British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

Swindon v Belle Vue. Thursday 27/09/18.

3 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

The average dropping was pretty blatant last night and I felt really sorry for the Swindon fans parting with their hard earned money and having to watch it!

I think one of the problems with league Speedway these days is that (unlike the fans who follow their team) many riders have little or no real affinity to the club(s) they ride for.

Looks that way, with none of the top 5 hitting their average.

Who decides when the 2 minute warning goes on?

Last night several of the restarts mechanics and riders on bends 3/4 having made what alterations were needed,  topped up what little fuel was used, were standing looking over to start line. The tapes had been fixed and the start Marshall looked ready. Still no 2 min warning started. I think the delay between the first attempt and the rerun of  heat 12 it was about 7 minutes until 2 min warning came on. 

1 minute ago, Anzum said:

Who decides when the 2 minute warning goes on?

Last night several of the restarts mechanics and riders on bends 3/4 having made what alterations were needed,  topped up what little fuel was used, were standing looking over to start line. The tapes had been fixed and the start Marshall looked ready. Still no 2 min warning started. I think the delay between the first attempt and the rerun of  heat 12 it was about 7 minutes until 2 min warning came on. 

I would think the ref.

Swindon fans have bleated on here about Poole going to Blunsdon years ago and having a meeting where they had quite a few ef’s and didn’t look interested.

So they need not bring that up again after their own team did it by taking a big dump on their own fans by blatantly reducing averages and not trying.

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon fans have bleated on here about Poole going to Blunsdon years ago and having a meeting where they had quite a few ef’s and didn’t look interested.

So they need not bring that up again after their own team did it by taking a big dump on their own fans by blatantly reducing averages and not trying.

We have not you have  :rolleyes:, many teams have done it in the past.

5 hours ago, WembleyLion said:

The average dropping was pretty blatant last night and I felt really sorry for the Swindon fans parting with their hard earned money and having to watch it!

I think one of the problems with league Speedway these days is that (unlike the fans who follow their team) many riders have little or no real affinity to the club(s) they ride for.

Easy rectified, take away the riders 2 lowest scoring meetings from their averages for team building purposes!  riders throwing 3 or more meetings would be severely hit in the pocket!!!

So Smith was too 'sick' to ride for Swindon on Thursday.

Yet he was ok to travel to Czecho for the Golden Ribbon at Pardubice and ride in it today.  No commitment like his Dad, thats for sure.

1 hour ago, BobC said:

So Smith was too 'sick' to ride for Swindon on Thursday.

Yet he was ok to travel to Czecho for the Golden Ribbon at Pardubice and ride in it today.  No commitment like his Dad, thats for sure.

How did he get a invite to that ? is it a worst rider in the world comp ?

On 9/28/2018 at 6:47 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

The difference is nearly every Swindon fan on here has carpeted their own team and promotion rather than thinking the sun shines out of their collective arses. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 5