British Speedway Forum
Aces51

Belle Vue v Somerset KO Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg 19.9.18

14 points is probably too many but we did turn round an 11 point
deficit against Swindon last season against the odds.

We need Somerset's bottom 4 to be no better than they were the other week and Lawson and Holder to score no more than they did on Monday.

Personally i think 14 points is way too much to pull back especially with Doyle and Holder in town. 8 may have been doable. 

What's the crowd like. Must be a tough gig going up against both Manchester clubs playing Champion's League??

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

What's the crowd like. Must be a tough gig going up against both Manchester clubs playing Champion's League??

I wasn't there but I've seen pics. Very poor indeed 

• Like 1

Hope Shovlar sees how good Mark Riss replacement did tonight!! Horses for courses, accusing Belle Vue of cheating....... could he have been more wrong......then again it’s what trolls do.

Hope someone can load up heat 13 if possible

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Hope Shovlar sees how good Mark Riss replacement did tonight!! Horses for courses, accusing Belle Vue of cheating....... could he have been more wrong......then again it’s what trolls do.

Stop trolling.

You have already got him banned.

Isn't that satisfying enough for you?

Edited by JusticeForShovlar
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Well i thought he would be a good guest, must have someone up their sleeve for the play offs. 

After heat 6 I thought we would be lucky to win the meeting, never would have thought we we be going into heat 14 with still a chance! In the end 10 points was a good result  we let ourselves down in 1st leg as usual.

From heat 6 to heat 15 we made up the 14 points, if only we didn’t go behind in the match, heat 2 and heat 5 were the critical heats.

Heat 13 what a cracker again! All 4 riders kept passing each other with Cook pipping Doyle on the line for a 5-1! Even better then the heat 13 two weeks ago.

59 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It was full where I sit but you just can't tell how full the grandstand is when you're sat in it. The South Stand looked a bit thin though, much like a Monday night crowd so I'm guessing it wasn't great. 

The very heavy overnight rain, which continued in spells during the day, (they were watering after heat 4 though!) not to mention the 14 point deficit and the champions league will have put some off without doubt.

As expected we lost this in the first leg, the ef for cook just before heat 13 at Somerset was,as it turns out, the deciding factor but the lads never thew the towel in even after a dodgy start, and but for a great ride by Lawson to pass Berge in heat 14 it could have gone to a last heat decider!

I'm looking forward to seeing heat 13 again, watching it live it looked better than last week!

Edited by Fred Flange

The crowd was good considering city are at home and United on TV.  Cracking meeting and congrats to Somerset on getting to the final.  Heat 13 was again sensational.  As Rob said as per usual the Aces go out due to a poor away leg. 

11 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

I'm looking forward to seeing heat 13 again, watching it live it looked better than last week!

It was. 

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to the Rebels, all 7 of them chipping in with valuable contributions to see them home. Great to see Cookie showing real speed, looked relaxed & smooth on the bike pulling off some great passing moves. That heat 13 was simply brilliant, well worth a look! Heat 15 wasn't too shabby either. Thoughts now turn to this coming Monday..... 

Edited by mikec

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I thought it was a decent crowd there looked to be quite a lot on the back straight and a few rebels fans as well

I think the obsession on here of 'what the crowd looks like' has had its day..

A very small minority sport gets crowds in keeping with its status in the national sporting grand scheme of things..

If the Aces get say 1500 it won't look anywhere near full but given the sports following and standing, it certainly is a reasonable crowd....

Probably not self financing but that is more down to the unrealistic, probably unsustainable, fixed costs that the sport has..