British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

25 minutes ago, sparks123 said:

Does that not have to be balanced out by the fact Jye scored more last night than the replacement scored in 5 meetings at Belle Vue since he was sacked (9 compared to something like 6+1).:cheers:

Are you referring to the injured Mark Riss?

5 minutes ago, ouch said:

Is he injured? Or was he injured,he just packed for Ipswich.!

12 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

You had better hold fire until they announce the admission prices :)

£20 minimum is my guess could even be as high as £25 

1 minute ago, Haza said:

If we make the final (It's never a forgone conclusion) it would depend on the result in the first leg away from home. We've recently been heavily thrashed at Poole and Somerset. If they're charging £20+ the place will be empty for the 2nd leg.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Yes!    Rye House did it at Berwick a few years back -- that's the one I think of, off the top of my head -- and I'm sure there are other instances.

Having said that, KL would have to have a pretty spectacular collapse........................

Can't remember it ever happening in top league speedway though.

11 minutes ago, Haza said:

I've heard similar things to this.I think £20 is reasonable,but £25 totally unreasonable.

23 minutes ago, tellboy said:

As regards the plank,he wasn't nice at all was he.Think he had too many beers and probably the one smoking weed which you could smell quite clearly wafting our way.He seemed quite an aggressive person too and said some unpleasant things about the Lynn fans.But as you said it was only the one person and you get them everywhere.He actually left before ht 15.A Belle Vue fan we chatted to actually said the plank hardly ever goes and when he does he is always the same.

Got to agree re all the Aces fans bar one were good fun,and you could chat with any of them.And are in the same opinion as me,anyone bar Poole:D.

To be fair a Wolves fan warned us earlier in the thread that one or two of these types would show up last night. No doubt he intentionally positioned himself next to the away supporters!

50 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

doyle crashed at Belle Vue the other week which clinched Belle Vue's place in the league cup semi, no cheer. How much does a team need to 'gain' from a crash before the collective cheer is loud enough to be heard over the microphones?

Apart from it didn't clinch the meeting as Belle Vue  would have got a 3-3 anyway.

53 minutes ago, ouch said:

Although he isn't injured just had a few crashes that have affected his confidence.

34 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I've heard similar things to this.I think £20 is reasonable,but £25 totally unreasonable.

If we get there, and that's an IF, why on earth should it be acceptable to increase the ticket prices?! 

What a massive two fingers up to the loyal long suffering fans that would be! And for what? a couple of grand more? give me a break.

• Like 1

Ticket prices are always increased for the final .i thought the bspa imposed the increase not the club may be wrong of course 

5 minutes ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

If we get there, and that's an IF, why on earth should it be acceptable to increase the ticket prices?! 

What a massive two fingers up to the loyal long suffering fans that would be! And for what? a couple of grand more? give me a break.

All depends on what happens in the 1st leg of the final as to whether the admission price is worth it. If King's Lynn get beat by 25+ in the 1st leg, it wouldn't matter what the price is, people won't go. Keep the score within 10 and many may feel the admission prices are irrelevant. Seeing the first ever time the Stars win the top flight league title is worth far more than money.

Racing wise that was worse one of the season. 

Out on a whimper 

1 hour ago, pointsmeanplayoffs said:

I would think you would find ticket prices are increased for any final in any sport.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Although he isn't injured just had a few crashes that have affected his confidence.

He was carrying an injury hence the reason he packed it on for the season.