British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

Hans has put in some good performances at the NSS but not in the same class as Batchelor albeit his last performance wasn't quite so good, 3 wins and 2 thirds. Neither really measure up to Craig's current form.

Edited by Aces51

16 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

The averages in the official website has Cook on 8 16   Batch on 8 46  Masters 8 13  Hans on 8.04    Have they got wrong

Yes  Need to look at issue 26

Cook with +5% is  8.07

Batch is 7.96

Masters 8.32

Hans      8.00

You have to note that many riders have been dropping their averages, mostly below 8 points probably ready for 2019.

Edited by A ORLOV

16 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

The averages in the official website has Cook on 8 16   Batch on 8 46  Masters 8 13  Hans on 8.04    Have they got wrong

I'm not sure which average you are looking at but the relevant averages are here

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/premiershipteamissues18

You want the last one, issue 26. For Mondays home meeting you also have to take into account the 5% added to Craig's average for a guest for a home meeting.

Hopefully, Craig's optimism is justified and he will be able to race.

Edited to add that A Orlov effectively beat me to it.

Edited by Aces51

Anderson would be better than Batch if you had a choice.     More of a team player.

BV manager is an Aussie so he may see it differently

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

Not being up on the ever changing rules how come we can replace Cook when Wolves couldnt replace their top 2 last season and going back even further we couldnt replace Bjerre v Coventry? I thought guests couldnt be used.

10 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Not being up on the ever changing rules how come we can replace Cook when Wolves couldnt replace their top 2 last season and going back even further we couldnt replace Bjerre v Coventry? I thought guests couldnt be used.

Wolves did have a guest last year, they had Chris Harris.

Course they did forgot cheers, hope we pick one who performs better than he did.

17 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Shame about Dan and Cookie. BV could have done with a level playing field. But its not over til its  over.

Rotten luck indeed. However Wolves so very nearly did last year without their top 2 so it’s proof that it can be done if they want it bad enough. Will be a massive challenge tho.

Having just replied to pointsmeanplayoffs on the Kings Lynn thread,could any nice Belle Vue fans tell me about standing areas at the NSS.Having only been up for the World Cup final in 2016 there was obviously plenty of temporary seating there.I can't remember seeing any terracing on the bends,is there any standing on the bends or is it just the grandstand to sit or the South stand for standing.

10 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Having just replied to pointsmeanplayoffs on the Kings Lynn thread,could any nice Belle Vue fans tell me about standing areas at the NSS.Having only been up for the World Cup final in 2016 there was obviously plenty of temporary seating there.I can't remember seeing any terracing on the bends,is there any standing on the bends or is it just the grandstand to sit or the South stand for standing.

Standing is just in the South stand 

3 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Standing is just in the South stand 

Thankyou,how many can that hold?Might have to get in as soon as the gates open to mark my territory:D

19 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Thankyou,how many can that hold?Might have to get in as soon as the gates open to mark my territory:D

Holds 1200 I stand over in the South stand will get busy for sure tomorrow 

6 minutes ago, mark.1 said:

Holds 1200 I stand over in the South stand will get busy for sure tomorrow 

So is the total capacity around just 3000? The Grandstand is just under 1800..

Thought I read it was 5,000 when they opened not including that West Terrace that got removed?

Didnt they get 7,000 for the SWC Final with an extra 2000 seating on the third and fourth turns..?

3,000 seems a little low...

There is little doubt Hans would give his all if he guested but i think you would go with Batch as he is a better rider at the moment if you have to get a guest. Cook like Bewley is irreplaceable at Belle Vue but Batch has guested fot Poole in the past and given it everything and he must hate Buster Chapman paaionately.