British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

12 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Just a thought why don't Belle Vue ride on a few Saturdays like in old days maybe a 6.30 or 7pm start time. Could alternate between Friday's and Saturdays just avoid Saturdays when footy season on.Sure crowds be just as big maybe more than on Fridays.

FIM events on a Saturday plus Poland will be having a few meetings on Fridays and Saturdays next season so Max Fricke may miss a few and the visitors may have a rider missing.

As for WOLVES 2019 there seems to be a link to Nick Morris switching to Monmore Green to get himself back on form and as he is with Rezszow on a Sunday it would be great to have Luke Becker travel to England with him. 

Nick on 6,74 is a bargain and Luke on possibly a 5.00 is a prospect America have been waiting for and Monmore would be a good start to his career in Britain. Kyle Howarth 5.16 would be good to have back at number two and hopefully Luke starting at six alongside a 2.00 draft or Drew Kemp who I'm sure everyone Will want just like Leon Flint.

Sam Masters and Jacob Thorssell will be in the Swedish top league so Thursday night may be a clash a few times but hopefully fixtures can be sorted to avoid these while Rory Schlein may not be riding abroad but if it's two leagues will he still be at Ipswich.

Hopefully it's one league and two from Sam, Rory and Jacob return unless they can persuade Piotr Pawlicki to have another year here as he has been up and down in the last two seasons partly due to injuries but may opt for a season here to get back on track with extra meetings. 

1 Masters or Pawlicki 8.11 / 8.00

2 Kyle Howarth 5.16

4 Nick Morris 6.74

5 Thorssell or Schlein 7.25 / 8.00

6 Luke Becker 5.00

7 Drew Kemp or 2.00

If it remains as is then Schlein or Pawlicki could fit in at 3 but if it's one league at Championship level Becker would be up at 3 and someone like Ash Morris or Nathan Greaves at six. Only speculation but a decent line ups either league and potential in both

7 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

FIM events on a Saturday plus Poland will be having a few meetings on Fridays and Saturdays next season so Max Fricke may miss a few and the visitors may have a rider missing.

As for WOLVES 2019 there seems to be a link to Nick Morris switching to Monmore Green to get himself back on form and as he is with Rezszow on a Sunday it would be great to have Luke Becker travel to England with him. 

Nick on 6,74 is a bargain and Luke on possibly a 5.00 is a prospect America have been waiting for and Monmore would be a good start to his career in Britain. Kyle Howarth 5.16 would be good to have back at number two and hopefully Luke starting at six alongside a 2.00 draft or Drew Kemp who I'm sure everyone Will want just like Leon Flint.

Sam Masters and Jacob Thorssell will be in the Swedish top league so Thursday night may be a clash a few times but hopefully fixtures can be sorted to avoid these while Rory Schlein may not be riding abroad but if it's two leagues will he still be at Ipswich.

Hopefully it's one league and two from Sam, Rory and Jacob return unless they can persuade Piotr Pawlicki to have another year here as he has been up and down in the last two seasons partly due to injuries but may opt for a season here to get back on track with extra meetings. 

1 Masters or Pawlicki 8.11 / 8.00

2 Kyle Howarth 5.16

4 Nick Morris 6.74

5 Thorssell or Schlein 7.25 / 8.00

6 Luke Becker 5.00

7 Drew Kemp or 2.00

If it remains as is then Schlein or Pawlicki could fit in at 3 but if it's one league at Championship level Becker would be up at 3 and someone like Ash Morris or Nathan Greaves at six. Only speculation but a decent line ups either league and potential in both

How about the long forgotten Pontus Aspgren filling your number 3 spot sure he be on a reduced average.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfie456 said:

How about the long forgotten Pontus Aspgren filling your number 3 spot sure he be on a reduced average.

If the average remains the same at 42.5 eithe masters/Pawlicki or thorssell/Schlein would fit at 3. The only sticking point being the 1 over 8 rule if that remains

Lots of speculation already without knowing the set up of the league.

A major restructure is required if British Speedway is to survive - doubts about Poole, Lakeside, Peterborough, Swindon - doubts over which league Leicester will ride in.

Realistically there needs to be a bigger league of some sort and the realism of that is that there will have to be a watering down of teams - unpopular but very necessary if team speedway is to survive in this country.

Fixed Race nights has been a disaster - crowds down at tracks that had to change from their traditional nights and Rye House's demise almost certainly down to them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Morris at Wolves - he rides the track well and seems unhappy at Swindon.

In order to make any future set up work effectively though I could see only two or maybe even one of Morris, Schlein, Thorssell and Masters being included.

Of those I would personally go for Morris and Schlein - Thorssell has been poor and Masters seems only happy riding at number 4 which will not be possible going forward.

