British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

Congratulations KL, the best team won on the night. When the visiting reserve scores eighteen, then more often than not they will win wherever they go. It is a pity BV ran out of steam in the second half of the meeting.

3 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

David Bellego as guest was a foolish move, he's been average at best all season.

In his last 2 meetings at the NSS he has scored 8 and 11 both from 5. I thought he could chip in a few more, maybe 7 points.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

In his last 2 meetings at the NSS he has scored 8 and 11 both from 5. I thought he could chip in a few more, maybe 7 points.

That sums up Bellego, unpredictable = Dangerous for the wrong reasons

Strange meeting,    BV started off well, winning most of the races, but it was only a matter of time before the Stars got on the pace.   MPT was a revelation, but he always goes well at the NSS.   Heat 9 proved massive and was the critical turning point.  From then on the confidence went sky-high.   All that was needed was to someone to beat Fricke who had reigned supreme early on.   Once Robert and Niels got dialled in there was only ever going to be one winner. 

Felt Sorry for BV.  If any team were to lose their best 2 riders,  they would all suffer.       They were already up against it losing Bewley, but then lose your best rider on Saturday makes the task impossible....   

• Thanks 1

I see we got 9 points from Craig & Dans rides. Ouch. 

Great effort from the battered and bruised Aces. 

Can we carry our luck bank over to next year or does it reset at the end of the season like normal. lol 

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He must have been a top 5 scorer- Worrall scored 4 and berge only got 3 and they only had 6 riders- so i can only assume ref cocked up by not knowing the rule "B"

Just been checking the supp regs sr 1803 20th March

ART 15.14 TOP SCORERS HEAT (Heat 15 in all 3 Leagues) 15.14.3 b) Any Rider in the 1 – 5 by MA can be nominated for Heat 15. In addition, a reserve (6th and 7th by MA) who is in the top 3 points scorers from their programmed rides is also eligible, subject to them not already having taken 7 rides.

38 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No point in BT going to Lynn next week. May as well have the full production at Wimborne Road.

Shows why Lynn are massive favourites for the title. Big top 2 and a free scoring reserve. No hope for any of the other teams.

:lol:

Job well done tonight in the end, all season this Lynn team has kept its head and not panicked when making a bad start to a meeting so was never overly worried tonight, especially with Belle Vue’s misfortune injury wise. The task is only half completed though and anything can happen in the second leg so fingers crossed for a smooth and incident free passage through to the final next Monday.

1 minute ago, ouch said:

I see we got 9 points from Craig & Dans rides. Ouch. 

Great effort from the battered and bruised Aces. 

Can we carry our luck bank over to next year or does it reset at the end of the season like normal. lol 

Yup we all start at 0-0. But hey, you havnt lost yet. Granted it looks a formality to Lynn, but you have nothing to lose and everything to gain, and thats how your boys have to look at it. Although Foreverblue wont agree with me..

2 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Felt Sorry for BV.  If any team were to lose their best 2 riders,  they would all suffer.       They were already up against it losing Bewley, but then lose your best rider on Saturday makes the task impossible....   

Teams lose riders when it really matters. Two season ago Poole lost Andersen when it mattered. Last year Wolverhampton lost their top two for the final. This year It’s Belle Vues turn.

It’s a dangerous sport and the risk of injury is high. Rotten luck on BV as it was for Wolves as it was for Poole.

Kings Lynn look unstoppable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

:lol:

Job well done tonight in the end, all season this Lynn team has kept its head and not panicked when making a bad start to a meeting so was never overly worried tonight, especially with Belle Vue’s misfortune injury wise. The task is only half completed though and anything can happen in the second leg so fingers crossed for a smooth and incident free passage through to the final next Monday.

You are 8 points up going into the second leg. At home. I think you can start to celebrate making the final. It won’t come back to bite you on the jacksy.

Dale alliot got every decision and switch spot on today imo so credit to ghim there but when you need two huge rides in heats 13 and 15 enter MR LAMBERT   

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well done Lynn. 2 feet in the final. Deserved place

Allit what a twit, etheridge had no right to moan but what Allit did was disgraceful. It was simply words between mechanic and rider but he waged in grabbed James by the throat and launched him into fence. Then he was twerping on till after heat 15 arguing with people. 

Except for fricke and etheridge that was embarrassing. Clear out needed 

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Well done Lynn. 2 feet in the final. Deserved place

Allit what a twit, etheridge had no right to moan but what Allit did was disgraceful. It was simply words between mechanic and rider but he waged in grabbed James by the frost and launched him into fence. Then he was twerping on till after heat 15 arguing with people. 

Except for fricke and etheridge that was embarrassing. Clear out needed 

Fair Play to you phil the ace probably spot on with everything you say there bud ..

I said as soon as Bellego was announced bad choice and that's how it turned out very poor, Berge too who was brought in for his home form never turned up, I predicted an away win but to go from 10 up to an 8 point defeat was a total capitulation. I agree with Phil The Ace a total clearout is needed the nucleus of this side have failed at the business end of every season, also not impressed with lemon overall as some of his decisions over the season leave a lot to be desired. Fricke and Etheridge the two who can hold their heads up to be fair Tungate did put in some effort though. It could have been worse Lambert and NKI could have got dialled in from the start. Congratulations to the Stars best of luck in the final, next week is now a dead rubber, might as well concentrate on the Poole v Somerset meeting.

• Like 2