British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

22 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

has jye got a team place elsewhere since being released by belle vue? I was under the impression a guest HAD to have a current team place. The stars couldn't use Mads a few years back after he had been released by Leicester. 

Berwick in the Championship...

:)

Stars should complete their hat trick tonight. Can also see a negative impact on the gate.

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

It's a severe blow that Cook isn't riding and r/r weakens us considerably. Bellego has been decent on his last two visits, 11 from 6 and 8 from 5 but that doesn't fully compensate for Bewley. It's going to be very tough now for the Aces but I'm sure they will all give 100% and let's see what happens. Definitely King's Lynn's to lose now.

In my opinion it was always Kings Lynn's to lose even with Cook but now it just makes it much easier for them.

Win or lose at least we are almost certain to see some great speedway.  I'm feeling quite positive, unusual for me, a 10 or 12 point lead to take to Saddlebow Rd will keep the fire stoked for next Monday, we may have Craig back by then.

As FF says, if all are on their game then we can do it, here's hoping.

Fingers_Crossed_Emoji_Icon_ios10_large.p

1 minute ago, nw42 said:

Win or lose at least we are almost certain to see some great speedway.  I'm feeling quite positive, unusual for me, a 10 or 12 point lead to take to Saddlebow Rd will keep the fire stoked for next Monday, we may have Craig back by then.

As FF says, if all are on their game then we can do it, here's hoping.

Fingers_Crossed_Emoji_Icon_ios10_large.p

Even if King's Lynn won by 10 or 12 tonight, I still wouldn't write Belle Vue off at King's Lynn.

Play-Offs can often lead to an upset.

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Even if King's Lynn won by 10 or 12 tonight, I still wouldn't write Belle Vue off at King's Lynn.

Play-Offs can often lead to an upset.

True but you would fancy your chances wouldn't you, Poole drew at Belle Vue a few years and nearly got turned over at home so you have to be on your guard not to let it slip or be over confident but in reality if you got a draw or better you would have to be very happy with that.

Play offs can throw anything up.

Massive, massive advantage for Lynn though.

I'd go Worrall/Fricke/Bellego/Tungate for Craig's rides.

Steve seems to be starting meetings better than hes finishing them currently. Hopefully if Rohan is on it then heat 13 wont be so bad.

Huge underdogs now. Hopefully that will spur on the boys.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Massive blow for Belle Vue, takes the shine off the tie a bit unfortunately. Lynn need to be cashing in big time tonight.

We would all like 2 full teams may the best team win kind of thing. While it is a blow, no doubt about it. I'm not playing down Lynn's chances, or bigging up BV's. Just as I see it....I know you can't replace those 2,.

BV will need to be on it, but last time out the Aces beat the Rebels 50-40. In that meeting RR got 8 for Dan and Cookie got 13 from 5....And the quest reserve JBA scored 0.....That's 21 points from those 3. 

If you take the 50-40 win when....

Craig 13 from 5 (10.5 ave for 4 rides)

RR for Dan 8 from 4

JBA at reserve 0 from 3

That's 21 from those 3.

If tonight...

RR for Cookie 8 from 4.....

Bellego 7 from 4..... A point down from what RR  got for Bewley.. Bellego's last 2 meetings at BV got 8 and 11 from 5 rides.

Jye 7 ( he scored 7 from 3 completed rides in his last meeting at the NSS)  JB Andersen scored 0 in the win over the Rebels.

That's 22 points for them 3.

All is not lost for BV.

Edited by Bald Bloke

What we will loose from Craig's rides we will gain from bellego Instead of R/R. 

I'm fairly confident of a win. Lynn have not faced us with a scoring reserve yet. Berge as been terrific and jye should beat simon Lambert. 

We need to take advantagebwhen NKI and Lambert are not out and stop 1-5s against in heat 13 and 15 which I centre Lynn doing again

Absolutely, Belle Vue are on their own circuit tonight and if all six of their riders turn up they could win the meeting comfortably and take a decent lead into next week. However as the team who finished top we should be looking to go there tonight with two of their best riders missing and killing the tie off or at least coming away with a small lead. And that is not underestimating Belle Vue at all.

(to Bald Bloke)

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Think about it.....

Yes, got there. A bit slow this morning. My apologies...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

What we will loose from Craig's rides we will gain from bellego Instead of R/R. 

I'm fairly confident of a win. Lynn have not faced us with a scoring reserve yet. Berge as been terrific and jye should beat simon Lambert. 

We need to take advantagebwhen NKI and Lambert are not out and stop 1-5s against in heat 13 and 15 which I centre Lynn doing again

R/R for Bewley scored 8+1 last week so Bellego has to score more then that to gain.

54 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Absolutely, Belle Vue are on their own circuit tonight and if all six of their riders turn up they could win the meeting comfortably and take a decent lead into next week. However as the team who finished top we should be looking to go there tonight with two of their best riders missing and killing the tie off or at least coming away with a small lead. And that is not underestimating Belle Vue at all.

(to Bald Bloke)

As I said on another topic, you won't have a better chance. If every Belle Vue rider rides to their current home average we could score 50. Unfortunately, it's rare that every rider achieves that on the same night, those averages include points scored against teams much weaker than the Stars and the NSS is a track where King's Lynn have done particularly well.

Even so, I'm not giving up hope. One or two Stars riders could have a poor night and one or two Aces could have above average nights, that's the beauty of speedway but the odds are stacked against us.

I hope lots of Lynn fans have made the journey, that the racing lives up to expectations, that there are no injuries and that the best team on the night wins.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 3

Tonight its a double meeting on BT TV. 5:30 to 7:30 is a replay of the BV v Somerset meeting followed by live BV v Kings Lynn 7:30 till finish.