British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

Gutted for cookie, he's been flying at the NSS lately and he is a huge loss tonight.  I would assume belle Vue have had someone on standby by, I'd personally go for a guest for Bewley and cook R/R, if they do go for a guest for cook then it has to be Batchelor.

Confirmed its R/R for Craig Cook (everyone can take ride) and Bellego for Bewley.

Bellego is in for Dan tonight and r/r for cook everyone can take a ride.

Edited by SUPERACE

So, David Bellego for Bewley, R/R for Cook.

Even bigger advantage for the Stars imo

1 minute ago, Rob B said:

Confirmed its R/R for Craig Cook (everyone can take ride) and Bellego for Bewley.

Beat me too it.  Correct decision I think.

1 minute ago, SUPERACE said:

Beat me too it.  Correct decision I think.

Puts a lot of pressure on Fricke & Tungate.

Edited by Rob B

Congratulations kings Lynn.

Not even a contest now.

It's a severe blow that Cook isn't riding and r/r weakens us considerably. Bellego has been decent on his last two visits, 11 from 6 and 8 from 5 but that doesn't fully compensate for Bewley. It's going to be very tough now for the Aces but I'm sure they will all give 100% and let's see what happens. Definitely King's Lynn's to lose now.

31 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Great!

Despite the league cup format having a negative effect on overall attendances, poor weather possibly spoiling the meetings and injuries having a major impact when the risk of those negatives could be significantly mitigated by having a proper league, and to satisfy those addicted to a big climax (what's the word for that, does it begin with W?) another tourney with a final, it is still great to see the biggish crowd for the cup final still makes up for all the rubbisht, if you're addicted to a big climax that is, lol!

As always, shouldn't your rants be directed towards the promoters? It is they, not fans, who put them in place.

Are Belle Vue in favor of play-offs or against them? Do you know?

As regards to the injury to Cook, terrible news. It does take something away when the 'heart' of the team is missing. Love him or hate him, Cook is sheer passion and gives his all for his club.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

It's a severe blow that Cook isn't riding and r/r weakens us considerably. Bellego has been decent on his last two visits, 11 from 6 and 8 from 5 but that doesn't fully compensate for Bewley. It's going to be very tough now for the Aces but I'm sure they will all give 100% and let's see what happens. Definitely King's Lynn's to lose now.

It's been known to happen, chin up  :)

has jye got a team place elsewhere since being released by belle vue? I was under the impression a guest HAD to have a current team place. The stars couldn't use Mads a few years back after he had been released by Leicester. 

Massive blow for Belle Vue, takes the shine off the tie a bit unfortunately. Lynn need to be cashing in big time tonight.

14 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Facts not rants? I don't understand your point, if 'Belle Vue' are in favour of the league cup what difference does that make to the negative effect on attendances, and weather and injury affected meetings?

It's unlike you to have negative things to say about the Belle Vue promotion, hence me wondering if they were actually against them.

Decent guest. And at 2 aswell. Right way to go. 

Very good changes 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Decent guest. And at 2 aswell. Right way to go. 

Very good changes 

Could be a good call