British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

1 hour ago, GregoryM said:

Exactly. In the Super League play-off semis the best seats in the house at Wigan & St Helens are around £25. In the final at Old Trafford the best seats are £85 !!

Yes but they can sell 'em.

1 hour ago, g13webb said:

How much could that be proportioned to the state of the track??   I think the slick track and afternoon practice was with the intention to upset the Stars riders, bearing in mind how they enjoyed  their previous 2 visits, when there was plenty of grip.     But as the evening wore on the Stars sorted out their bikes,  got dialled in and were equal to the conditions.   Even though the track was not of the normal standard it was still better than anything else we had raced on this year providing plenty of racing lines, and close racing.....

There's no denying  the fast outside lines and once a top rider  hits that outside  he will take some catching.       

If I lived near the NSS,  I would be going to every single meeting.    Cant believe the low figures issued by the club.     Many times I went to a packed house at Hyde Road,   as good as we thought it was,   the track could never be compared with that at the NSS...….

Contrary to what some think the NSS is prepared to be slick as that produces the best racing. In so far as I understand it, the difference last night was that it was colder than expected and the usual watering during the meeting, which helps develop the racing lines, couldn't be carried out because moisture was rising to the surface. It was therefore slicker then usual but that caught out the Aces as much as the Stars.

As for the afternoon practice that apparently consisted of Steve Worrall and Kyle Bickley. I don't know Dale Allit but he seemed to have a bee in his bonnet that something untoward had been done. I am confident that Fricke,Tungate and Berge, who are racers who gain lots of points from the back at the NSS, would probably have scored more points if the track had been as it usually is.

27 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Full respect for Jye to help the club that binned him.

As for his ‘safety’, he rides a bike with no breaks and gears. He was out of order, he shouldn’t be making excuses.

Whatever, Jye thought was no excuse but he is in good company when wrongly feeling hard done by, Woffinden's recent reaction to Pedersen springs to mind. It's what can happen during the heat of the moment when they're racing and most of us understand that. The real problem, for which there is no excuse at all, was the reaction of Simon Lambert and Allit who escalated a handbag situation and in Allit's case felt it necessary to resort to grabbing and pushing a mechanic against the fence. Officials in particular have a responsibility to try to prevent such problems, not cause them.

However, none of that should detract in any way from Lynn's fully deserved victory. 

Funnily enough Pedersen was much harder on Lindgren in the same race but Lindgren just cut back up the inside and Lindgren didn't say anything after the race. Jorgensen in fairness didn't move off line as much as Pedersen and really don't know what it was all about really, bit like when Emil had a go at Scott Nicholls at Cardiff once.

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Compared to what is on offer at King's Lynn every week, last night would have been the best meeting of the season to Stars fans that don't have access to TV meetings. Even though there has been far better meetings for Belle Vue fans, you are very spoilt and lucky with what you have on offer every week.

In recent separate conversations with a referee and someone working for Bt Sport... one said Belle Vue is the best track in the UK by a long way and the other described it as the best track in the world.

Yes we are so lucky to have the NSS track.

one point aside , when Ivan Mauger attended the Gorton Monastery meeting re the possibility of a new track, he spoke eloquently as expected but the one thing that stuck out was that he said” Whatever happens make sure you use good quality shale on the track”

some British promoters could do with heeding that advice

• Like 2

Maybe the mechanic should have just said, “you’re virtually in the final, keep your chins up”!!!

12 hours ago, foreverblue said:

How can they possibly come back from 8 down at home to winning by more than 8 away, Lemon knows it, all BV fans know it. Has any team overturned such a deficit having lost so heavily at home. 

Again, mis read my post. No suprise there..:icon_smile_clown:

3 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

Indeed, it only seemed to escalate when the 'moronic hanger on' (brum in full flow when he thought the fat bloke was from Belle Vue, lol!) got involved. Before that it was no more than a bit of finger waving.

