British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

7 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

As I didn't see the match last night I am interested to know what caused the handbag session 

Belle vue rider being a very bad loser.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Thing is this is speedway, anything can happen. We could suffer a couple of injuries on the night next Monday or a spate of engine problems, you just never know. Unlikely as it is that we will not now go through it’s not done til it’s done and everyone will stay calm and focussed until 91 points have been scored.

I think your just doing the usual thing we all do and not counting your chickens but in reality you have absolutely no chance of losing at home let alone by more than 8 points. Even if you lost two riders and one of them was MPT you would still lose by less than 8.

4 minutes ago, maneacat said:

Agreed - or Peterborough where he only scored 7+2 Sunday evening 

He doesn't need to get a max with your team!.

Last night was the result I and every Aces supporter I spoke to at the stadium expected in our weakened state. King's Lynn are a good team and worked hard for a deserved victory. I won't write off our chances yet but it is a virtual mountain to climb and plainly the odds are very much against us. The 1-5, or 1-4 for the Aces, of both teams arguably underperformed, they scored 29-27 in favour of the Aces. The difference was Palm-Toft who, not for the first time at the NSS, was brilliant. However, those who seem to think that he will ride like that in every meeting need to look at his average. He might but equally he might score 4, it's the nature of the type of rider he is but he is a pleasure to watch when he is riding as he did last night and one of those riders who never gives up. 

I was in the Grandstand so saw the incident after heat 13 from the opposite side to the TV coverage. I didn't think that Jorgensen did anything too bad, hard but fair is I think the usual description. There was a bit of arm waving and wheel sliding on the way to the pits but to me it appeared that Simon Lambert was the cause of what followed. He went up to Etheridge in what appeared to be a threatening manner and then the KL team manager went up and attacked the mechanic. Maybe things were said which caused him to react, I don't know. I can understand riders reacting in the heat of the moment but team managers have no excuse.

Some BV fans are being ridiculous and calling for wholesale team changes. They need to look at how riders have performed over the season, take account of injuries, see what the format is next year, look at individual rider averages and make considered suggestions.

It's not over yet but we have done well to get so far considering Worrall and Bewley's injuries and, last night, losing Cook. With hindsight we might have done better with a guest for Cook and r/r for Bewley but it's water under the bridge.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

As I didn't see the match last night I am interested to know what caused the handbag session 

You would have to ask Jye because there was nothing to obvious just abit of hard but fair riding from an opponent,when you see Jye 1st bend move on Riss it was just as hard but Riss got round him.Heat of the moment stuff.Mechanics and hangers on cause most of the problems these days,they need a ban IMO 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ok we can forget those meetings then

When Poole went to Lynn and lost by 2 PalmToft  got 5

Worrall top scored last time for Poole at Lynn as a heat leader..... he is now at reserve.

Poole fans on here going overboard a bit I think.

Over the 2 meetings I would expect the Poole reserves to hugely outscore King’s Lynns. Lambert has had 10 rides at Poole and scored 1 point!

Poole and Lynn have been built differently, Poole rely on a big hitting reserve and 5 riders if similar average , while Lynn have the strong top 5.

If Pooles top two keep Lambert and NKI scores down then Poole will win 

I wouldn't expect Kings Lynn reserves to outscore Poole reserves overall as Simon Lambert is pretty rubbish at Poole but MPT is riding much better than he was and is the in form rider whereas  Worrall has been poor lately and Freddie blows hot and cold. I think if we make the final it will be very close.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Ok we can forget those meetings then

When Poole went to Lynn and lost by 2 PalmToft  got 5

Worrall top scored last time for Poole at Lynn as a heat leader..... he is now at reserve.

Poole fans on here going overboard a bit I think.

Over the 2 meetings I would expect the Poole reserves to hugely outscore King’s Lynns. Lambert has had 10 rides at Poole and scored 1 point!

Poole and Lynn have been built differently, Poole rely on a big hitting reserve and 5 riders if similar average , while Lynn have the strong top 5.

If Pooles top two keep Lambert and NKI scores down then Poole will win 

As a Witches fan, it must be horrible to see Lynn doing well.    In every match,  there are many Ifs and maybe's.    I am well aware if you pick out specifics score you can get a any predicted outcome,   but the facts remain, we finished top of the league, scoring 10pts more than most,  and that included scoring the most points away from home than any other.    I am well aware of other teams strengths   and weaknesses    and feel quietly confident that whoever we meet  we can give a good account of ourselves....       Win or lose.....:t:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You would have to ask Jye because there was nothing to obvious just abit of hard but fair riding from an opponent,when you see Jye 1st bend move on Riss it was just as hard but Riss got round him.Heat of the moment stuff.Mechanics and hangers on cause most of the problems these days,they need a ban IMO 

I totally agree and should not be allowed anywhere near the track after the race, what Summers was doing there I have no idea but he wasn't helping much.

11 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Just been checking the supp regs sr 1803 20th March

ART 15.14 TOP SCORERS HEAT (Heat 15 in all 3 Leagues) 15.14.3 b) Any Rider in the 1 – 5 by MA can be nominated for Heat 15. In addition, a reserve (6th and 7th by MA) who is in the top 3 points scorers from their programmed rides is also eligible, subject to them not already having taken 7 rides.

And why on earth isn’t it any two riders of the team managers choice, subject to them not already having taken 7 rides or is that just too easy.

• Like 5

Well done Kings lynn.

But if we are all honest did anyone really expect anything different.Well done to my injury hit Belle vue team(and I still include Worrall nowhere near the rider he was yet)for giving us a little hope of a shock result for half the meeting.A big thank you to Jye for a good performance for the team that sacked you 

Would now love to see Kings lynn go on to win there long awaited top league title(for the fans not so much for their management).

P S There is room in my 2019 Belle vue team for a return of M P Toft great performance.

8 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

And why on earth isn’t it any two riders of the team managers choice, subject to them not already having taken 7 rides or is that just too easy.

Surely Willie Dishington and Mark Lemon know the rules !!!!!( i see that the refs programme has not appeared on the BSPA website yet !!) Steve Worrall was plainly eligible for heat 15- even under the rule before the supp reg was issued he was eligible. I`m sure a certain team manager from the past would have neatly stuck the supp reg in his rule book and cross referenced to the relevant page and rule.;) 

Edited by racers and royals

28 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He doesn't need to get a max with your team!.

No hasn’t been but would be nice - could be crucial from now on if the rumours surrounding BWD are correct and I have reason to believe they are.

14 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

It's just too easy, you are right! UK speedway needs a big fat rulebook in order to drive away more existing fans.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

Thank you all, makes a bit more sense now

39 minutes ago, Rickyb said:

Too much adrenaline really. Jye had ridden his heart out, knew how much each point meant and saw hard riding as unfair (which it wasn't). All added to the entertainment but once again too many hangers on from the pits got involved. If they have to be there, and I'm not convinced many of them do, they should be fined if they set one foot on the track.

Feel sorry for Belle Vue, there injuries have come at the worst time but I think every team have been there .

Well done to the Stars, did what they were expected to do and next Monday should be a formality (hope so as I'm on holibobs again )

• Like 1