British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

15 minutes ago, g13webb said:

As a Witches fan, it must be horrible to see Lynn doing well.    In every match,  there are many Ifs and maybe's.    I am well aware if you pick out specifics score you can get a any predicted outcome,   but the facts remain, we finished top of the league, scoring 10pts more than most,  and that included scoring the most points away from home than any other.    I am well aware of other teams strengths   and weaknesses    and feel quietly confident that whoever we meet  we can give a good account of ourselves....       Win or lose.....:t:

Far from it mate we used to follow Mark Loram so spent many a Saturday night at Lynn and would love them to win the league. Always remember Marks first meeting at home v Reading. He either scored 17 out of 18 or 20 out of 21 from number 7 and the only person to beat him was Readings reserve.....Todd Wiltshire!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maneacat said:

No hasn’t been but would be nice - could be crucial from now on if the rumours surrounding BWD are correct and I have reason to believe they are.

what rumours are they?

2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

what rumours are they?

Various - see the Lakeside V Peterborough thread in Championship section.  

30 minutes ago, B.V 72 said:

P S There is room in my 2019 Belle vue team for a return of M P Toft great performance.

Not going to happen, already signed with KL :unsure:

1 hour ago, Odds On said:

what a cracking team Kings Lynn have, very strong and entertaining.

Palm Toft just looked class all night.

R Lambert just oozes class and sublime in heats 13 and 15.

Kings Lynns team manger should be applauded for trying to keep people apart.

Belle Vue's track should be on the GP calendar, easily the best track in terms of racing and excitement in the UK.

Like I said last night Dale Allitt was the aggressor in it all and should be ashamed of his actions.

Etheridge wasn’t too happy with Jorgensen (who did nothing wrong in my view) but it was only a bit of finger pointing and they were 2 metres away from each other.

Jorgensen then pulled right in front of Etheridge as they came to a stop, Dale Allitt and Simon Lambert then aggressively got right in Etheridge face, Etheridge mechanic was stood behind them and said something and Allitt turned round and grabbed him by the top and pushed him until he was pinned against the fence like he was a night club bouncer.

Aaron Summers there for some reason then pushed Allitt and Allitt nearly fell on his backside.

F148194B-6A46-4050-BAD1-48C277719F90.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Like I said last night Dale Allitt was the aggressor in it all and should be ashamed of his actions.

Etheridge wasn’t too happy with Jorgensen (who did nothing wrong in my view) but it was only a bit of finger pointing and they were 2 metres away from each other.

Jorgensen then pulled right in front of Etheridge as they came to a stop, Dale Allitt and Simon Lambert then aggressively got right in Etheridge face, Etheridge mechanic was stood behind them and said something and Allitt turned round and grabbed him by the top and pushed him until he was pinned against the fence like he was a night club bouncer.

Aaron Summers there for some reason then pushed Allitt and Allitt nearly fell on his backside.

F148194B-6A46-4050-BAD1-48C277719F90.jpeg

Summers looked to be spannering, or at least helping out in Etheridge's pit bay during the meeting, I assume that's why he got involved, wrongly so.

Allitt did apologise for his actions during the post-match interview but later tweeted that he was just "looking out for my boys".  As previously pointed out it did appear that Simon Lambert was the first to stoke it up once the riders had pulled to a halt near the pit gate, then it just snowballed.

Allitt was lucky to stay on his feet when Summers gave him a shove, no doubt it would have escalated even further if he'd gone over, weebles wobble but they don't fall down.

• Haha 1

It was good to see that a good number of King's Lynn fans had made the long journey and seemed to be enjoying themselves. I was also pleased that I didn't hear any cheers in the Grandstand when Proctor fell in heat 7 and when he got up he was clapped all the way back to the pits.

One point of clarification. The idiot who left a car blocking in the ambulance wasn't anybody in the stadium. It was someone in the Basketball hall.

• Like 1

To me it looked like Dale was trying to diffuse a situation which he thought was going to occur but hadn’t really got started and instead it made things worse.

All a bit of a storm in a teacup really, he apologised and that should be that. Emotions run high in important meetings and I’m sure Etheridge will look on it this morning and feel a bit silly for his actions too. Not really worth people getting their knickers in a twist over IMO.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

To me it looked like Dale was trying to diffuse a situation which he thought was going to occur but hadn’t really got started and instead it made things worse.

All a bit of a storm in a teacup really, he apologised and that should be that. Emotions run high in important meetings and I’m sure Etheridge will look on it this morning and feel a bit silly for his actions too. Not really worth people getting their knickers in a twist over IMO.

:D

2 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

I didn't hear cheering in the stadium but I was going to wait until I'd watched the recording just in case any sick cheering came across like it does everytime from the scum at the horror track.

Comparing Aces fans to scum fans is another troll we can, for the time being at least, firmly put to bed.

There was one plank calling Ty a 'cheat' in the South Stand - implying that he should have cleared the track as the Aces were on another 5-1 when Ty crashed. There's always one - we have idiots at our place too!

Come to think of it, wonder if it was the same guy who started the 'Easy Easy Easy' chant when the Aces went 10 clear?!?

The Aces fans on the backstraight were good fun IMO, as was the mascot Chase. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

One point of clarification. The idiot who left a car blocking in the ambulance wasn't anybody in the stadium. It was someone in the Basketball hall.

Sounds like someone did well to get an announcement into the basket ball hall..... could have been a very long delay waiting for a speedway supporter to clear it.

Yes agree was good to see a lot of KL supporters. Sure the happy with the result after a long journey from KL.

Looking at the crowd in the main stand (TV cameras focused on them) speedway in the UK is in for a very bumpy ride (as if we didn't know it) in as much most of the spectators were in the age of "concessions". Sure there were younger ones as well but MOST looked concession spectators. Youngsters are definitely need and unless this is addressed, and soon, speedway will be as dead as a dodo.

Is it worth getting a petition going, or individuals write to BBC Sport, ITV sport, to let them know that in 10 days time GB could have a 3 times world speedway champion and this is something to shout about.  Are both main sports offices (BBC and ITV) based in Salford Quays - does anyone know?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

:D

Seriously. Yes he made the situation worse, yes he made himself look silly on TV and yes he was right to apologise but I don’t believe he got involved to ignite things. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Sounds like someone did well to get an announcement into the basket ball hall..... could have been a very long delay waiting for a speedway supporter to clear it.

It was a good job it was somebody in the stadium at all... What if it had been a disgruntled resident or cinema goer? You have to wonder what the steward's were doing while he parked up in front of the gates!

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Looking at the crowd in the main stand (TV cameras focused on them) speedway in the UK is in for a very bumpy ride (as if we didn't know it) in as much most of the spectators were in the age of "concessions". Sure there were younger ones as well but MOST looked concession spectators. Youngsters are definitely need and unless this is addressed, and soon, speedway will be as dead as a dodo.

It's always amazed me the ages of the competitors and the viewers in speedway is so wide... Is there any other "sport" with such a gap?