British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

After 2018 didn't work out so well.... What happens next? I appreciate I am only a part-time compared to some of you on here and that a lot will depend on what daft rules/limits are introduced but surely Freddie has to be persuaded to come back?? Who goes to fit him in?? Will Rory be fit after his op?

1 hour ago, Yampy said:

After 2018 didn't work out so well.... What happens next? I appreciate I am only a part-time compared to some of you on here and that a lot will depend on what daft rules/limits are introduced but surely Freddie has to be persuaded to come back?? Who goes to fit him in?? Will Rory be fit after his op?

What up has Rory had ?

No good discussing any thoughts until we know the outcome of the AGM!!

• Like 1

I notice in the Speedway Star that Klint's average is not far from Jacob's (albeit from less matches) I like Jacob but this year has to go down as a disappointment. That said there is no guarantee that Fred will ever be back.

On 9/20/2018 at 1:07 PM, Yampy said:

If the rumours are right and there is one big league then I wonder if any rider with an average over 8 will fit into whatever new lower team limit they impose.   There are likely to be about 18 teams and there are not 18 riders with an average over 8.

2 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

If the rumours are right and there is one big league then I wonder if any rider with an average over 8 will fit into whatever new lower team limit they impose.   There are likely to be about 18 teams and there are not 18 riders with an average over 8.

It must be a real worry for the likes of Rory Schlein who rely on UK speedway for their income

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

It must be a real worry for the likes of Rory Schlein who rely on UK speedway for their income

Will just have to wait and see what the bspa come up with, two leagues as now or one combined league and if they limit the top riders or just let the clubs decide to go top heavy or not rather than restrict riders because of their average. 

37 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Will just have to wait and see what the bspa come up with, two leagues as now or one combined league and if they limit the top riders or just let the clubs decide to go top heavy or not rather than restrict riders because of their average. 

Heard from good source still going be 2 leagues with the addition of 2 or 3 national league teams.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Heard from good source still going be 2 leagues with the addition of 2 or 3 national league teams.

By one combined league I mean a combination of Premier and most of the present Championship League in one, ie about 18 teams, and National League being the second. 

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

By one combined league I mean a combination of Premier and most of the present Championship League in one, ie about 18 teams, and National League being the second. 

I heard still 3 leagues with probably Ipswich Sheffield Glasgow and Peterborough in premiership with Birmingham Eastbourne and isle of Wight in championship 

23 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

I heard still 3 leagues with probably Ipswich Sheffield Glasgow and Peterborough in premiership with Birmingham Eastbourne and isle of Wight in championship 

That may be the case but, unless there is a decent amount of sponsor or tv money surely any Championship club would be very wary about joining the Premier League but that is up to them.  

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

That may be the case but, unless there is sponsor or tv money surely any Championship club would be very wary about joining the Premier League but that is up to them.  

Agree,but if that happens and there are 3 leagues can see the Premier being watered  down farther.IMO if the Premier is going to be watered downI think 1 big league with  North/ South split with Play-Off's to decide Overall Champs would be the way to go financially for the Clubs.

We shall see.

Edited by Fromafar

Don't know what the Prem clubs did with the Sky money, but heard BT paid £3k per meeting. Probably less than the clubs loose in fans. Can't see anyone wanting to come up.

8 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Can’t see Glasgow wanting to be in a different league from Edinburgh or even Berwick (or other northern teams like Newcastle and Workington etc) as they will lose too much in gate money

• Like 1