British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

9 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Why Howarth ?

Nathan should but only from 3.25 to 3.19 and not sure when Ashley Morris last did the NL if he gets anything off his 3.66.

So we have a Premiership meaning just 12 home meetings in the league and 1 cup match as a minimum and the same teams over and over again and that means of the 13 there will be 3 against the same team (23% against the same team)

Wolves finished the season with a combined average of just 35.43 without Andersen so with a small reduction to Greaves they could fill that last place with. Rider upto 7.13 which could mean Nick Morris 6.91 slotting in nicely . However it would be no surprise if Wolves went for Luke Becker who may be signed on a 4.00 at reserve it would leave space for someone like Wells or Richie Worrall

1- Sam Masters 8.11

2- Kyle Howarth 5.16

3- Nick Morris 6.91 - - - - Ricky Wells 5.77

4- Jacob Thorssell 7.25

5- Rory Schelin 8.00

6- Ash Morris 3.66

7- Nathan Greaves 3.19 - - - - Luke Becker 4.00

Got a feeling Schlein will be riding for Ipswich.We need riders who can ride big fast tracks as Peterborough is another graveyard for us.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Got a feeling Schlein will be riding for Ipswich.We need riders who can ride big fast tracks as Peterborough is another graveyard for us.

Doyle is looking like being their number one and wouldn't be suprised to see two former witches in Andersen and Nicholls there behind him and may feel that Rory could choose Wolves over Ipswich now he has to pick

having said that, both Nicholls and Andersen would fit in well at Peterborough 

Edited by INCOGNITO

If Piotr Pawlicki (without a Eliteserin ride) is 8.00 what would remain if he signed alongside Thorsell, N Morris, Greaves & Wells?

27 minutes ago, Col said:

If Piotr Pawlicki (without a Eliteserin ride) is 8.00 what would remain if he signed alongside Thorsell, N Morris, Greaves & Wells?

Pawlicki 8.00, Thorssell 7.25, Nick Morris 6.91, Wells 5.77, Greaves 3.19 leaves 11.38 for last two places

Masters 8.11, Pawlicki or Schlein 8.00, Thorssell 7.25, Wells 5.77, Howarth 5.16, Greaves 3.19, ..... leaves 5.02 for last place so either a new rider or someone like Jake Allen, Aaron Summers, Paul Starke, N B Jacobsen, 

Why would Pawlicki be on 8.00?

There is nothing announced so far that suggests that rule is still applicable for 2019. Also he acquired an average of I think 7.22 last time around.

Whatever the situation I guess he won't make any decision on where he might ride until he's fully recovered from his operation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BLACKHEART said:

It would be handy if the BSPA could release a list of team building averages for 2019.

Agree 100% (less 2.5% obviously!):D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Why would Pawlicki be on 8.00?

There is nothing announced so far that suggests that rule is still applicable for 2019. Also he acquired an average of I think 7.22 last time around.

Whatever the situation I guess he won't make any decision on where he might ride until he's fully recovered from his operation.

His 7.32 average from 2014 surely wont be valid. Wasn't aware of fitness issues.

If available, he should be first name on the Wolves team sheet.

Edited by Col

1. Sam Masters 8.11
2. Ricky Wells 5.77
3. A.N.Other 5.70
4. Jacob Thorssell 7.25
5. Piotr Pawlicki 7.32
6. Kyle Howarth 5.16
7. Nathan Greaves 3.19

Suggestions for rider 3 welcomed.

Pretty sure Pawlicki would be under the ruling they bought in last year that made all GP riders that were no longer riding here at least 8.00 and therefore Vaculik cam in on an 8.00 average. 

If he isn't doing Sweden and Britain is on Monday and Thursday it could benefit him having 24 league matches plus a few extra between weekend commitments and would certainly be one of the most entertaining riders in the league.

Just because Ipswich have moved up, don't start thinking Rory won't be back as he clearly likes riding at Wolves and think he may choose Monmore over Foxhall if he is given the choice.

There was no such rule making GP riders 8+ - it was like one of those urban myths

• Like 1

3 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Pretty sure Pawlicki would be under the ruling they bought in last year that made all GP riders that were no longer riding here at least 8.00 and therefore Vaculik cam in on an 8.00 average. 

If he isn't doing Sweden and Britain is on Monday and Thursday it could benefit him having 24 league matches plus a few extra between weekend commitments and would certainly be one of the most entertaining riders in the league.

Just because Ipswich have moved up, don't start thinking Rory won't be back as he clearly likes riding at Wolves and think he may choose Monmore over Foxhall if he is given the choice.

I think Rory would prefer to stay at wolves but I think his fall out with Chris Louis at foxhall at the rained off Glasgow meeting will seal his fate

5 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I think Rory would prefer to stay at wolves but I think his fall out with Chris Louis at foxhall at the rained off Glasgow meeting will seal his fate

There is also the fact that Rory and Buster have history which would likely sway things further to Wolves

But speedway is funny business....

Wolves the first SGBP club to announce 2019 season ticket prices - before even a single rider has been announced!

Unless of course there is to be an announcement this evening at the talk-in?!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Wolves the first SGBP club to announce 2019 season ticket prices - before even a single rider has been announced!

Unless of course there is to be an announcement this evening at the talk-in?!

The early bird offer means standard adult admission is equivalent to £16.00 for at least 15 meetings. Some will think that is still too high. I’m undecided.