British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Belle Vue vs Kings Lynn Playoff Semi 1st Leg 24/09/18

27 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Somewhat diplomatic saying Allit took the mechanic away to the fence. He attacked him when, if he wanted to calm the situation, he should have been dragging Simon Lambert away.

His tweet later that night also indicated a lack of remorse and an understanding of the seriousness of an officiant acting as he did

It was an assault and anywhere else could easily have had serious consequences with the police. He showed no self-control and no interest in resolving the dispute before it worsened. No man management skills. More like a bully boy. It certainly was an attack. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think ‘attacked’ is a bit strong. 

He didn't politely guide him away from the incident, he took hold of him and forced him up against the fence. I wouldn't want to over egg it,, I've seen far worse. We could leave it at he assaulted him if that is more acceptable but any reasonable person witnessing it would describe it as an attack.

Edited by Aces51

33 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

You've now added "quite forcefully" . It wasn't whether you implied that Allit did nothing wrong, it was that your original comment, which you have now changed, didn't reflect what happened. As for all managers protecting their riders, I didn't see Lemon rushing out just as he didn't during the Cook, Lindgren incident.

I don't think anyone has exaggerated it to that level but surely the serious issue here is that an official has taken it upon himself to get involved and instead of calming the situation, decided to join in and physically attack a mechanic. I haven't seen posts asking for the authorities to deal with him severely or otherwise but it happened on live TV so you can hardly expect everyone to ignore it. The time it took is an irrelevance.

I agree with another poster thought Allitt was just trying to stop another mechanic getting involved.But hey ho ,you need abit of excitement these days as the racing at most venues  these days has very little going for it.

People do realise allit stormed to jye same time as Lambert to have a go. The mechanic got inbetween them to split it up and allit reacted by fencing him. Which made summer's push allit. Allit and Lambert started the fracas. 

Etheridge had his say. Then it ended when he stopped to get off his bike 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

He didn't politely guide him away from the incident, he took hold of him and forced him up against the fence. I wouldn't want to over egg it,, I've seen far worse. We could leave it at he assaulted him if that is more acceptable but any reasonable person witnessing it would describe it as an attack.

We’ll agree to disagree but at least yourself and Phil are making your point without name calling or making derogatory remarks about Dale Allitt so fair play. 

• Like 3

I think he comes across as a fan who stepped into the breach so Buster has more time to play on his tractor, can't imagine he commands much respect from the riders, maybe that's why he dived in on Monday, to boost his cred in front of his riders.  Then again I don't blame him for taking the manager gig, I'm sure we'd all love a go if the opportunity arose, free entry on match nights, travel costs covered and perhaps £50 a week in your bin for the troubles, sign me up.

It was most definitely assault and if he'd done that to me I'd have had him charged based on the video evidence,  or I would have knocked 7 shades out of him to discourage him from doing it again.

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

He doesn't seem like someone who can let things go but just gets more and more annoyed, how many times did he mention the track being different from normal?  He did apologise at the time on tv so don't know why he is not playing it down like you say. I would tell Starman to go find his own thread if I were you!

Nobody asked you for an opinion. Perhaps you should find another forum to go on..

Edited by Starman2006
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

But its ok for a team manager to accept his rider getting in a fight on a night out and then the same rider being under drugs or alcohol and driving an uninsured and unregistered vehicle and being banned from driving................its what kids do.

Watch the Belle Vue footage again, Simon Lambert is the issue here going up to Etheridge, which led to the mechanic getting involved so Allitt took him away up to the fence.

Allitt isnt blameless but he was a manager protecting his riders , they all do it and Middlo is as bad if not worse in his backing of Darcy

Really you talk junk, Middlo has NEVER got into that sort of argument.

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

It was an assault and anywhere else could easily have had serious consequences with the police. He showed no self-control and no interest in resolving the dispute before it worsened. No man management skills. More like a bully boy. It certainly was an attack. 

Spot on, Alilit has no man managemernt skills whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Really you talk junk, Middlo has NEVER got into that sort of argument.

Didnt say he did 

Managers protect their riders same as they all do.

Whats worse, Allitt pushing a mechanic up to the fence or Middlo backing Darcy up for all the stuff he did off track? 

Im not saying Allitt was right in what he did but it was no worse than Middlo sticking up for his rider for all of his off track issues

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Didnt say he did 

Whats worse, Allitt pushing a mechanic up to the fence or Middlo backing Darcy up for all the stuff he did off track? 

Im not saying Allitt was right in what he did but it was no worse than Middlo sticking up for his rider for all of his off track issues

Thats what you was incinuating Neil has never done what Allit did. That was totally unprofessional, and nobody, can deny that.

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Didnt say he did 

Clearly the physical violence from Allitt is far worse. Anyone knows that. Verbally backing up one of your riders goes without saying. 

Can’t believe anyone would think any different.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Interesting....

http://scbgb.co.uk/news.php?extend.75.1

Hopefully the SCB will be taking action against Allitt for the violence.

Also is the referee in trouble for wrongly stopping Belle Vue using Steve Worrall in heat 15?    

I would imagine the ref is in trouble too and they haven't much time as will have to be sorted before monday I would think but what would be the ruling for stopping Worrall for heat 15?