British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

16 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

What's devious about a practice anyway.  

Nothing at all. I hope Lynn do the same. Silly not to I guess.

• Like 2

If a team has access to their track to practice then good luck to them, don’t see the issue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SUPERACE said:

What's devious about a practice anyway.  

Absolutely nothing but some Aces fans got their knickers in a twist about the Stars potentially changing track conditions at home for a more home advantage. 

The Aces changed their track conditions and a bit of practice too so a little bit of hypocrisy 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Absolutely nothing but some Aces fans got their knickers in a twist about the Stars potentially changing track conditions at home for a more home advantage. 

The Aces changed their track conditions and a bit of practice too so a little bit of hypocrisy 

Not Aces fans, they only said a track should be prepared for good racing and it’s difficult/impossible to argue with that. 

• Like 1

Great night at NSS on Monday, did not start off too well, but second half was brilliant. Super performance from all the team, tactics spot on from the manager.Makes up for the disappointing 2017 season where a couple let us down.

Looking forward to Monday at the AFA. Let's get behind the Stars, they deserve it.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ouch said:

Not Aces fans, they only said a track should be prepared for good racing and it’s difficult/impossible to argue with that. 

Correct, and I agree from the neutral point of view.

So how come the Stars rider's struggled early on in the meeting saying the track was way slicker than normal. Aces fans saying Monday was one of the worst meeting of the season. 

Coincidentally the track was different on a Play-Off night hey.

It was total nonsense that the track was a little greasy because of cold conditions, the track was altered for home advantage which almost paid off.

So, if King's Lynn produce an ultra grippy surface to try and win the meeting by heat 9 it's swings and roundabouts. 

In the Play-Offs, doesn't matter which club, which track, which rider's, the end goal is winning. Doesn't matter how bad the racing is to promoters because finals bring punters in regardless.

What I'm not saying though is I agree with that but at the same time I understand why promoters 9/10 times choose that route of theory. 

All about the winning not the racing at this stage in the season.

4 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

You posted that "some Aces fans got their knickers in a twist about the Stars potentially changing track conditions at home", which is bollox (confirmed by the 'likes' from the two oddballs), you do realise that to accuse someone of being a hypocrite they do need to have done something hypocritical? 

It is now safe to assume that the one about the pissed up Aces fan smoking weed, the arthritic old dear calling us 'disgusting' and the one calling proctor a cheat, was all just made up trolling bollox as well.

The only insult that wasn't made up was the 'moronic hanger on', and it wasn't even a kl fan who posted that little gem and, as it turns out, it was about the bleedin kl manager, aha ha!

All it needs now is a kl fan claiming that someone was taking the piss out of Bewley in his wheelchair or having a go at the borderline grotesque appearance of the aforementioned 'moronic hanger on'! I know, that is a bit far fetched even for a kl fan, but a scum fan did accuse someone of making a sick remark about woofinden's dad at one meeting, some (usually scum) fans really will scrape the bottom of the cesspit to try and score a point.

Anyway, off you pop back under your stone again.

:rofl:

You are one horrendous troll

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Correct, and I agree from the neutral point of view.

So how come the Stars rider's struggled early on in the meeting saying the track was way slicker than normal. Aces fans saying Monday was one of the worst meeting of the season. 

Coincidentally the track was different on a Play-Off night hey.

It was total nonsense that the track was a little greasy because of cold conditions, the track was altered for home advantage which almost paid off.

So, if King's Lynn produce an ultra grippy surface to try and win the meeting by heat 9 it's swings and roundabouts. 

In the Play-Offs, doesn't matter which club, which track, which rider's, the end goal is winning. Doesn't matter how bad the racing is to promoters because finals bring punters in regardless.

What I'm not saying though is I agree with that but at the same time I understand why promoters 9/10 times choose that route of theory. 

All about the winning not the racing at this stage in the season.

So we doctored the track to gain an advantage but lost by eight. 

Now come on Boys let’s play nicely otherwise you might get your crayons taken away.

Edited by semion
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

sadly this daniel smith (and others, why?) has been making rubbisht up to then be able to troll the thread and when it is pointed out that his posts are crap lies he resorts to personal insults again. I think he has disappeared back under his stone again now though. Shame really.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes the plan backfired !

They diddnt doctor the track at all. They were just naive to to have a big practice a few hours before meeting meaning track prep wasn't it's usual self. 

We got lucky early on. That's all. That's why we built up a lead. 

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

They diddnt doctor the track at all. They were just naive to to have a big practice a few hours before meeting meaning track prep wasn't it's usual self. 

We got lucky early on. That's all. That's why we built up a lead. 

The track looked greasy early on like it was over watered  and because of the practice the home team had prior knowledge it was different than normal so maybe got lucky early and unlucky later on with Worrall's breakdown, well I say unlucky depending what was at fault , Lambert's first race failure was not unlucky though but he and NKI sorted it out later, they are a terrific pairing when on form. The whole team fought hard and proved they were the better team, Belle Vue would have done better with Cook riding apart from his first ride Bellego was a poor guest.

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

The track looked greasy early on like it was over watered  and because of the practice the home team had prior knowledge it was different than normal so maybe got lucky early and unlucky later on with Worrall's breakdown, well I say unlucky depending what was at fault , Lambert's first race failure was not unlucky though but he and NKI sorted it out later, they are a terrific pairing when on form. The whole team fought hard and proved they were the better team, Belle Vue would have done better with Cook riding apart from his first ride Bellego was a poor guest.

If Cook had rode and had to pull out after one ride due to his injury you would be hanging him out to dry, can't win with folk like you who think they have all the answers.  The reasons for the track issues were given on Monday evening, the temperature dropped considerably bringing moisture to the surface, I was out to work shortly after the meeting finished and, being outdoors, I needed gloves for the first time since April, haven't needed them the rest of the week though, Monday night was a cold one.

5 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

You posted that "some Aces fans got their knickers in a twist about the Stars potentially changing track conditions at home", which is bollox (confirmed by the 'likes' from the two oddballs), you do realise that to accuse someone of being a hypocrite they do need to have done something hypocritical? 

It is now safe to assume that the one about the pissed up Aces fan smoking weed, the arthritic old dear calling us 'disgusting' and the one calling proctor a cheat, was all just made up trolling bollox as well.

The only insult that wasn't made up was the 'moronic hanger on', and it wasn't even a kl fan who posted that little gem and, as it turns out, it was about the bleedin kl manager, aha ha!

All it needs now is a kl fan claiming that someone was taking the piss out of Bewley in his wheelchair or having a go at the borderline grotesque appearance of the aforementioned 'moronic hanger on'! I know, that is a bit far fetched even for a kl fan, but a scum fan did accuse someone of making a sick remark about woofinden's dad at one meeting, some (usually scum) fans really will scrape the bottom of the cesspit to try and score a point.

Anyway, off you pop back under your stone again.

What an earth are you going on about:blink:

• Like 3