British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset KO Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg 19.9.18

What's the crowd like. Must be a tough gig going up against both Manchester clubs playing Champion's League??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's the crowd like. Must be a tough gig going up against both Manchester clubs playing Champion's League??

I wasn't there but I've seen pics. Very poor indeed 

• Like 1

Hope Shovlar sees how good Mark Riss replacement did tonight!! Horses for courses, accusing Belle Vue of cheating....... could he have been more wrong......then again it’s what trolls do.

Hope someone can load up heat 13 if possible

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Hope Shovlar sees how good Mark Riss replacement did tonight!! Horses for courses, accusing Belle Vue of cheating....... could he have been more wrong......then again it’s what trolls do.

Stop trolling.

You have already got him banned.

Isn't that satisfying enough for you?

Edited by JusticeForShovlar
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Well i thought he would be a good guest, must have someone up their sleeve for the play offs. 

After heat 6 I thought we would be lucky to win the meeting, never would have thought we we be going into heat 14 with still a chance! In the end 10 points was a good result  we let ourselves down in 1st leg as usual.

From heat 6 to heat 15 we made up the 14 points, if only we didn’t go behind in the match, heat 2 and heat 5 were the critical heats.

Heat 13 what a cracker again! All 4 riders kept passing each other with Cook pipping Doyle on the line for a 5-1! Even better then the heat 13 two weeks ago.

The crowd was good considering city are at home and United on TV.  Cracking meeting and congrats to Somerset on getting to the final.  Heat 13 was again sensational.  As Rob said as per usual the Aces go out due to a poor away leg. 

11 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

I'm looking forward to seeing heat 13 again, watching it live it looked better than last week!

It was. 

Congratulations to the Rebels, all 7 of them chipping in with valuable contributions to see them home. Great to see Cookie showing real speed, looked relaxed & smooth on the bike pulling off some great passing moves. That heat 13 was simply brilliant, well worth a look! Heat 15 wasn't too shabby either. Thoughts now turn to this coming Monday..... 

Edited by mikec

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I thought it was a decent crowd there looked to be quite a lot on the back straight and a few rebels fans as well

I think the obsession on here of 'what the crowd looks like' has had its day..

A very small minority sport gets crowds in keeping with its status in the national sporting grand scheme of things..

If the Aces get say 1500 it won't look anywhere near full but given the sports following and standing, it certainly is a reasonable crowd....

Probably not self financing but that is more down to the unrealistic, probably unsustainable, fixed costs that the sport has..

4 minutes ago, mikebv said:

I think the obsession on here of 'what the crowd looks like' has had its day..

A very small minority sport gets crowds in keeping with its status in the national sporting grand scheme of things..

If the Aces get say 1500 it won't look anywhere near full but given the sports following and standing, it certainly is a reasonable crowd....

Probably not self financing but that is more down to the unrealistic, probably unsustainable, fixed costs that the sport has..

That's always the issue at BV the size of the stadium can be deceiving to a small crowd when in speedway terms it's actually good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

That's always the issue at BV the size of the stadium can be deceiving to a small crowd when in speedway terms it's actually good.

Spot on...

If you spent two days in Piccadilly Gardens in City Centre Manchester and asked 500 random people a day 'who are the Belle Vue Aces?"...

I would be amazed if out of one thousand men, women and children asked, 100 could give a correct answer...

And possibly the more realistic answer is that no more than 50 out of the 1000 could..

In reality 1500 or so isn't too bad for such a poorly generically recognised Sport...

At the mid stage of the meeting I certainly didn't expect that we might win by 10. Some good racing and lots of passing in the second half of the meeting. A superb heat 13, an entertaining heat 15 and Lawson fought hard to eventually pass Berge in heat 14. Congratulations to Somerset and it was good to see their riders going over to applaud the fans who had made the long journey to support them.

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

Spot on...

If you spent two days in Piccadilly Gardens in City Centre Manchester and asked 500 random people a day 'who are the Belle Vue Aces?"...

I would be amazed if out of one thousand men, women and children asked, 100 could give a correct answer...

And possibly the more realistic answer is that no more than 50 out of the 1000 could..

In reality 1500 or so isn't too bad for such a poorly generically recognised Sport...

Valid point but Piccadilly Gardens (as was) these days is mostly populated by spice users, they wouldn't even know their own names.

• Haha 2