British Speedway Forum
KN1

Good luck Robbo

Happy Retirement Robbo always loved his interviews on Sky matches and watching his all action style along with Scott.

If Stuy Robson is set to retire I would like to personally thank him for 25 years service to the sport, always a favourite of mine since I was 16 years old.

However I am not suppressed to hear this sad news it has to be said and after me sitting this entire season out with the exception of both away meetings at Redcar, I don't see me returning to the speedway full time anymore either so that's the two of us calling it a day as Stuy is the only rider together with Willko that float my boat these days the only riders to get my passion to shout for!!

Good luck Stuy  on whatever you do in the future.

I can only endorse what has already been written. I had the privilege to see Robbo ride for Lakeside and he was always Mr Entertainment, as well as being a top rider. To cap it all a really nice chap too, always had time for the fans and a proper chat no matter what. 

He was one of those riders that when he rode for the opposition, I actually did not mind him winning races! 

Have a good and long retirement Robbo, and please if possible, stay involved if you can. Your sport needs you!

• Like 1

Yeah all the best Robbo.  He, with brother Scott, rode just the one season at Hull in 1997 but 21 years on I still recall his never give up race to the chequred flag attitude. Nice guy too, nice family in fact, from the few briefish chats I had with the Robsons.   In the Hull proggie his name varied from Stuart, to Stu and on at least one occasion Stew Robson, someone was having a laugh there methinks....

good luck and best wishes for the future Stuart

Good to see you leave the sport on your terms

Thanks for all the memories over the years .........  you represent everything that is good about speedway ..... a pity there are not more of you around

Glad you clarified that Mauger65 - I was worried for a second that you were just talking to yourself!! :D

• Haha 1

One of British Speedways good guys, watched many many good races true ambassador to the sport, have a great retirement and thanks for the memories.

Always gave 100% with a fearless attitude and a spectacular style. As a fan you can't ask for any more than that. Have a great retirement. Its been great watching you down the years.