British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset KO Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg 19.9.18

Can we pull back Somerset's lead of 14 points? Going to be very difficult but not impossible. We need everyone to be on form and to score at least 8 from Dan's rides. Jonas B Andersen guests for Riss. He scored three at the NSS when riding for Wolves, so could do a bit better at reserve but not going to be easy as Somerset have a strong reserve pairing.

I'm going to be optimistic and despite our previous close encounters say we will either do it or, get close to doing it.

13 hours ago, Aces51 said:

I'm going to be optimistic and despite our previous close encounters say we will either do it or, get close to doing it.

A bold prediction Aces will either do it or they won't :D

I hope they do, to keep the season alive so I can watch more great speedway while I'm up here, I fear the track may be too fair to pull back such a deficit though, BV never tend to win big at the NSS

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Aces probably regret dropping  Jye for Riss now.

I for one do. As play-offs and KOC are based on aggregate scores, we would have got full value for Jye's scores at home.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Aces probably regret dropping  Jye for Riss now.

It's always easy with hindsight but it was the correct decision at the time. Jye did a good job at the NSS but was doing nothing away and we needed to pick up points away to get into the play offs. Riss was ok prior to his injury and his away average shows he did the job expected. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

It's always easy with hindsight but it was the correct decision at the time. Jye did a good job at the NSS but was doing nothing away and we needed to pick up points away to get into the play offs. Riss was ok prior to his injury and his away average shows he did the job expected. 

Well if they can use Jonas B Andersen he is better than either of them. Guested for Somerset at Poole recently looked quick.

Looking at the results with Riss in, we would have made the play offs anyway with Jye and had a potentially good scoring reserve at the NSS. 

As most said at the time it should have been Dimitri for Drozdz and keep Jye. What’s done is done but we never really got to see Mark perform due to him carrying an injury. 

19 minutes ago, ouch said:

Looking at the results with Riss in, we would have made the play offs anyway with Jye and had a potentially good scoring reserve at the NSS. 

As most said at the time it should have been Dimitri for Drozdz and keep Jye. What’s done is done but we never really got to see Mark perform due to him carrying an injury. 

Or maybe should have got Jonas B Andersen when he became available.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Well if they can use Jonas B Andersen he is better than either of them. Guested for Somerset at Poole recently looked quick.

No he didn't. Are you thinking of Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen or Tero Aarnio who we used as guests for Allen and BWD. 

As I've mentioned Andersen scored 3 from 4 rides on his visit with Wolves at the end of August. He was in the 1-5 but that doesn't really give any cause to think he strengthens us. His away average for Wolves is 2.46.  Riders like Andersen and Riss might have a good night but might have a bad night and on average have far more bad nights than good. We might just be lucky tonight, I hope so.

Edited by Aces51

25 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

No he didn't. Are you thinking of Nicolaj Busk Jakobsen or Tero Aarnio who we used as guests for Allen and BWD. 

Yes you are correct I am thinking of NBJ.

Belle Vue should win tonight but I don't expect us to get close to the aggregate win.  I think around 6 points.