British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

4 minutes ago, Col said:

Totally dependent on Pawlicki I would suggest.  If Thorsell is retained as expected, if Pawlicki is available there is no room for Wells, if Pawlicki decides he is only riding in Poland in 2019 (without an Elitserien berth) then I suspect Wolves will go with a Wells and a more balanced 1-7, Howarth at reserve which could leave them vulnerable in heats 13 & 15.

I think Thorsell will kick on this season he came back from a bad injury last season and a part from Doyle not that many heat leaders to beat in heat 13 &15

52 minutes ago, Col said:

Totally dependent on Pawlicki I would suggest.  If Thorsell is retained as expected, if Pawlicki is available there is no room for Wells, if Pawlicki decides he is only riding in Poland in 2019 (without an Elitserien berth) then I suspect Wolves will go with a Wells and a more balanced 1-7, Howarth at reserve which could leave them vulnerable in heats 13 & 15.

Agreed, if Pawlicki is available I would go with him and Jacob with Ashley Morris at reserve, if not then Jacob and Wells but the trouble with that is who is available with what's left, would be someone like Richie Worrall. Not nearly as strong in my opinion.

If Wells is in with Thorsell it would leave 5.93 (6.09 with 2.5%) I believe.  Richie Worrall, Kerr, Wright, Palm Toft, Wilson-Dean or Garrity seem to fit from the riders with Premiership averages from 2018 meaning Howarth starts at reserve.

If Howarth and Becker were the reserves then its difficult to imagine a stronger reserve pairing in the league. The likes of Swindon and Belle Vue are going to be quite weak at 6 and 7 given how many points they will have to play with.

A top 5 of Thorsell, Masters, Morris, Wells and Worrall would hold their own, with the likelihood of Worrall and Howarth alternating between riding at 2 and 6 as their averages get a boost from riding at reserve.

Just need Jacob and Nick to put their disappointing 2018 scores behind them and ride to their capabilities.

31 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Agreed, if Pawlicki is available I would go with him and Jacob with Ashley Morris at reserve, if not then Jacob and Wells but the trouble with that is who is available with what's left, would be someone like Richie Worrall. Not nearly as strong in my opinion.

Not sure Ash would fit in averages would be Pawlicki Thorseell and Greaves.

19 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Not sure Ash would fit in averages would be Pawlicki Thorseell and Greaves.

Depends which averages are used, if Becker is 4 not 5 and Pawlicki comes in on his old average, or re-assessed to 8, then Ashley would fit.

Sam Masters  8.11

Kyle Howarth  4.86

Piotr Pawlicki  7.32 or 8.00

Nick Morris    6.60

Jacob Thorssell   7.25

Luke Becker    4.00

Ashley Morris  3.57

Total = 41.71 or 42.39

Or Rory Schlein in place of Pawlicki would total 42.31

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Col said:

This is Wolves thread, right? Not Belle Vue? Signed: Masters 8.11, Morris (6.74*0.975=) 6.58, Howarth (5.16*0.975=) 5.03 and Becker 4.00.

Wolves have 18.78 left for 3 riders?

no deduction for morris has to be british not aussie !!

Cant see the argument for Nick Morris getting a deduction really. I know he could be considered partly british through his parents but I don't think its logical to give someone that rides for the Australian national team a deduction for being british. That's against the whole principle of why the deduction exists

• Like 1

Looks like a solid start for Wolves. Morris will soon get dialled in and the significant home advantage should guarantee that he improves his average. He should also do better away after his poor season this year but I'm less convinced about that.

I think the Pawlicki connection is fantasy league stuff. Would love him back, thought he was superb in his 1 season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

Cant see the argument for Nick Morris getting a deduction really. I know he could be considered partly british through his parents but I don't think its logical to give someone that rides for the Australian national team a deduction for being british. That's against the whole principle of why the deduction exists

I would guess it depends if the person in question has a British passport or not. If not then no reduction should be given

1 minute ago, Beowulf said:

I think the Pawlicki connection is fantasy league stuff. Would love him back, thought he was superb in his 1 season.

Well we do know he's been approached and doesn't appear to be riding Sweden next year, unlikely maybe but not fantasy league stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I would guess it depends if the person in question has a British passport or not. If not then no reduction should be given

The deduction has nothing to do with where you're born or what passport you have.   It's a deduction for riders who started in the NL.    Morris rode NL for Buxton, so should get his deduction.

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

Well we do know he's been approached and doesn't appear to be riding Sweden next year, unlikely maybe but not fantasy league stuff.

At the talk-in, they said he hadn't replied to their communication, which I assume was phone/text. So at that stage, not very hopeful !

2 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

The deduction has nothing to do with where you're born or what passport you have.   It's a deduction for riders who started in the NL.    Morris rode NL for Buxton, so should get his deduction.

Oh, I thought it was just British riders