Good comparison with the woofinden/pedersen incident, very similar move by pedersen but a much bigger teddy throwing reaction after it by the former Colt, typical Belle Vue, lol!

I also heard it was Worrall and Bickley. Hopefully the Bickley practice is with a view to him riding for us on Thursday and, after last nights result, next Monday as well. 

Bickley was due to be number 8 but wasn't allowed to be in the end.

59 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Again, mis read my post. No suprise there..:icon_smile_clown:

In what way did i misread your post? Not surprised you said that though!

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, GregoryM said:

Judging by what Jye said in the after match press conference his passion was more for his own safety rather than for Belle Vue, such was how he saw the move Jorgensen made against him.

Also Mark Lemon praised Jye in the press conference for taking the guest booking.

I like Jye improving all the time and has a good season for Berwick,but if he thinks TJ was hard on him he really needs to look athe videos of his moves coming out of the 2nd bend at Berwick during the season.Pot,Kettle and Black spring to mind.

22 hours ago, foamfence said:

Yes but they can sell 'em.

From an email I received from the RFL this week re: the SuperLeague Grand Final on 13th October, it seems that 10 of the 14 blocks priced at the top price of £85 have already sold out. The blocks at the next price down (£65) are completely sold out, and half of the third price category blocks at £50 are sold out.

This event must obviously appeal to 'neutral' Rugby League supporters, as the two semi-finals have yet to be played!! 

I suppose Old Trafford is fairly well situated geographically for a good number of rugby league supporters in the 'M62 corridor', but I wonder how many neutral speedway supporters would be attracted to travel to a one-off Grand Final, say at the NSS on a Saturday early evening between Poole and King's Lynn? And how many of the regular supporters of the participating clubs would be prepared to travel where - if speedway was to follow the SuperLeague -  the top price tickets would be up to 4 times the usual admission prices? A total non-starter I'd imagine though, if there was ever a one-off Final, the NSS would be the perfect TRACK to have it on.

6 hours ago, Fromafar said:

I like Jye improving all the time and has a good season for Berwick,but if he thinks TJ was hard on him he really needs to look athe videos of his moves coming out of the 2nd bend at Berwick during the season.Pot,Kettle and Black spring to mind.

Naturally every rider will react differently to different situations but, in varying degrees, I reckon you could say that for every rider that has ever sat upon a speedway bike. 

• Like 1

On 9/25/2018 at 4:10 PM, ray c said:

if mark riss says his season finished what can anybody do about 

If a rider does not have any medical certification, but simply decides he doesn't want to ride anymore, I suppose some kind of 'suspension' could be placed on him. If this was towards the end of the season (as has happened with Mark) then the suspension would be for the start of the new season - and might mean, of course, he wouldn't get a job initially. Would that then be considered too harsh a 'punishment' or not?

Also, should the club(s) that rider rides for be punished? Should it only have been a National League rider to a certain average that was allowed to replace him? As Mark made his decision when he did, neither Ipswich nor Belle Vue were allowed to sign a replacement and so the guest facility came into play.

The problem with guests is, of course, that it is done on a 'horses-for-courses' basis. There is an argument that says Jye's 9 points on Monday were more than Mark would have scored given their current form. Highly unlikely, but hypothetically, Belle Vue could have a guest at reserve in the 2nd Leg at Saddlebow Road that chalks up a dozen points or so in a shock 50-40 Aces win. So 21 points from two guests to edge the Aces to a 91-89 aggregate win. Given the remarks made on here and elsewhere about why Mark has finished his season early, would that then open more 'conspiracy' theories?

• Like 1

I’m with you, I think more injured riders should be made to race or as you say be banned. Steve Worrall is hobbling about but manages to ride whereas Mark, Dan and Craig just sit on their arses. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

Lol!

The so called pre-meeting practice the devious Aces arranged was actually a couple of laps with cameras strapped to the bikes for Granada Reports, who were filming an article about Dan Bewley which has just been shown on the telly.

The video was from press and practice last year 

What's devious about a practice anyway.