British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

Didn't get a season ticket last season after having one for the previous 2 years but I will consider going to a large number of meetings next season if we field a decent team including a rider like Pawlicki. 

Forget the season ticket though. With a reduced number of meetings, it's pretty poor value for money. Rather pick and choose. 

Looks a bit steep for season tickets. Miss one through illness or something and you're out of pocket.

Two new faces with one being previous rider in the league which could be a few riders but some already thinking it may be Becker and Pawlicki.

You can all but put Howarth and Thorssell in. Add Masters Becker and Pawlicki and leaves 10.08 for last two. 

Masters 8.11

Howarth 5.06

Worrall 6.00 or Wells  5.77

Thorssell 7.25

Pawlicki  or Schlein 8.00

Becker 4.00

Morris 3.57 or JBA 3.94

Maybe that could be something like it. Decent top five and two reserves that can stay at reserve

PA mentioned a few changes to rules.If a rider falls at the back and excluded his team mate will no longer be penalised 15m in rerun.There will be a 4m perimeter on infield were rider can pull onto if has bike trouble and not be excluded.Only 1 mechanic allowed onto track at pit gate  when awaiting rerun of a race. All tracks to have 2min clock on centre green.No meetings agreed until April.

The new people's tournament will be run on the old 13 heat formula with heat 14 and 15 nominated home riders by supporters.Wolves in group with Belle Vue and Peterborough.

• Like 1

Going by CVS's comments last night this  team would fit with his thinking, 4 retained from this year,  2 fresh faces, one hasnt ridden uk before and one previous wolf returning

Sam Masters  8.11

Nick Morris     6.91

Piotr Pawlicki  7.22?

Kyle Howarth   5.06

Jacob Thorssell   7.25

Luke Becker      4.00?

Ashley Morris    3.57

Total = 42.12

The new rider to the UK could also be Mateusz Tonder or Joel Kling who were originally going to appear in the Olympique, but I think Becker is the most likely. If it was Kling or Tonder then Pawlicki wouldn't fit probably so the returning rider could be Ricky Wells

Edited by Call me wolfie

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Going by CVS's comments last night this  team would fit with his thinking, 4 retained from this year,  2 fresh faces, one hasnt ridden uk before and one previous wolf returning

Sam Masters  8.11

Nick Morris     6.91

Piotr Pawlicki  7.22?

Kyle Howarth   5.06

Jacob Thorssell   7.25

Luke Becker      4.00?

Ashley Morris    3.57

Total = 42.12

The new rider to the UK could also be Mateusz Tonder or Joel Kling who were originally going to appear in the Olympique, but I think Becker is the most likely. If it was Kling or Tonder then Pawlicki wouldn't fit probably so the returning rider could be Ricky Wells

What about Oliver Berntzen not ridden here plus think rides under PK in Sweden.

2 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Good friends are they  :D

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

Sam Masters  8.11

Nick Morris     6.91

Piotr Pawlicki  7.22?

Kyle Howarth   5.06

Jacob Thorssell   7.25

Luke Becker      4.00?

Ashley Morris    3.57

Total = 42.12

good top 4, has  howarth lost his way though? and reserves are too weak

On 11/16/2018 at 11:45 AM, Skidder1 said:

Why would Pawlicki be on 8.00?

There is nothing announced so far that suggests that rule is still applicable for 2019. Also he acquired an average of I think 7.22 last time around.

Whatever the situation I guess he won't make any decision on where he might ride until he's fully recovered from his operation.

I agree, his last average of 7.32 should still be valid.

On 11/17/2018 at 2:44 AM, Col said:

His 7.32 average from 2014 surely wont be valid. Wasn't aware of fitness issues.

If available, he should be first name on the Wolves team sheet.

Why not? The 2 Poles from Poole were signed on averages from the same time (not Woryna) so it would appear that it’s perfectly acceptable. Unless of course it’s another rule change.

On 11/18/2018 at 7:00 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

There was no such rule making GP riders 8+ - it was like one of those urban myths

There was. What was Vaculik’s starting average for Leicester?

2 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

If Berntzen wanted to ride UK I would have thought PK would have recommended him for the Olympique, he did however recommend Kling as he is interested in riding over here

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

good top 4, has  howarth lost his way though? and reserves are too weak

CVS pretty much said Howarth will be the first name on his team sheet on his average. Had a few injuries last year which in hindsight he should have probably rested a bit more. Can only see his average improving again next year