British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Newcastle 21/09/18 7:30 koc2nd leg

Another busy weekend for the Comets when this Friday night the Newcastle Diamonds are back at Derwent Park in this Koc  2nd leg quarter final.

At the time of writing its still in doubt whether Ty Proctor will be fit for the Comets, the last time Newcastle were at Derwent Park the Comets racked up a massive score but the racing was still good, lets hope for something similar, also a good send off to Stuart Robson a fine servant to British Speedway.

If we progress in both competitions this weekend then the fixture list will become very chaotic, with Play off fixtures and the outstanding Lakeside meeting still to run...………..weather permitting!!

• Like 1

I posted about this scenario before the season had started that with the Shield being a season opening tournament it needs to be over by the end of July as has been proven again by teams such as Workington, Peterborough & Lakeside, having a good season, involved in almost everything at the end of the year trying to cram it all in.

• Like 1

With only 11 teams in it and on a good run 7 of em out in the first six weeks of the season why wait til the end of July?

Once the four qualifiers are known there should be a fixed time period to complete the competition....how difficult can that be?? ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lord Lucan said:

With only 11 teams in it and on a good run 7 of em out in the first six weeks of the season why wait til the end of July?

Once the four qualifiers are known there should be a fixed time period to complete the competition....how difficult can that be?? ;)

Clearly too difficult and complicated by vested interest.

• Like 1

ty back for the weekend meetings and 2 guests announced , arron summers returns and also ben barker fill in for dan , i do believe . its on the official site , honest !

55 minutes ago, jenga said:

ty back for the weekend meetings and 2 guests announced , arron summers returns and also ben barker fill in for dan , i do believe . its on the official site , honest !

You are JOKING ? ???

Surely we haven't stooped so LOW as to ask that little **** from Truro back here to guest have we ???  

• Like 1

only going by what is on the official workington website . i am sure the present promotion would not do the phishing thing on their own site , Shirley .

they know what they are doing and they are doing what is right for workington speedway and it fans . Ben ,  luv him or hate him , get down and support the whole team as one and we will reap the rewards . honest .

• Like 1

well the diamonds have Workington exactly where we want them

over-confident and holding a 10 point lead from the away leg and fooled by our last visit .....

I think us diamonds will have the tie wrapped up by heat 14 ..............  hey we beat the league champions by 20 points on their own turf   :D

• Haha 4

Weather forecast for Friday looks to be ok with some showers in the morning according to the BBC weather app.

• Like 1

Hopefully the track has not already absorbed too much water, as the weather up here in Cumbria at the moment is awful and there will be plenty of extra rain overnight...At least the forecast for Friday is better as the day goes on.

morning , morning weather update for the speedway starved diamonds supporters . (another chance to see robbo,   poss last chance ever for some )

a wee bit wet from last nights rain , but the big yellow bulb in the sky is making a breakthrough .quite a stiff breeze it feels like a wrap up well night for speedy .

not too sure of the weather later on , but from what i gather its no more rain . A.T.M. 

but bring yer brollies and your shower caps just in case  !