British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

11 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I think the Pawlicki connection is fantasy league stuff. Would love him back, thought he was superb in his 1 season.

It's not fantasy and is an option any team would consider as he is not only entertaining but also capable of being one of the best in the league.  However including Piotr would mean no return for one of Jacob or Rory and one is almost part of the family and one considered by the management as the backbone of the club on and off the track.

if he is looking at Britain as a way of getting more meetings then he will surely be a target of another track if Wolves don't take him on or could they use him as part of a swap deal with another club ? Whoever they get they will have a solid top four all capable of good scores and in Becker and Howarth they have potential to improve and without much pressure. 

Basically they hey have exchanged two mediocre riders in Jonas B Andersen and Nathan Greaves for two Internationals of Nick Morris and Luke Becker which is a big improvement on the 2018 team that lacked back up to the top three. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

It's not fantasy and is an option any team would consider as he is not only entertaining but also capable of being one of the best in the league.  However including Piotr would mean no return for one of Jacob or Rory and one is almost part of the family and one considered by the management as the backbone of the club on and off the track.

if he is looking at Britain as a way of getting more meetings then he will surely be a target of another track if Wolves don't take him on or could they use him as part of a swap deal with another club ? Whoever they get they will have a solid top four all capable of good scores and in Becker and Howarth they have potential to improve and without much pressure. 

Basically they hey have exchanged two mediocre riders in Jonas B Andersen and Nathan Greaves for two Internationals of Nick Morris and Luke Becker which is a big improvement on the 2018 team that lacked back up to the top three. 

Not sure anyone in the UK can afford what Pawlicki thinks he's worth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wtf said:

Not sure anyone in the UK can afford what Pawlicki thinks he's worth

Poole apparently could this year. 

Nikolai Klindt advertising on twitter that he needs a new England based mechanic, ideally from the Wolverhampton area. I presume that's just because he lives round here and there's nothing more to be read into that?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

Nikolai Klindt advertising on twitter that he needs a new England based mechanic, ideally from the Wolverhampton area. I presume that's just because he lives round here and there's nothing more to be read into that?

Maybe to act as driver & mechanic to get him to and from meetings as well as mechanic for him. Would make sense.

29 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Maybe to act as driver & mechanic to get him to and from meetings as well as mechanic for him. Would make sense.

Chris Trattles was his mechanic this year, I assume he's going to Luke Becker

1 hour ago, DJWolves said:

One can only hope.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Back at Poole I think.

I bloomin' well hope so !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Beowulf said:

I bloomin' well hope so !

You don't enjoy watching Klindt's amazing racing skills & wholehearted gutsy performances weekly?

What's wrong with you?

• Haha 3

Nicolai will be back at Poole but lives close to Wolverhampton and personally think he has matured as a rider now and he actually averaged just under 8 points a meeting this season but rolling averages keep him at 6.61 and Poole have been very happy with him since becoming an asset. Would have liked Klindt and Wells but both sold and obviously no longer of interest to the club.

The team for 2019 looks to ressemble the 2018 team but by replacing JBA and Greaves with Nick Morris and Luke Becker they have made the team much more stronger and think they will be one of the front runners next season, its just a shame its only against the same six teams over and over again with no variety and just 12 home meetings all season hardly gets the blood rushing.  Hope the track is being relayed as like many it needs big work on the safety aspect and no longer creates great racing.

Klindt, fomerly a 4/6 shot to return to Poole has seen his odds drift right out to 16/1 following TNT's declaration he will be at Poole :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Klindt, fomerly a 4/6 shot to return to Poole has seen his odds drift right out to 16/1 following TNT's declaration he will be at Poole :)

Are you taking bets then

put me down for a tenner

59 minutes ago, T.N.T. said:

Are you taking bets then

put me down for a tenner

I'm afraid your account has been closed after consultation with the traders. The decision is non-negotiable.