British Speedway Forum
topaz325

Workington v Newcastle 21/09/18 7:30 koc2nd leg

6 minutes ago, Diamondlil said:

Keith M your being cynic

Never !!!!

• Like 1

Always supported George and the promotion 120%. Sorry, just no excuse for this!!

Massive disrespect to the team and the supporters.

• Like 3

I think ppl are jumping the gun abit, no body knows the reasons for putting out this team tonight, riders not appearing could be totally out of the promotions hands. 

I agree it's not good but I'm not going to slag anyone off until we get an explanation. 

• Like 1

It's not the first time an away club has shafted the home promotion by putting out a weakened team. It happens all the time in the NL. I get used to it.

Very unprofessional what happened this evening.  Some action needs to be taken if only to prevent  this happening again in professional sport. Very few fans ever seem to make it across the 69 anyway but for the Diamonds to field such a  weakened further damages the image of the sport but more importantly adds to the financial burden on the Comets promotion.

Sad way for Robbo to bow out of a distinguished career, wonder if the missing riders gave any thought to this being his final meeting.

Edited by SteelShoe
  • Like 4

Yet again the long suffering supporters suffer.

Last time the Diamonds were in town most of them at least turned up (though only Tero could be bothered) and I stated that they should give any of their supporters that made the trip over their money back.

Tonight having deceived the paying public by stating that only Kus was missing, they should compensate the home supporters and the home promotion.

What a farce.

And they wonder why speedway is dying on its a**e.

• Like 3

Interesting that the Newcastle match report doesn’t mention why Lindgren was missing either.

15 minutes ago, SteelShoe said:

Very unprofessional what happened this evening.  Some action needs to be taken if only to prevent  this happening again in professional sport. Very few fans ever seem to make it across the 69 anyway but for the Diamonds to field such a  weakened further damages the image of the sport but more importantly adds to the financial burden on the Comets promotion.

Sad way for Robbo to bow out of a distinguished career, wonder if the missing riders gave any thought to this being his final meeting.

The sport is not going to recover given the level it has been allowed to drop too.A lot of riders will be working 9-5 shortly.They have only themselves to blame.Still we await the Annual Master Plan that comes out every year.Really can't believe the total shambles the sport has dropped too.

• Like 2

Comets score would have been higher if bikes hadn’t packed up, would have liked Stuart Robson to have come round for a lap at the finish, been a good rider. 

Edited by comet49
  • Like 1

After braving the showers on the motorbike for this one, I have to be honest and say that it was one of the dullest meetings I can remember in a long time. Not the fault of the Comets riders, who went about their jobs as professionally as they could in the circumstances.

For the Diamonds, Tero looked like the only rider who was ever likely to consistently beat any of the Comets riders, while Ashley Morris started well but tailed off towards the end. At least Stuart Robson managed a pass round the outside of Kyle Bickley in his last profesional ride.

A pity the missing Diamonds riders seemingly gave no thought to it being Stuart Robson's last professional meeting and the promotion gave little regard to the paying public with the assembled lineup.