British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

On 11/30/2018 at 6:59 PM, DJWolves said:

The averages on the Speedwaygb website look slightly different to some I have seen quoted on here.

Masters 8.11

Schlein 7.92

Thorsell 7.25

N.Morris 6.60

Howarth 4.96

Becker 4.00

A. Morris 3.66

TOTAL 42.50

Isn’t Nicks average 6.43 with his reduction?

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Isn’t Nicks average 6.43 with his reduction?

No because he shouldnt get a reduction

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No because he shouldnt get a reduction

Thought he ride in the 3rd tier??

23 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

As Ive stated on various other threads

We all know what the real intention of the reg is - to assist British riders

It just needs the correct composition in order to exclude those that did indded start in the 3rd tier but whos status would not now meet the entry qualification

Anyone calling for the reduction to apply to the Aussie in their side is just perpetuating the self interest and manipulation that is at the core of the sports issues

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As Ive stated on various other threads

We all know what the real intention of the reg is - to assist British riders

It just needs the correct composition in order to exclude those that did indded start in the 3rd tier but whos status would not now meet the entry qualification

Anyone calling for the reduction to apply to the Aussie in their side is just perpetuating the self interest and manipulation that is at the core of the sports issues

If I'm right Morris parents are British coming from Cradley area .Not sure if that classes him differently.

32 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

If I'm right Morris parents are British coming from Cradley area .Not sure if that classes him differently.

Certainly could - depends on his passport status

I'm happy to admit I didn't realise his British links were first relation

36 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

His dad is British but Wendy is most certainly an Aussie you couldn't get a more Aussie sounding woman.....Great one too 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Buxton in 2010

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

Nick Morris is an Australian international. His allegiances have been assigned and can no longer qualify as a duel national.

17 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nick Morris is an Australian international. His allegiances have been assigned and can no longer qualify as a duel national.

Well he IS a dual national or are you responsible for deciding he isnt??

1 minute ago, hagonshocker said:

Well he IS a dual national or are you responsible for deciding he isnt??

Yes, he has dual nationality, but that has no effect on his 2.5% reduction.  He gets the 2.5% reduction because he's ridden in the NDL for Buxton.

4 hours ago, Wolfie456 said:

I have no problem with a bit of spoon blood now and then in the team ), would be a cracking signing

Nick Morris on a very low average compared to what we seen he can do and defo around Monmore would be a great signing!!!!! and we look brilliant thus far..........and for once not cause we signed more riders than others so early on :P

On 11/28/2018 at 8:51 PM, hyabb17 said:

I can’t see Morris being at Wolves now we’ve Doyle. His average is a bargain & I can’t see why we wouldn’t use him. 

Under normal circumstance it would be foolish to release the rider. However if the rider wants away, there is not much you can do about it.

At the recent Wolves talk-in CVS was asked about Nick Morris. I quote "If Nick Morris ever became available, I would be first in the queue". Make of that what you will.

• Like 1