British Speedway Forum

32 minutes ago, Mimmo said:

You're right there.

After last night's farce at Rye, I'm glad I gave this a miss today.

Awful meeting.Track was terrible.Riders were riding around just managing to stay on at times.£16 for any sort of NL standard meeting is a joke.£2.50 for an awful programme also.A 2 sentence write up on each rider,a scorecard and adverts on 5 sheets of a4 folded and stapeled.Done quickly,cheap and cheerful.Will be my last visit there.Not worth the money in the slightest.No wonder their crowds are down if that's what it's like every week. Couldn't wait to get out of there. 

24 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

Awful meeting.Track was terrible.Riders were riding around just managing to stay on at times.£16 for any sort of NL standard meeting is a joke.£2.50 for an awful programme also.A 2 sentence write up on each rider,a scorecard and adverts on 5 sheets of a4 folded and stapeled.Done quickly,cheap and cheerful.Will be my last visit there.Not worth the money in the slightest.No wonder their crowds are down if that's what it's like every week. Couldn't wait to get out of there. 

Someone, somewhere forget value for money. Programme sounds to be a disgrace for £2.50.

4 minutes ago, Argos said:

Was there any fans there 

Didn't seem a bad crowd at all.   I reckon near 500 maybe.

But what a disgrace of a track.   Made Stoke look like a billiard table.

Riders struggling to stay on.  Bends 1 and 3 were diabolical.  Falls in most races, but not the fault of the riders, purely the track.

The only passing came in the title run off when Morley and Bowtell were having a battle, but even then the track was the winner, causing Bowtell to fall.   Morley was handed the title in an anticlimax as Bowtell lay there on whatever that rubble was that they used instead of shale.

Leicester should be fined and banned from ever holding a BSPA meeting again.

3 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

Didn't seem a bad crowd at all.   I reckon near 500 maybe.

But what a disgrace of a track.   Made Stoke look like a billiard table.

Leicester should be fined and banned from ever holding a BSPA meeting again.

Except that it’s not a Leicester meeting it’s a BSPA meeting. They have supervision of it.

It tells you all you need to know about the Chapman/Godfrey circus when the body with day to day conduct of the sport can’t organise a meeting worthy of being called  a Championship.

2 minutes ago, Daytripper said:

Except that it’s not a Leicester meeting it’s a BSPA meeting. They have supervision of it.

It's a BSPA shared event, staged by Leicester on behalf of the BSPA.       Leicester should never be allowed another BSPA event again after today's disgrace.

11 minutes ago, WalterPlinge said:

It's a BSPA shared event, staged by Leicester on behalf of the BSPA.       Leicester should never be allowed another BSPA event again after today's disgrace.

Totally agree...and they force riders to take part under the threat of being banned.

Shameful behaviour from those that run the sport.

Did anyone really expect this meeting to be ran properly? It had no chance of being a success with Laurence Rogers being involved with the organising of it. The man is an arse who buggers up any speedway he has anything to do with.

• Like 4

Anyway, I think this is the least of the worries for any NL club.

I just hope they don't become the sacrificial lambs that speedway's big boys seem to be lining them up for.

Where is Wat Tyler when you need him?

Who Wat Tyler?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wat_Tyler

5 minutes ago, mrss said:

Did anyone really expect this meeting to be ran properly? It had no chance of being a success with Laurence Rogers being involved with the organising of it. The man is an arse who buggers up any speedway he has anything to do with.

Exactly the reason i did not bother going and completely vindicated. Why are so many people so blind to this fact? speedways most unsuccessful man by a mile..

32 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Exactly the reason i did not bother going and completely vindicated. Why are so many people so blind to this fact? speedways most unsuccessful man by a mile..

Jesus..... i mean imagine being worse than some of the absolute clows that run Speedway 

33 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I can think of a whole lot of other attributes  that are far more fitting ,  I just cannot see how he gets away with stuff , the buxton incident proved  some of them ,but he just goes to ground while the dust settles and before you know it he's back , as if nothing ever happened , no apologies , and no recompense 

• Like 2

There was a mini bus with 10 of us going, but when there was no publicity then we heard that “Main Man”- “Bossman” was in charge of it there was no way we were going, and by the sound it the right decision, 

I’ve said it many times and I will again Birmingham will have no success whilst he is in charge, Just like Mildenhall, Newport,Kings Lynn,Plymouth,and several others, I’ve heard he does it for free, and it’s true you pay peanuts you get Monkeys 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Argos said:

There was a mini bus with 10 of us going, but when there was no publicity then we heard that “Main Man”- “Bossman” was in charge of it there was no way we were going, and by the sound it the right decision, 

I’ve said it many times and I will again Birmingham will have no success whilst he is in charge, Just like Mildenhall, Newport,Kings Lynn,Plymouth,and several others, I’ve heard he does it for free, and it’s true you pay peanuts you get Monkeys 

He wants to be some sort of d list celebrity the guy is a embarrassment particularly to Birmingham speedway if he had anything about him he would step down ..

• Like 2