I don't particularly rate Howarth - his average may not have moved much but he seems to have gone backwards this year and away he has been dreadful. However under a new set up we may have little choice than to keep him and he is likely to be the 3rd or 4th ranked rider in any team.

Any new structure is likely to see two young British riders at reserve of say NL status - if he is fit I would include Tom Bacon as one of those as he has done well for us this year and Drew Kemp the other one.

After that it is likely to depend upon who is available and maybe someone like Jonas B Andersen who did well at home may be up for consideration.

Edited by magnificentseven

22 hours ago, Danny Connor said:

The same people who want to unfix the race nights will be moaning about the number of guests due to continental commitments. The uk won’t have priority. It will be like 2017.

1 season of fixed race nights isn’t really a gage. If at all possible stick with it for another year or so and people will start to know speedway is Monday and Wednesday. If you keep changing things just because it’s not working for 1 or 2 teams then we will carry on wateringdown and it will all get farcical again with the number of guests. It will suck.

if Leicester hadn’t lost vaculik early on their crowds would have been decent with a successful team but that’s sport and somebody has to finish last and their crowds will fall to hardcore. 

1 pawlicki/Woffinden/lindgren

masters

morris

Thorsell

covatti

m riss/grieves?

kemp/Brennan

if this is anywhere near fitting. As an outsider this to me would be a team I’d take notice of if they came to my track

As a fantasy team it’s decent, but the chances of Leicester signing those 4 Wolves riders is remote to non existent.

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

If the average remains the same at 42.5 eithe masters/Pawlicki or thorssell/Schlein would fit at 3. The only sticking point being the 1 over 8 rule if that remains

It’s British Speedway, of course they will mess up the rules as per usual.

6 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Watched Pontus quite a bit in the Swedish matches this year and would be worth a punt.

He would keep his old average if we use the Woryna situation this season.

He has improved massively yet kept an outdated average, see no reason why the same wouldn’t apply next season for Pontus, unless of course teams vote against it to stop Wolves.

4 hours ago, magnificentseven said:

Lots of speculation already without knowing the set up of the league.

A major restructure is required if British Speedway is to survive - doubts about Poole, Lakeside, Peterborough, Swindon - doubts over which league Leicester will ride in.

Realistically there needs to be a bigger league of some sort and the realism of that is that there will have to be a watering down of teams - unpopular but very necessary if team speedway is to survive in this country.

Fixed Race nights has been a disaster - crowds down at tracks that had to change from their traditional nights and Rye House's demise almost certainly down to them.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Morris at Wolves - he rides the track well and seems unhappy at Swindon.

In order to make any future set up work effectively though I could see only two or maybe even one of Morris, Schlein, Thorssell and Masters being included.

Of those I would personally go for Morris and Schlein - Thorssell has been poor and Masters seems only happy riding at number 4 which will not be possible going forward.

I don't particularly rate Howarth - his average may not have moved much but he seems to have gone backwards this year and away he has been dreadful. However under a new set up we may have little choice than to keep him and he is likely to be the 3rd or 4th ranked rider in any team.

Any new structure is likely to see two young British riders at reserve of say NL status - if he is fit I would include Tom Bacon as one of those as he has done well for us this year and Drew Kemp the other one.

After that it is likely to depend upon who is available and maybe someone like Jonas B Andersen who did well at home may be up for consideration.

Thorssell hasn't been poor, he did exactly what realistically could have been expected, actually slightly better in my opinion.

He doesn't have an inflated average from riding at No 4 as he did the previous year, or as Schlein and Masters do from this season.

As for Howarth, he had an injury blighted season that sees him on a much lower average.

Basically, Thorssell and Howarth have to be the first two names on the sheet along with Morris if he wishes to join.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

As a fantasy team it’s decent, but the chances of Leicester signing those 4 Wolves riders is remote to non existent.

It’s British Speedway, of course they will mess up the rules as per usual.

He was suggesting a Wolves team

19 hours ago, BWitcher said:

He was suggesting a Wolves team

And I'm struggling to see how anyone could misread that...

2 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

He mentioned Leicester above the line up however I can see I got it wrong.

i don’t believe it’s a crime yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waiheke1 said:

I've had disagreements with Steve but he is not one who generally misreads posts. We all from time to time get things wrong, it's called, being human. I realised what he had done but didn't feel the need to point it out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1 November 2018 at 10:08 AM, Wolfie456 said:

On 1 November 2018 at 11:39 AM, Call me wolfie said:

Pretty sure Pontus works full time in a family business and only rides Sweden as a hobby with a bit of financial income. Doubt he would be interested in riding here again. 

On 11/1/2018 at 11:54 AM, magnificentseven said:

This certainly seems the rumour, however his interview in this weeks Speedway Star indicates differently.

• Like 1

Any Wolves fan know what this means? It seems to be implying a move to Tuesday night racing but would seem to be an odd decision if true.