British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

Looking forward to this. BV need at least a 12 point lead. Every chance they could get it if they ride to their potential and would set up the second leg for a thriller.

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Looking forward to this. BV need at least a 12 point lead. Every chance they could get it if they ride to their potential and would set up the second leg for a thriller.

I think this is another meeting where it may be close in both legs with riders from both sides riding both tracks well. As a pair i think the top two riders from each team are well matched but Robert Lambert is almost unbeatable at Kings Lynn so that's to their advantage and lower down the order Kings Lynn will show their strength in depth. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Pre advance ticket sales are way below standard. 

In one way in quite happy at that because I hate the glory hunters that come out the woodwork for play offs and act like they been all year. 

But the club need a big crowd so where are you  

55 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

In one way in quite happy at that because I hate the glory hunters that come out the woodwork for play offs and act like they been all year. 

Is the local paper giving daily coverage on it in the lead up?

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I think this is another meeting where it may be close in both legs with riders from both sides riding both tracks well. As a pair i think the top two riders from each team are well matched but Robert Lambert is almost unbeatable at Kings Lynn so that's to their advantage and lower down the order Kings Lynn will show their strength in depth. 

and the NSS, is NKI ok to ride or still injured. If he is still injured that evens the teams up, if TP is not fit to ride then it's advantage to Belle Vue. Such a massive shame we can't see 2 full strength teams battling it out, but as they say. That's speedway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Weather looks good for Monday Phil, hopefully the stay away fans will come and support both teams in what should be a superb meeting. If the track is anything like it's been recently we will need our gating boots on to build up a useful lead to take the Lynn.

7 minutes ago, hyderd said:

and the NSS, is NKI ok to ride or still injured. If he is still injured that evens the teams up, if TP is not fit to ride then it's advantage to Belle Vue. Such a massive shame we can't see 2 full strength teams battling it out, but as they say. That's speedway.

NKI rode in Sweden on Tuesday and is in the GP tonight so is definitely still not injured.

12 minutes ago, hyderd said:

NKI has ridden since, i believe his withdrawal was precautionary. Proctor rode last night so should be a full KL team although TP is coming back from injury like Worrall. Worrall is still struggling for fitness in my opinion as he seems to start meetings well then fades later on. I take your point about full teams and Bewley is a big miss along with Worrall not being fully fit, it could depend on the guest BV get for Riss. 

I’d also argue that if Proctor doesn’t make it then we can cover for him pretty well with all bar Lambert able to take a R/R ride, assuming of course we don’t lose another rider on the night.

12 minutes ago, hyderd said:

Weather looks good for Monday Phil, hopefully the stay away fans will come and support both teams in what should be a superb meeting. If the track is anything like it's been recently we will need our gating boots on to build up a useful lead to take the Lynn.

Crowd will be around 1800 - 2000 I would think..

Not bad considering the Aces get around I would suggest 1200 - 1400 on average..

And considering its live on TV too...

And on a Monday...

Crowds were around 1800 on average in the first year riding on a Friday and Saturday so getting that many three years later given the generic ongoing decline of the sport won't be too bad I reckon..

Bank Holidays at the old place used to get circa 2500, and at best at the NSS this year they were around 2000, so all in all a similar amount on Monday would be a reasonable return..

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Is the local paper giving daily coverage on it in the lead up?

Nope. Won't get any this weekend or Monday. Every page will be united and city related. All sports outside football get next to no coverage 

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

NKI has ridden since, i believe his withdrawal was precautionary. Proctor rode last night so should be a full KL team although TP is coming back from injury like Worrall. Worrall is still struggling for fitness in my opinion as he seems to start meetings well then fades later on. I take your point about full teams and Bewley is a big miss along with Worrall not being fully fit, it could depend on the guest BV get for Riss. 

Ty pulled out of his 4th ride last night. So probably not 100%. I ain't heard anything on how he is. The Comets are riding again tonight, so will see if Ty's involved.

My worry is TJ for the trip to the NSS. He is up and down and don't seem to go well at BV.. In his last 2 meetings there his scores are....

EF, 0, 1 =1   and 1, 2, 0, 0 = 3

His last meeting was at home in the cup semi  on the 17th and he scored 2, 0, 1, 0, 1 +4. He's a worry for me.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Sorry to see Cookie crash in the SGP - hope he OK to ride for the Aces on Monday

Possible broken wrist for cook. Should make it easy for Lynn now. He was flying lately. Irreplaceable.

We can get batch who will do anything to beat Lynn though