British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

I agree to point Baggy, but I think it’s got to the stage of. ‘ some  people are on the pitch, they think it’s all over’

You can fill in the rest around heat 11 on Monday

Edited by semion

what a cracking team Kings Lynn have, very strong and entertaining.

Palm Toft just looked class all night.

R Lambert just oozes class and sublime in heats 13 and 15.

Kings Lynns team manger should be applauded for trying to keep people apart.

Belle Vue's track should be on the GP calendar, easily the best track in terms of racing and excitement in the UK.

• Like 4

As a neutral I can say there is absolutely no chance of Belle Vue making it through to the final. It’s called a foregone conclusion, meaning “a result that can be predicted with certainty”.

Belle Vue fought well but once the Lynn riders got dialled in to the track there was only one team in it. Even if Cook declares himself fit to ride it won’t make any difference.

I am reading some Lynn fans not wanting to count their chickens before they have hatched but really, they surely have to believe the job is done?

Who ever rides king's Lynn in the final if they get there of course it will be hard when you got a rider at reserve who can score 18+1 from 7 rides just an opinion 

Delighted to come away with any sort of lead after the first 7 heats. It would be a collapse of the highest order if we cock this up.

Enjoyed my first trip to the NSS, great track  and facilities (had a meal in the Peter Craven Suite before the meeting). 

MPT really was the saviour last night. One of the best thing about this Stars side is that someone always steps up when the chips are down. Much more character, resilience and bottle in this side compared to last season.

Don’t think we’ve had a meeting when all 7 have really clicked at the same time yet. Would be good if that happened a couple of times over the next month.

Also nice to go to a meeting with a bit of an atmosphere though a few peaked to soon with the “easy easy” chants early on.

Plenty of stick for Lambert which he answered in perfect style in 13 & 15. All good fun though.

Roll on Monday!

• Like 2

Coventry won it in 2010 by the same way with Shamek smashing in similar scores.

• Like 1

Just because MPT scored a hatful last night doesn’t mean he would necessarily do the same at Somerset or Poole.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ray c said:

Who ever rides king's Lynn in the final if they get there of course it will be hard when you got a rider at reserve who can score 18+1 from 7 rides just an opinion 

But if Poole get there PalmToft got 4 at Poole , while Poole reserves racked up 18 and were only beaten by Lambert and Iversen once.

Pooles reserves are stronger than Kings Lynns whichever way you look at it

4 minutes ago, Gavan said:

But if Poole get there PalmToft got 4 at Poole , while Poole reserves racked up 18 and were only beaten by Lambert and Iversen once.

Correct 

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You have to forget that meeting  and the more recent  one at AFA.   Them  meetings  mean nothing  to what can be expected if these  two teams meet in the final.    You can rest assured   both teams will be applying more ability and desire to win a  play-off final.     No doubt both teams will be giving it their all and whoever wins will be after a closely fought encounter  separated by only a few points.          Them who think it will be anything else  are kidding themselves...….    

46 minutes ago, Odds On said:

what a cracking team Kings Lynn have, very strong and entertaining.

Palm Toft just looked class all night.

R Lambert just oozes class and sublime in heats 13 and 15.

Kings Lynns team manger should be applauded for trying to keep people apart.

Belle Vue's track should be on the GP calendar, easily the best track in terms of racing and excitement in the UK.

Interesting how we see things different ways, I thought the team manager got involved where he shouldn't have done & inflamed the situation, which had pretty well calmed down anyway!

15 minutes ago, g13webb said:

You have to forget that meeting  and the more recent  one at AFA.   Them  meetings  mean nothing  to what can be expected if these  two teams meet in the final.    You can rest assured   both teams will be applying more ability and desire to win a  play-off final.     No doubt both teams will be giving it their all and whoever wins will be after a closely fought encounter  separated by only a few points.          Them who think it will be anything else  are kidding themselves...….    

Ok we can forget those meetings then

When Poole went to Lynn and lost by 2 PalmToft  got 5

Worrall top scored last time for Poole at Lynn as a heat leader..... he is now at reserve.

Poole fans on here going overboard a bit I think.

Over the 2 meetings I would expect the Poole reserves to hugely outscore King’s Lynns. Lambert has had 10 rides at Poole and scored 1 point!

Poole and Lynn have been built differently, Poole rely on a big hitting reserve and 5 riders if similar average , while Lynn have the strong top 5.

If Pooles top two keep Lambert and NKI scores down then Poole will win 

As I didn't see the match last night I am interested to know what caused the handbag session 

56 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Just because MPT scored a hatful last night doesn’t mean he would necessarily do the same at Somerset or Poole.

Agreed - or Peterborough where he only scored 7+2 Sunday evening