British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

Allitt does come across as extremely smug. But he should be tonight, as his team romped it. Lemon saying it’s not over yet is bravado but frankly Mission Impossible: No Chance.

It is rotten luck for BV but even if Cook had been fit to ride I doubt they would have had any lead. Probably only 2 or 4 down. Bringing in Riss to push Toft to reserve has turned them into Champions elect. Can’t really see how they can be beaten and will win it comfortably. Only Doyle out of Somerset and Poole has the firepower to beat Lambert and Iversen. And neither club has anyone who can beat Toft on that form.

It would take a monumental team effort to beat Kings Lynn over two legs.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

The result wasnt a suprise to me Steve, as i said in an earlier post. But, i will say one thing, no make that 2. I feel sorry for BV in picking up those injuries when you least need them. And Allit as a team manager getting involved in handbags. As a manager, you are there to set an example, he let himself down reguardless of the end result and the apology.

the result wasn't a surprise to anyone, the only surprise was that BV managed to get a 10 point lead.  He may have let himself down but his team certainly didn't let him down.

Just now, geoff100 said:

So why wasnt he allowed ?

3 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Checking the averages in the "ss" he is 5th so that might explain !

But was he one of the top 5 scorers- including bonus points- programmed rides only ??

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

the result wasn't a surprise to anyone, the only surprise was that BV managed to get a 10 point lead.  He may have let himself down but his team certainly didn't let him down.

Do i really need to write things word for word to cover everything. No, no team should throw away a 10 point lead.. better..

Edited by Starman2006

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Poor from the Lynn manager to get involved.  He should set the example.  

Absolutely disgusting. His whole demeanor just came across like he won a cereal box competition to manage his favourite team. Smug isn't the word.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, racers and royals said:

But was he one of the top 5 scorers- including bonus points- programmed rides only ??

That is what Lemon said.   Replacement rides do not count, which makes sence

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No point in BT going to Lynn next week. May as well have the full production at Wimborne Road.

Shows why Lynn are massive favourites for the title. Big top 2 and a free scoring reserve. No hope for any of the other teams.

I wouldn't say massive. Lynn's top 2 scored 17 between them from 10 rides, and only 2 heat wins... I believe NKI's ave is just higher than Brady's. And if you look at MPT's scores since he dropped down, they ain't been great, deffo wouldn't say a "free scoring reserve" hence why he remains at reserve when the new averages come out.

He did have a stonker tonight though.

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He must have been a top 5 scorer- Worrall scored 4 and berge only got 3 and they only had 6 riders- so i can only assume ref cocked up by not knowing the rule "B"

BV have got a cracking track. Their problem is others love it as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

That is what Lemon said.   Replacement rides do not count, which makes sence

But taking away his r/r he still is in top 5 scores ?

Just now, geoff100 said:

But taking away his r/r he still is in top 5 scores ?

I'm not the ref.    Rules are far too complicated for me.

• Like 1

Another Belle Vue play off choke ….now to do what they do best ..play the victim 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Do i really need to write things word for word to cover everything. No, no team should throw away a 10 point lead.. better..

Rather you didn't Thanks.