British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

5.77, usually goes really well round Monmore and will easily improve on that

6.75 was his 2017 Premiership average, so does that mean his 2018 Championship average will be converted ?

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

5.77, usually goes really well round Monmore and will easily improve on that

But poor away from home which is were we need to improve.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

6.75 was his 2017 Premiership average, so does that mean his 2018 Championship average will be converted ?

His 2018 premiership average was 5.77 so that will be his starting average for 2019

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good start to team building by wolves hopefully a out and out number 1 will be signed to help stop the folding towards the end of a meeting ..Wells would be a great addition on that average imo .

Howarth & Wells (if signed by Wolves) will improve their relatively poor starting averages I'm sure. As would Thorsell.

Becker is going to be very hit & miss until he settles, having a familiar face around in Wells in the team can only help.

Masters is a reasonable heatleader on a reasonable average. Still of an age where he can improve.

Reasonable 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6. 5 is key. Assume 7 will be Morris or Greaves, which is OK, but not match winning.

2 hours ago, Col said:

Howarth & Wells (if signed by Wolves) will improve their relatively poor starting averages I'm sure. As would Thorsell.

Becker is going to be very hit & miss until he settles, having a familiar face around in Wells in the team can only help.

Masters is a reasonable heatleader on a reasonable average. Still of an age where he can improve.

Reasonable 1, 2, 3, 4 & 6. 5 is key. Assume 7 will be Morris or Greaves, which is OK, but not match winning.

Ashley Morris for me, Nathan to Ipswich?

• Like 1

Becker looks to be an exciting signing. We know what we would get from having Morris and Greaves at 6 and 7, but we don't know what we are going to get from Becker. Things may not work out and we could be looking for a replacement mid season. But he seems to be a good prospect and if after settling in he can get to the point of regularly having the beating of opposition reserves, that would be a real boost to the team.

I suspect a top 5 of Thorsell, Masters, Morris, Howarth and Wells. That gives a fairly strong all round team and one where all 7 are capable of improving their average.

Just a question of whether we would have enough heat winners away from home.

Am I correct in saying that if 6 of our riders are Thorsell, Masters, N.Morris, Howarth, Wells and Becker, that we still will have over 5 points left for a 7th rider?

1 hour ago, DJWolves said:

Am I correct in saying that if 6 of our riders are Thorsell, Masters, N.Morris, Howarth, Wells and Becker, that we still will have over 5 points left for a 7th rider?

Yes should be between 4.5 and 5.5 to play with working it out roughly.

3 hours ago, DJWolves said:

I can’t see Morris being at Wolves now we’ve Doyle. His average is a bargain & I can’t see why we wouldn’t use him. 

Agree about Nick.

Can't see him leaving Swindon.

Richard Lawson could be a good option if we decide to build more solid. 

3 minutes ago, superguest said:

Richard Lawson could be a good option if we decide to build more solid. 

Will be riding a broomstick next season I believe.