British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

No idea who would or wouldn't be eligible but I'd much rather someone the like of Sam Masters as a guest, at least you know he would give his all on the track, Batchelor has pulled one stunt too many for me.

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

Crowd will be around 1800 - 2000 I would think..

Not bad considering the Aces get around I would suggest 1200 - 1400 on average..

And considering its live on TV too...

And on a Monday...

Crowds were around 1800 on average in the first year riding on a Friday and Saturday so getting that many three years later given the generic ongoing decline of the sport won't be too bad I reckon..

Bank Holidays at the old place used to get circa 2500, and at best at the NSS this year they were around 2000, so all in all a similar amount on Monday would be a reasonable return..

Hi, Mike,

Question. In a sport that remains so secretive about attendance figures can you tell us where you obtain the figures in your post?

Genuine question, not in any way a criticism.

Cheers.

2 minutes ago, nw42 said:

No idea who would or wouldn't be eligible but I'd much rather someone the like of Sam Masters as a guest, at least you know he would give his all on the track, Batchelor has pulled one stunt too many for me.

We are allowed up to 8.07 at home so Masters is too high. Craig has been coming back to his best form and was superb on Wednesday against Somerset so we will struggle to get a suitable guest to adequately replace him. Batchelor is probably the best we can get for Monday. 

It was going to be difficult without Bewley, without Craig we are really going to have to pull out all the stops to get a win on Monday.

Shame about Dan and Cookie. BV could have done with a level playing field. But its not over til its  over.

33 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

We are allowed up to 8.07 at home so Masters is too high. Craig has been coming back to his best form and was superb on Wednesday against Somerset so we will struggle to get a suitable guest to adequately replace him. Batchelor is probably the best we can get for Monday. 

It was going to be difficult without Bewley, without Craig we are really going to have to pull out all the stops to get a win on Monday.

Thanks for that, was unsure, so there's nobody but Batchelor, such a shame.  

It is Etheridge who fills in at no7 according to both Aces and Stars websites.

Craig has tweeted that he has good strength in his wrist, is getting it checked in UK tomorrow and aiming to ride on Monday.

Replying to someone he added, broken bones but thinks he's ok.

We might have to wait and see what happens when he gets it checked tomorrow but obviously he is going to race if he can.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

That wrist will stiffen up a treat overnight.

I want him to race but only if he's only 100% fit. He needs to think of the team before himself on this one.

I know it means a lot to him but that doesn't matter here

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lastword said:

Hi, Mike,

Question. In a sport that remains so secretive about attendance figures can you tell us where you obtain the figures in your post?

Genuine question, not in any way a criticism.

Cheers.

Hi LW..

A bit factual and a bit guesstimate, as you say, Omerta is the word to describe Speedway attendances..

Last year the average quoted by the CEO was circa 1400...

This year it's visually and tangibly less than that due to FRN...

DG said crowds were around 1800 on average the first year, up considerably from the old place..

But sadly not enough..

BH's brought in 2500 - 3000 according to DG at Kirky Lane and this year when I went the circa 1800 Grand stand was around 2/3rds full with around 500-600 ish in the south stand..

Not been much this year due to Mon and Wed race nights but looking at photos on FB, and listening to a mate of mine who goes, the Grandstand is approx 1/2 full each week with 300-400 in the South Stand..

Not bad for such a Mickey Mouse ran Sport to be fair..

Imagine how many would go if it could be ran like a proper Team Sport? On nights that the majority of the population of Manchester can actually get there.?

Not sure of the value of getting Etheridge in as a guest for Riss as he was sacked by the club. As for Cook unless he rides at his best BV maybe better with a guest. The plus for Kings Lynn fans is how good NKI went in the gp last night along with RL looks a formidable pair to have in the latter stages of the meeting. 

Etheridge was sacked because of his away form and because we could win at home with a replacement and we needed away points to qualify for the play offs. His average at home was 5.29 so if he can score 5/6 points he and Berge at reserve will be a good pairing.

Assuming he is available, the only guest likely to get a decent score is Batchelor and he wouldn't do as well as Cook on Craig's current form. What we must avoid is Craig riding and having to withdraw part way through.

Edited by Aces51

Batch would fit but Masters is too high according to the figures 31/08/18.

How about Hans Anderson?

Alternatively if Cookie is deemed unfit why not do r/r for him and get a guest forBewley eg Nick Morris?

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Batch would fit but Masters is too high according to the figures 31/08/18.

How about Hans Anderson?

Alternatively if Cookie is deemed unfit why not do r/r for him and get a guest forBewley eg Nick Morris?

Just looked at performances at BV and surprised others have not mentioned Hans.