British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He's back now though for the cup and the play offs so you have covered his absence. 

Firstly that wasn't the point you responded too, it was a post about belle vues luck over the season which as been shocking.  Secondly Worrall is back but he's far from full fitness and won't be until next season.

7 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Firstly that wasn't the point you responded too, it was a post about belle vues luck over the season which as been shocking.  Secondly Worrall is back but he's far from full fitness and won't be until next season.

Well he is riding better now but it was bad luck for him and Belle Vue. He could have been replaced though with a in form rider. 

So envious of the Belle Vue fans being able to watch speedway on the NSS super raceway, this would help off set  most of the bad luck you've  had this year.  I am amazed   the attendance figures aren't more  encouraging.       Having been fortunate to  race there twice already this season, I feel confident the Stars will compete for every point and the end result should be close.   Would obviously like to win,  but a close lost will do just fine.....    

If Bewley had been riding the task would be much greater....   Do hope he is progressing well,     he is such an awesome talent to have missing.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, g13webb said:

So envious of the Belle Vue fans being able to watch speedway on the NSS super raceway, this would help off set  most of the bad luck you've  had this year.  I am amazed   the attendance figures aren't more  encouraging.       Having been fortunate to  race there twice already this season, I feel confident the Stars will compete for every point and the end result should be close.   Would obviously like to win,  but a close lost will do just fine.....    

If Bewley had been riding the task would be much greater....   Do hope he is progressing well,     he is such an awesome talent to have missing.....

the track has been a little strange these past few meetings, 1st half being pretty much gate and go, still fast and fairly close but not much passing, the second half tends to make up for it with the racing lines coming and the racing out of this world. 

I think belle vue really need to get jye for Monday's play off as no replacements seem to be able to score points at home 

1 minute ago, bree34 said:

I think belle vue really need to get jye for Monday's play off as no replacements seem to be able to score points at home 

Dont worry jye your back in on Monday I'm told.

Ps: sorry I meant Bree.

Five of us coming up Monday,but can anyone tell me if there are many places to eat near the stadium.Not fussed whether it's any takeaways or pubs to be honest.I normally come up the back way:rolleyes:to Manchester and stop off at one of the pubs on route,but would like to get there in plenty of time to get parked up this time around.

21 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Five of us coming up Monday,but can anyone tell me if there are many places to eat near the stadium.Not fussed whether it's any takeaways or pubs to be honest.I normally come up the back way:rolleyes:to Manchester and stop off at one of the pubs on route,but would like to get there in plenty of time to get parked up this time around.

You can eat in the Diamond Lodge Hotel - just up Kirky Lane from the stadium. I think they start serving about 5.30pm. Big helpings and reasonable prices. 

Or else, If you’re coming along Hyde Road from the motorway, there’s a Subway beside the Tesco on the right hand side and just afterwards, a KFC, again on the right. 

4 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

You can eat in the Diamond Lodge Hotel - just up Kirky Lane from the stadium. I think they start serving about 5.30pm. Big helpings and reasonable prices. 

Or else, If you’re coming along Hyde Road from the motorway, there’s a Subway beside the Tesco on the right hand side and just afterwards, a KFC, again on the right. 

Thanks for that,i will be coming which ever way the sat nav takes us:D.Think it will be Hyde Road.Think my mates might take the Hotel just for the beer:shock: i'm the driver:neutral:.Mind you if we make the final,and that is a big if i will nominate one of my friends then to drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

You can eat in the stadium in the Peter Craven Suite before the meeting which is nice, or there is a KFC just down the road, not much else apart from the famous curry mile 1 mile away.

At Wednesday's Aces v Somerset KOC Meeting we will be serving Homemade Steak & John Smith's Ale Pie or Homemade Leek, Mushroom & Vegetable Pie served with chips & peas for £7.50
No need to book, pay on the night (please purchase your meeting admission ticket before entering reception)

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

On 9/18/2018 at 3:21 PM, Aces51 said:

I thought this was going to be about our meeting on Monday but always like to stay on topic so here goes.

1993. A great year for the Aces winning the league in the last race of the last meeting of the season and made all the more enjoyable because it was away at Wolves. Bobby Ott, brilliant performance.

A great year for being lucky certainly.

2 hours ago, Beowulf said:

A great year for being lucky certainly

That can't be right. Every time things go against us people keep saying that it evens out over a season. :D

3 hours ago, Rob B said:

You can eat in the stadium in the Peter Craven Suite before the meeting which is nice, or there is a KFC just down the road, not much else apart from the famous curry mile 1 mile away.

At Wednesday's Aces v Somerset KOC Meeting we will be serving Homemade Steak & John Smith's Ale Pie or Homemade Leek, Mushroom & Vegetable Pie served with chips & peas for £7.50
No need to book, pay on the night (please purchase your meeting admission ticket before entering reception)

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

Looks good and cheap as well.But i can see this being packed next Monday surely?Incidentally how many does the suite hold?

4 hours ago, tellboy said:

Theres a pub. called The Windmill and its just five minutes drive from the stadium.   Its a  Stonehouse chain pub doing Pizzas and carverys.  Look it up on their website for sat nav details.

The Windmill  Denton Manchester.

Can vouch for the Windmill, good grub.

• Like 1