British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon v Belle Vue. Thursday 27/09/18.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:31 AM, auntie doris said:

With the result meaning nothing and Belle Vue doing a great thing by giving young Bickley his debut surely young Rowe should get a go instead of Zach.He would be up against Smith and Bickley so it would be a great chance for our no 8 to gain long term experience.

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Swindon have to improve their product to gain new fans.

Well, they intend to lay down a new track giving a variety of racing lines, something along the lines of the NSS but flatter perhaps. They have, seemingly, a great opportunity which should help gain some new fans.

14 hours ago, Gresham78 said:

I support Rosco in most things regarding the Robins but I think he's got this wrong.

I appreciate he's frustrated at losing money over the KO cup but criticising fans for calling this a dead rubber is ill judged. It is a dead rubber, the result changes nothing. Furthermore, I know it's not their fault but the Aces have half their team missing so it's not exactly an attractive event. Why should people fork out another £17 per head to stand about on what is likely to be a cold night.

I think if he chose  a more conciliatory tone he'd get a better response from supporters.

The scores will ultimately confirm the final GSAs for next season - so hardly meaningless!!!!:shock:;):party:

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

The scores will ultimately confirm the final GSAs for next season - so hardly meaningless!!!!:shock:;):party:

It will be interesting watching to see if certain riders are reducing their average so they have more of a chance of securing a position next year.  A lot will depend on what the bspa decide as a team average limit and even number of riders in a team.  Just look at how many riders have recently got their average below 8.  In the past riders have done very well  one season and ridden themselves out of a job in the UK the next.  Others have waved their partner through on the line so they get a bonus point and reduced average but the same pay as if they had won.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Gresham78 said:

I think if he chose  a more conciliatory tone he'd get a better response from supporters.

Rosco is very like at least half of the BSPA Promoters ( and movers and shakers of UK speedway ) in that fan blaming comes as second nature to them. I am surprised that the usual threats of " use or lose it" have started so late. Swindon fans, ( if the Robins run in 2019 ) will have a weaker team because the leagues will be weaker all round. Unless Swindon are somehow in the Super Dooper Mega 5 Team League that seems to have been considered with Superstar Big Names galore.

8 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

Rosco is very like at least half of the BSPA Promoters ( and movers and shakers of UK speedway ) in that fan blaming comes as second nature to them. I am surprised that the usual threats of " use or lose it" have started so late. Swindon fans, ( if the Robins run in 2019 ) will have a weaker team because the leagues will be weaker all round. Unless Swindon are somehow in the Super Dooper Mega 5 Team League that seems to have been considered with Superstar Big Names galore.

If as reported the team has struggled financially this year how the hell is any team in a 5 team league with superstars back going to survive.

If that is the plan, which I doubt, I would rather watch a larger league, ie CL plus PL combined.    

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

It will be interesting watching to see if certain riders are reducing their average so they have more of a chance of securing a position next year.  A lot will depend on what the bspa decide as a team average limit and even number of riders in a team.  Just look at how many riders have recently got their average below 8.  In the past riders have done very well  one season and ridden themselves out of a job in the UK the next.  Others have waved their partner through on the line so they get a bonus point and reduced average but the same pay as if they had won.

Batch has gone from 8.48 to 7.96 in the last month. As long as he averages 8.00 tonight he'll be fine.

They should have gone old-skool tonight. Fireworks, moped races, flour fights, burning Rosco's trousers - that sort of thing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes but one meeting isn't going to change the averages much.

1 minute ago, Grachan said:

Batch has gone from 8.48 to 7.96 in the last month. As long as he averages 8.00 tonight he'll be fine.

They should have gone old-skool tonight. Fireworks, moped races, flour fights, burning Rosco's trousers - that sort of thing.

Unless the bspa reduce the team limit, again, so even fitting in a 7.96 rider is difficult.

5 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Any news of who is Zach's replacement???

Reserves for Swindon are now James Sarjeant and Tom Brennan.

Edited by A ORLOV

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Reserves for Swindon are now James Sarjeant and Tom Brennan.

The usual crap guest of 0000000000 Sargent then,

28 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Or attaching a rocket to his pants!

Adam's best night this year was guesting for Kings Lynn in a double-header, shows the riders dislike of the Abbey racetrack.

Good to see local lad Brennan in the team.

• Like 2