British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

How can you compare anyone on here to SCB

I'm totally not bothered, Flange is a try hard, he makes me laugh anyway. 

Slightly changing tack. Ive just read the speedway star. How the hell has Alliit got the nerve to say he doesn't regret wading in the other night ? If it was me running your club he would be in my office and his feet wouldnt touch, he would be given a verbal warning. He is there as manager to set an example, not wade in with handbags. You dont see Neil Middleditch or Garry may doing it, they both have a different mentality and mindset. Yes its not Table Tennis as he put it taking a quote from Neil, but you have to show restraint and deal with the issue appropriately, not by wading in on the track in full view of the BT cameras watching public and fans who attended the meeting. His remarks in the Star do not justify his actions..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Did you approve of Craig Boyce thumping Gollob a few years back???

That was a far larger handbags at dawn!!!!

As a I’ve said before I think he got involved for the right reasons but ended up making things worse, I’m all for passion and defending your own riders but he went OTT. Haven’t read the article but I’d have thought he’d have been better off reiterating his apology and playing the whole thing down personally, perhaps there was other stuff going on behind the scenes on the night which we don’t know about which wound him up but he should have acted differently and been a bit calmer about it all. 

Notice I haven’t told you to go and find yourself a Poole thread starman :D :wink:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As a I’ve said before I think he got involved for the right reasons but ended up making things worse, I’m all for passion and defending your own riders but he went OTT. Haven’t read the article but I’d have thought he’d have been better off reiterating his apology and playing the whole thing down personally, perhaps there was other stuff going on behind the scenes on the night which we don’t know about which wound him up but he should have acted differently and been a bit calmer about it all. 

Notice I haven’t told you to go and find yourself a Poole thread starman :D :wink:

Quite right, but as a team manager he should, be setting an example. See you in the final, touching all avaliable pieces of wood.

28 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Did you approve of Craig Boyce thumping Gollob a few years back???

That was a far larger handbags at dawn!!!!

Craig Boyce was a rider, Alilit is a team manager, he should be setting an example.  its not the right thing to do. Scott Nicholls and Emil was the same. No getting away from it, Allit was out of order.

Edited by Starman2006
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He doesn't seem like someone who can let things go but just gets more and more annoyed, how many times did he mention the track being different from normal?  He did apologise at the time on tv so don't know why he is not playing it down like you say. I would tell Starman to go find his own thread if I were you!

• Like 1

But its ok for a team manager to accept his rider getting in a fight on a night out and then the same rider being under drugs or alcohol and driving an uninsured and unregistered vehicle and being banned from driving................its what kids do.

Watch the Belle Vue footage again, Simon Lambert is the issue here going up to Etheridge, which led to the mechanic getting involved so Allitt took him away up to the fence.

Allitt isnt blameless but he was a manager protecting his riders , they all do it and Middlo is as bad if not worse in his backing of Darcy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Gavan said:

But its ok for a team manager to accept his rider getting in a fight on a night out and then the same rider being under drugs or alcohol and driving an uninsured and unregistered vehicle and being banned from driving................its what kids do.

Watch the Belle Vue footage again, Simon Lambert is the issue here going up to Etheridge, which led to the mechanic getting involved so Allitt took him away up to the fence.

Allitt isnt blameless but he was a manager protecting his riders , they all do it and Middlo is as bad if not worse in his backing of Darcy

The two situations are completely different, Middlo was trying to be supportive and play down the incident which maybe is what Allit should be doing.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

Somewhat diplomatic saying Allit took the mechanic away to the fence. He attacked him when, if he wanted to calm the situation, he should have been dragging Simon Lambert away.

His tweet later that night also indicated a lack of remorse and an understanding of the seriousness of an officiant acting as he did

"Great come back and a bit of wwe!! Just backing my boys @ruthlesslambert @typroctor20 @tjracing11 @doniversen @MPTRacing267 @lambo_racing #ErikRiss awesome from our fans @KLSpeedway @KLSSClub  see you Monday #halftime" 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Somewhat diplomatic saying Allit took the mechanic away to the fence. He attacked him when, if he wanted to calm the situation, he should have been dragging Simon Lambert away.

His tweet later that night also indicated a lack of remorse and an understanding of the seriousness of an officiant acting as he did

"Great come back and a bit of wwe!! Just backing my boys @ruthlesslambert @typroctor20 @tjracing11 @doniversen @MPTRacing267 @lambo_racing #ErikRiss awesome from our fans @KLSpeedway @KLSSClub  see you Monday #halftime" 

Did i say Allit did  nothing wrong? He removed the mechanic quite forcefully to the fence.

I was simply pointing out all managers would protect their riders, as Middlo did with countless incidents with Ward

Did i say Allit did  nothing wrong? He removed the mechanic quite forcefully to the fence.

I was simply pointing out all managers would protect their riders, as Middlo did with countless incidents with Ward

You've now added "quite forcefully" . It wasn't whether you implied that Allit did nothing wrong, it was that your original comment, which you have now changed, didn't reflect what happened. As for all managers protecting their riders, I didn't see Lemon rushing out just as he didn't during the Cook, Lindgren incident.

13 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

You would think WW3 had broke out the way this has been discussed it last about 10 seconds:rolleyes:

I don't think anyone has exaggerated it to that level but surely the serious issue here is that an official has taken it upon himself to get involved and instead of calming the situation, decided to join in and physically attack a mechanic. I haven't seen posts asking for the authorities to deal with him severely or otherwise but it happened on live TV so you can hardly expect everyone to ignore it. The time it took is an irrelevance.

Edited by Aces51

I think ‘attacked’ is a bit strong.