British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon v Belle Vue. Thursday 27/09/18.

7 minutes ago, ZagarRacing said:

Morris & Batchelor basically average dropping so far, it’s so obvious. 

Not there, but my bet for tonight was Josh over and exactly 8..Don't think guest rides count towards averages, I hope :blink: 

Edited by Bald Bloke

This has to be the worst speedway match of all time .10 mins between races to back drop of a 1980's sound track .if you wanted to know why speedway is dying this is it  

Edited by orion
  • Like 6

I’ve never seen a ref hold the tapes for so long, makes a mockery of the meeting..

I can’t wait for the reduced track size, the current track has had its day!!

Edited by hyabb17

6 minutes ago, orion said:

This has to be the worst speedway match of all time .10 mins between races to back drop of a 1980's sound track .if you wanted to know why speedway is dying this is it  

The promoters just don't get it. The vast majority of fans just want a well run meeting with minimal delays. Until they grasp this, the public will continue to walk away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

The promoters just don't get it. The vast majority of fans just want a well run meeting with minimal delays. Until they grasp this, the public will continue to walk away.

11 minutes ago, orion said:

FOR most fans music of the 80s is far too modern:party::party:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How dare Rossiter moan at attendances and how it will effect team budgets for 2019.

Riders were clearly average dropping from Swindon side, Batchelor & Morris in particular. 

Racing was gate and go yet again.

Thank god 2018 is over

We left after heat 11 after let another delay .it was like a  slow form of torture .

6 hours ago, poole keith said:

could score 6 and his average go up, if say he only scored 2 in the meeting that drops off

There you go. Five points.

7 minutes ago, orion said:

We left after heat 11 after let another delay .it was like a  slow form of torture .

My earlier missive encapsulated perfectly in tonight’s meeting. Home team average dropping, a ref clearly paid by the minute and the crowd, bigger than anticipated bored and disengaged.

So, just in case, any current promoters read the forum take your heads out of your rear ends and put on a spectacle worthy £17.

If not, shut up shop and close the door quietly behind you.

Enough is enough...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, orion said:

Swindon always the victims lol !

7 hours ago, theblueboy said:

Who would you use then in this most meaningless of fixtures?

Anders Rowe unless he was unavailable but as that hasn’t been mentioned then I guess he was. Belle Vue used Kyle & Sargent is always a crap guest for us.

One of the most miserable nights I've ever had at speedway.  Rossiter urging fans to support the club and turn up to this dead rubber had the desired affect and a more than decent crowd. To be honest he and they didn't deserve it.  The most processional night of racing dragged out by constant delays at the start line for no apparent reason.  Frustrated riders touching the tapes, when they did get going Swindon riders consistently trailing in the wake of the Belle Vue riders.  The away side won at a canter such was the lack of effort from the Swindon riders.  Can't remember hardly any passing apart from Musielak, who is the one Swindon rider who has consistently tried hard this season.  Interviews at the end with the riders all saying the same thing, they were "disappointed" but "that's the way it is".  Could have been a different story if Rossiter made team changes when it became obvious they would never win away and thus didn't have a hope of making the play offs.  Would've loved a colourful firework display as was always the tradition at the end of the season but none of course.   If this turns out to be the last ever meeting at Swindon then they went out with a whimper rather than a bang.  Rossiter was "disappointed" but hey, ho, "that's the way it is".  Oh and I'll be more than happy if I never hear those AC/DC, Van Halen et al  tracks they always play ever again.

• Like 3

The SCB should credit a full maximum score to the likes of Batchelor and Morris in situations like this.

Using a dead-rubber of a fixture to manipulate the averages is robbing the public.  But will the SCB take any action?  Of course not.

• Like 1