British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon v Belle Vue. Thursday 27/09/18.

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

It would make sense to give Bickley and Lawlor a run out in this.

Bickley makes his Aces debut in this meeting.

15 hours ago, ZagarRacing said:

Ashley Morris guests for Zach Wajtknecht who is unavailable, Kyle Howarth & Jye Etheridge guest for Dan Bewley & Mark Riss. 

Prediction

Robins 50-40 Aces

1. Troy Batchelor

2. Adam Ellis

3. David Bellego

4. Tobiasz Musielak 

5. Nick Morris

6. Ashley Morris (GUEST)

7. Jack Smith

1. Max Fricke

2. Kyle Howarth (GUEST)

3. Steve Worrall

4. Rohan Tungate

5. R/R

6. Dimitri Berge

7. Jye Etheridge (GUEST)

Yet again a load of rubbish

Swindon No 6 TBC

BV Line up 

Fricke

Worrall

Cook R/R

Tungate 

Grajczonek

Berge

Bickley

Edited by A ORLOV

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3181

See Rosco is having a little pop at the lack of support. Putting the blame firmly on the supporters for next year's team already.

Unfortunately Alun, this is a pointless meeting for fans to justify passing over their hard earned.

As for the last meeting at the current Abbey Stadium, many believe that this could be the last ever Robins home meeting. A little bit of gratitude towards your supporters rather than slagging them off may have gone a little further.

• Like 3

From Swindon's site - TBC for Zach at the moment.

''But they are forced into a change at reserve as Zach Wajtknecht is not fit to resume as he continues to have problems with his back following his crash at Lakeside nearly a fortnight ago.

Wajtknecht has also withdrawn from his call-up for the final round of the World Under-21 Championship in Pardubice on Friday.''

http://www.swindonrobins.co/news.php?extend.3182.1

Edited by hyabb17

Batch has nicely maneuvered himself below 8.00 this past month, so it will be interesting to see if he stays there.

12 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Batch has nicely maneuvered himself below 8.00 this past month, so it will be interesting to see if he stays there.

If it's maneuvering he forgot that it wasn't necessary when he got to Poland. :D

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Grachan said:

As have a lot of the riders in the PL ready for next season.

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

See Rosco is having a little pop at the lack of support. Putting the blame firmly on the supporters for next year's team already.

Unfortunately Alun, this is a pointless meeting for fans to justify passing over their hard earned.

As for the last meeting at the current Abbey Stadium, many believe that this could be the last ever Robins home meeting. A little bit of gratitude towards your supporters rather than slagging them off may have gone a little further.

Rosco is merely saying that if they 'drop another 10k' through lack of support at this final meeting then it could have a serious financial effect on the strength of the 2019 line-up.

• Like 1

If Swindon produced a better racetrack like Somerset and Belle Vue and better facilities then more would turn up and part with their 17 quid. Not having the world champion returning to Blunsdon would have lost a few fans.

Constantly messing around with different racenights. Irregular fixtures.Need that new track and stadium to get some fans coming back in.

Some hard work from Lee Kilby to attract new sponsors well done son.

They need to connect with the community more, like the football and ice hockey clubs.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I support Rosco in most things regarding the Robins but I think he's got this wrong.

I appreciate he's frustrated at losing money over the KO cup but criticising fans for calling this a dead rubber is ill judged. It is a dead rubber, the result changes nothing. Furthermore, I know it's not their fault but the Aces have half their team missing so it's not exactly an attractive event. Why should people fork out another £17 per head to stand about on what is likely to be a cold night.

I think if he chose  a more conciliatory tone he'd get a better response from supporters.

• Like 3

Conciliatory/Rosco?  Let’s be frank here, he wouldn’t know the definition of conciliatory if it smacked him in the mush!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

I support Rosco in most things regarding the Robins but I think he's got this wrong.

I appreciate he's frustrated at losing money over the KO cup but criticising fans for calling this a dead rubber is ill judged. It is a dead rubber, the result changes nothing. Furthermore, I know it's not their fault but the Aces have half their team missing so it's not exactly an attractive event. Why should people fork out another £17 per head to stand about on what is likely to be a cold night.

I think if he chose  a more conciliatory tone he'd get a better response from supporters.

Rosco, excellent manager, but not the most popular bloke in Swindon.

The club just expect people to turn up regardless, and the diehards will.

Swindon have to improve their product to gain new fans.

Always get to Swindon a few times each year and was thinking about coming down tomorrow but over 3 hours round trip to stand in the cold at £17 plus a bit of food to watch a meaningless meeting with guests and r/r or go up my local and spend £9 plus a bag of crisps. It's a no brainer. Always enjoy my trips to the Abbey but the racing I've seen there this year hasn't been good. Hope it works out for next year with a new track but I've got my doubts