British Speedway Forum
KN1

Good luck Robbo

6 minutes ago, KN1 said:

Basically as the title says, i would like to wish Stuart all  the best for his retirement,  been a great servant to the sport a really nice bloke and a great help to many younger riders that have come through, including my son. Thanks Robbo.

I endorse that sentiment...showing my age but I remember his father, John, riding!

Edited by steve roberts

A credit to the sport

Gives 100% everywhere he rides.

2nd in the 2001 British Final beating Dugard in a run off , who dont forget won the GP there the season before, so he could mix it with the best on his day.

Had his fair share of injuries as well.

A happy and safe retirement

• Like 1

Rarely a dull moment whenever Robbo was riding, especially if he wound up for one of his round-the-outside challenges that once he'd started it, the only safe outcome was to trust that he was going to emerge out in front as the bend was completed and it was time to straighten-up.

I will never forget standing on the little 3rd bend terrace at Oxford for a memorable but terrifying close-up view as he somehow squeezed round the outside of his friend, the late Lee Richardson, during the 2005 British Final.

Very few riders would have even dared to start such a manoeuvre, never mind trusted both himself and his rival that it was worth tackling.

Even fewer would have completed it so successfully and safely.

Happy retirement and, hopefully, some sort of coaching/mentor role in due course because Robbo's wonderfully good at explaining anything regarding speedway and, unfortunately thanks to his various nasty smashes over the years, also an expert at how to listen to your own body and thus pace any recovery from serious injury,

• Like 1

Robbo has always been a joy to watch and possibly my favourite 'non Witch'

British Speedway has been lucky to have Robbo and would benefit greatly if it could find a few more

All the best for the future

• Like 1

Thanks for the years of entertainment and here's to a Happy Retirement.

I would like to wish 'Robbo' the very best of everything in his recently announced retirement, he certainly deserves it.. A great Rider who always gave 100%.

6 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Robbo has always been a joy to watch and possibly my favourite 'non Witch'

British Speedway has been lucky to have Robbo and would benefit greatly if it could find a few more

All the best for the future

I agree the sport would benefit greatly with a few more like Robbo. A good guy on an off the track. Wishing you a happy retirement mate.

Robbo has been a great servant to the sport whether he was riding for Newcastle, Coventry or Rye House. I remember first getting involved with him in 1993 when he was just 15 and brother Scott was riding for the Diamonds. A full on gutsy style we had to lend him out to Edinburgh, because he kept demolishing the 4th bend regularly. Always been a fans favourite because of his nature and genuine care for the supporters. I hope he finds a position in Speedway as he has so much to give back to Speedway  with his wealth of experience.

All the best for your future Stuey. 

• Like 3

Its always sad when a long serving rider calls it a day but its great to see Stuart go out on his own terms, not having to retire due to injury, not announcing his retirement after not getting a team place, but getting out when he is still capable of doing a decent job for a team.

Happy retirement Stuart.

• Like 1

From a Wolves fans perspective, I know I'm not alone in saying Robbo was a highly respected rider to watch at Monmore Green. Excellent track craft and always gave 100%. 

Wishing you a long and happy retirement.

Always happy when a rider walks away at a time of their own choosing. Top rider, top bloke. All the best in your retirement.

Always been a pleasure to watch Robbo. A genuine racer and genuine bloke.