British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would quedtion that as my understanding is that a rider cannot hold their own registration and that it must be in the control of a registered promoter

Not sure about that as I am sure Jason Crump bought and owned his own contract.  It would make sense for all riders to refuse to sign ownership contracts and just sign for a club for a specific period, the same as most self employed people do.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Not sure about that as I am sure Jason Crump bought and owned his own contract.  It would make sense for all riders to refuse to sign ownership contracts and just sign for a club for a specific period.

I believe it was previously possible but the loophole closed when it was seen that it would be very advantageous to riders and effectively end the 'asset' system which underpins the promoters position

Edit

An perfect up to date example is Drew Kemp. I understand he ideally only wanted to sign a 3 month contract to ride for Ipswich at the end of 2018 but it was ruled he had to sign his registration over to a club or not be alliwed to ride

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I believe it was previously possible but the loophole closed when it was seen that it would be very advantageous to riders and effectively end the 'asset' system which underpins the promoters position

Which is why the riders are daft to sign such contracts, if they all stood together and refused to sign the present contracts they would have a bit more clout.  If they are happy to be "owned" by a promoter and told what they can and cannot do then that is up to them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Which is why the riders are daft to sign such contracts, if they all stood together and refused to sign the present contracts they would have a bit more clout.  If they are happy to be "owned" by a promoter and told what they can and cannot do then that is up to them.

I agree AO

Would only work if they all did it - a few on their own would simply be frozen out

• Like 1

Can riders from 16 years of age just refuse to sign any contract so not be an asset of any club?

Obviously I’m not including current riders already signed up.

39 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Can riders from 16 years of age just refuse to sign any contract so not be an asset of any club?

Obviously I’m not including current riders already signed up.

No as per my edit which I hadnt finished before AOs reply

Rory Schlein is a King's Lynn asset

6 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

No as per my edit which I hadnt finished before AOs reply

Outdated system then!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I would quedtion that as my understanding is that a rider cannot hold their own registration and that it must be in the control of a registered promoter

Think it applies when the BSPA hold their registration due to track closure and riders can buy out their register which a few have done and Rory falls into that bracket so negotiations are straight with the rider, not a promoter than no longer promotes

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Rory Schlein is a King's Lynn asset

Don't think so

12 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Think it applies when the BSPA hold their registration due to track closure and riders can buy out their register which a few have done and Rory falls into that bracket so negotiations are straight with the rider, not a promoter than no longer promotes

Which if correct makes a new rider (or any other rider for that matter) not being allowed to illegal surely......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Which if correct makes a new rider (or any other rider for that matter) not being allowed to illegal surely......

New riders sign for a club in the league and operating .

remember it's not ownership it's holding the registration 

1 minute ago, INCOGNITO said:

New riders sign for a club in the league and operating .

remember it's not ownership it's holding the registration 

Irrelevant

If a rider can buy their own registration from the BSPA then why shouldnt a new rider retain their own registration from the outset

15 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Irrelevant

If a rider can buy their own registration from the BSPA then why shouldnt a new rider retain their own registration from the outset

If enough of the existing riders ignore and dump the registration then new ones could refuse to sign one.  If the majority did it the bspa would have to accept it or run with a couple of clubs.  The rest could form their own leagues and continue riding.