British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Oh, I thought it was just British riders

It all depends upon the wording of the rule, does it say only Brits and what does it say about those with dual nationality.

7 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Oh, I thought it was just British riders

Quote from the AGM Statement:

" (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average) "

• Like 1

Just now, CottonOn said:

Quote from the AGM Statement:

" (NB to support the progression of riders who have progressed through the National Development League, all riders will receive a 2.5% reduction in their average) "

Yes I stand corrected that is the rule so it will apply to N.Morris, Howarth and A.Morris. What a shame Thorsell and Masters didn't have a year in the National League

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

Yes I stand corrected that is the rule so it will apply to N.Morris, Howarth and A.Morris. What a shame Thorsell and Masters didn't have a year in the National League

Now you're being plain greedy:D

23 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

At the talk-in, they said he hadn't replied to their communication, which I assume was phone/text. So at that stage, not very hopeful !

Agreed but just reading between the lines as CVS needs more time to assess  his options before any further announcements. I would have thought Jacob would be guaranteed on his current average

5 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Agreed but just reading between the lines as CVS needs more time to assess  his options before any further announcements. I would have thought Jacob would be guaranteed on his current average

Agreed.

1 hour ago, geoff58 said:

no deduction for morris has to be british not aussie !!

Wrong.

1. He has dual nationality.

2. And more importantly he rode in the 3rd tier so of course he qualifies.

understanding the rules helps.

41 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Wrong.

1. He has dual nationality.

2. And more importantly he rode in the 3rd tier so of course he qualifies.

understanding the rules helps.

Knowing exactly what the rule says will help even more. The press release may or may not be what eventually ends up in the rule book.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Knowing exactly what the rule says will help even more. The press release may or may not be what eventually ends up in the rule book.

Is that like many published new rules when they realise they have screwed up again,  they ought to get someone who can check out and construct rules which cover all the options. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Is that like many published new rules when they realise they have screwed up again,  they ought to get someone who can check out and construct rules which cover all the options. 

Indeed - they need to be clear in what they want to achieve and construct the reg accordingly

Is it competed in the 3rd tier

Is it British passport holders

Is it those elligible to ride for GB internationally

And if one contadicts another which has the override 

In many ways it doesnt matter which current riders would be included/excluded as it should be the principle that is important not the individual

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

Looks like a solid start for Wolves. Morris will soon get dialled in and the significant home advantage should guarantee that he improves his average. He should also do better away after his poor season this year but I'm less convinced about that.

He will do considerably better as he won't, at least initially be riding at No 1 which was a major reason for his average dropping.. exactly the same with Thorssell.

He won't take any dialling in to Monmore, he is as good as most there already.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Based on how Morris perfumed at Lakeside last year I would say that Wolves is a great move for both rider and club.  If Morris is given a good racing surface ( which he will get at Wolves) he will be a very entertaining rider to watch I am sure. Pretty good gater, and decent overtaker when he doesn't make the start.. He rapidly became one of my favourite riders last season.  He also seems very professional in his set up.  Its only the poor racing surface at Swindon last season that kept his average down after a few bad knocks caused by the track. I wish Nick and Wolves well for the season.

• Like 2

The vast majority of riders become more familiar with a track when it becomes their home track. Even if they have previously done well there, they get more dialled in. Particularly, when it is a track with a significant home advantage. Morris will be no exception and will improve on the 7.27 he averaged in his two Swindon meetings at Monmore last season. I will be surprised if he doesn't average at least 8/9 at home.

Coincidentally, last season he also averaged 7.27 at Blunsdon but only 6.85 away. That to me shows that it wasn't just his problems with the Swindon track that adversely affected him last year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, E I Addio said:

Based on how Morris perfumed at Lakeside

He stunk the place out?

• Haha 3