British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

57 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

Under normal circumstance it would be foolish to release the rider. However if the rider wants away, there is not much you can do about it.

At the recent Wolves talk-in CVS was asked about Nick Morris. I quote "If Nick Morris ever became available, I would be first in the queue". Make of that what you will.

Absolutely, disappointed that Nick wants a year away especially with his average being low but I agree, No point in keeping someone who wants away.

You will have a decent signing for the season on that average assuming it’s Wolves he’s off too. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Absolutely, disappointed that Nick wants a year away especially with his average being low but I agree, No point in keeping someone who wants away.

You will have a decent signing for the season on that average assuming it’s Wolves he’s off too. 

Must be money or a fall out

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

Must be money or a fall out

More likely the inconsistent state of the Swindon track, each week it was different, and it would do him good to ride on a smaller track for a year.
I would expect to see him return in 2020 

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

More likely the inconsistent state of the Swindon track, each week it was different, and it would do him good to ride on a smaller track for a year.
I would expect to see him return in 2020 

I wouldn't on an 8 ;)

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wouldn't on an 8 ;)

He would need to drop his average towards the end of the season, the same as many riders did this year.

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

He would need to drop his average towards the end of the season, the same as many riders did this year.

And he did. But helped himself rather than Swindon.

Just now, Bald Bloke said:

And he did. But helped himself rather than Swindon.

Swindon was screwed when we lost a decent reserve more than Nicks scores.

12 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

As Ive stated on various other threads

We all know what the real intention of the reg is - to assist British riders

It just needs the correct composition in order to exclude those that did indded start in the 3rd tier but whos status would not now meet the entry qualification

Anyone calling for the reduction to apply to the Aussie in their side is just perpetuating the self interest and manipulation that is at the core of the sports issues

It does need clarifying as it should really only apply to British riders. However as Nick COULD have chosen to ride for GB due to his dual heritage I think it’s a given he will qualify. Rightly or wrongly.

9 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Buxton in 2010

Thanks, couldn’t remember which team it was.

If I remember rightly, Nick did actually choose to ride as British but someone refused him permission to ride in some meeting and he ended up riding as an Aussie.

I can't remember the exact details, but Gary Patchet was quite vocal about it at the time.

Anyway, Nick now confirmed at Wolves.

With Morris joining on 6.60. Wolverhampton must be strong contenders already.

Masters, Schlein, Thorssell. Morris, Howarth.

the last two on bargain averages

• Haha 1

Looks a pretty poor team so far... surprising as Wolves normally put together good sides 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Masters, Schlein, Thorssell. Morris, Howarth.

Neither Thorsell nor Schlien are confirmed.  Knowing how Wolves usually build their teams I'd be surprised if both were signed, Thorsell more likely in my opinion.