British Speedway Forum

It’s now only 12 Days to the National League Riders Championship at Leicester, Have the Riders for this Championship been announced, I have certainly not seen the names, 

You would think there would at least be an indication of line up, especially as it's the only meeting at NL level considered as priority. What it should be is each teams highest averaged fit rider (but set a minimum of say 6 points so we don't get 2nd strings and reserves half a lap behind) and then literally go down the league averages in order.

Making a line up of

Kyle Bickley

James Shanes 

Ben Wilson

Jon Armstrong

Georgie Wood

Alfie Bowtell

Jack Thomas

Danny Ayres

Henry Atkins

Max Clegg

Ben Morley

Leon Flint

Drew Kemp

Josh Bailey

Jack Smith 

Mark Baseby

With reserves

Nathan Stoneman

Tom Brennan

That would be some line up, worthy of anyone's entrance fee. I fear though we will get something far more then diluted then this though. As long as it looks competitive I will be heading up to support any Kent riders taking part.

• Like 1

real shame about connor mountains injury as he seemed nailed on for this title . other than when guesting for leicester , when he was the match winner even then , been to see coventry 4 times and don't think i saw him beaten once .

This event is What I think the BSPA call a Shared event which I think means all the NL Clubs share the Profits of the Meeting, Yet no one knows who is even riding in it, this just shows how much the BSPA think of the NL, 

The preview for the Buxton meeting said Connor Mountain won't ride until Thursday at the earliest? That doesn't rule him out of the NLRC

Ayres & Bailey likely to be out but Jenkins in, possibly Mountain in? as stated Brennan & Stoneman on the fringes and hopefully Coles as he has been in top form recently. Shaping up to be a top looking and very open meeting.......

From a neutral perspective....I'd like to see Drew Kemp and Tom Brennan in the line-up (and Conor Coles deserves a spot on current form...as mentioned above)

Well there’s 10 supporters that now will not be going, Don’t Promoters realises that we have to make arrangements, So with no publicity, no one knows who’s riding, We have decided to give it a miss, With absolutely no news is it actually taking place, or as it gone the same road as the 4TT 

It's going to be our last one for this year ,good thing is whichever 16 riders turn up there's a good chance about a dozen of them will have ridden for us this year and could be all 16 have some kind of connection

Why can "they" not even give the qualification rules. Is it that difficult to name each team's top rider and then a second with the highest average from the required amount of team's. I apologize for what seems sense, I had a short memory lapse and forgot we are talking speedway.

There really is very little interest; might as well scrap it. Not sure the riders are bothered.

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

There really is very little interest; might as well scrap it. Not sure the riders are bothered.

Connor Mountain certainly is when interviewed on the Speedway GB You Tube. He mentioned it as one of his main goals this season . 

Edited by Woz01

7 hours ago, Brummies_Ste said:

James Shanes is in Germany that day for the world long track final so its only Leon Flint for Brum

Can't Birmingham have a guest or R/R like they do in league matches?

2 minutes ago, uk_martin said:

Can't Birmingham have a guest or R/R like they do in league matches?

NO.    Now if it was Cradley that would be different! :)