British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

4 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Any team news on who Belle Vue will be using to relace Riss on Monday ?

Well they're using Jonas b Andersen tonight so can they use him Monday as they are at home or does the 7 day rule apply?

5 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well they're using Jonas b Andersen tonight so can they use him Monday as they are at home or does the 7 day rule apply?

No they can`t

18.10 A GUEST RIDER (G) replaces an absent regular Team Member subject to the following: 18.10.1 If the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the Top 1 – 5 of the Team, then the Missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by + 5% at a Home Meeting to determine the allowance for the Guest rider. 18.10.2 A rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period unless he is replacing the Home Teams #1 or is a NDL rider guesting for the Home Team. 18.10.3 The Guest must be in a current Team Declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be The Speedway Regulations 46 used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor will apply. 18.10.4 The Guest assumes the position and MA of the Missing rider. 18.10.5 A Guest Rider in a “double-header” shall count as one Meeting only. 18.10.6 No Rider, whose Team is in the Play-Offs may appear as a Guest in the Play-Offs.

14 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

No they can`t

18.10 A GUEST RIDER (G) replaces an absent regular Team Member subject to the following: 18.10.1 If the absent rider, with an established MA, is in the Top 1 – 5 of the Team, then the Missing rider’s MA will be enhanced by + 5% at a Home Meeting to determine the allowance for the Guest rider. 18.10.2 A rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period unless he is replacing the Home Teams #1 or is a NDL rider guesting for the Home Team. 18.10.3 The Guest must be in a current Team Declaration and have an MA that is the same or lower than that of the absent rider. If a rider has an established MA in both Premiership and Championship leagues the MA for the league for which the rider is guesting, will be The Speedway Regulations 46 used. If the rider does not have an established MA in that particular league then the conversion factor will apply. 18.10.4 The Guest assumes the position and MA of the Missing rider. 18.10.5 A Guest Rider in a “double-header” shall count as one Meeting only. 18.10.6 No Rider, whose Team is in the Play-Offs may appear as a Guest in the Play-Offs.

In that case isn't having Jonas just for tonight a mistake as if they didn't use him tonight they could use him Monday, a more important fixture and would make a big difference against Kings Lynn's reserves. I can't see anyone else they could use on the average available that is as good. Apart from the fact they have no chance of turning over a 14 point deficit.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

In that case isn't having Jonas just for tonight a mistake as if they didn't use him tonight they could use him Monday, a more important fixture and would make a big difference against Kings Lynn's reserves. I can't see anyone else they could use on the average available that is as good. Apart from the fact they have no chance of turning over a 14 point deficit.

Maybe the return of Jye for Monday 

I expect would Jye to be used at Belle Vue then Jonas B at King's Lynn 

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I expect would Jye to be used at Belle Vue then Jonas B at King's Lynn 

I would think you're right about Jye. The return leg is on 1st October so any guest may be affected by new averages.

With Belle Vue having (probably) only three meetings left, they are leaving it really late for their luck to even out over the season. 

Could be our saving grace?

58 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I would think you're right about Jye. The return leg is on 1st October so any guest may be affected by new averages.

I was thinking that.I can only see the average of Riss going down slightly,and with his and Jonas B's average very similar already it may make the difference of whether he could guest at Lynn or not.Having said that maybe Jonas B's average may go down too.

Whoever we used tonight was surely the 2nd choice guest, and they have someone they think will be better on Monday.

4 hours ago, ouch said:

With Belle Vue having (probably) only three meetings left, they are leaving it really late for their luck to even out over the season. 

Could be our saving grace?

Any amount of good luck won't help turn a 14 point deficit unless Somerset get a couple of injuries and i'm sure you wouldn't wish that on them. Apart from Bewley what other bad luck have you had? 

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Any amount of good luck won't help turn a 14 point deficit unless Somerset get a couple of injuries and i'm sure you wouldn't wish that on them. Apart from Bewley what other bad luck have you had? 

Worrall out for most of the season with a Broken Leg!!

I think 2 serious injurys is terribly bad luck.

Edited by SUPERACE

26 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Worrall out for most of the season with a Broken Leg!!

I think 2 serious injurys is terribly bad luck.

He's back now though for the cup and the play offs so you have covered his absence. 

He’s a shadow of the rider which started the season though.

• Like 1