British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

1 hour ago, INCOGNITO said:

Don't think so

Definitely 100% is. King's Lynn wasn't allowed to sign Schlein unless we bought him at the time from Coventry. 

Becker, North American champion. Beat Novratil & Wells in a run off.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wolfsbane said:

Becker, North American champion. Beat Novratil & Wells in a run off.

Not to be confused with the US Open (champion Aaron Fox), the AMA American Championship (won by Billy Janniro) or the US National Championship (also held by Billy Janniro)

!!!

• Thanks 1

What average is Jacob??? if low enough do we think it'll be him and maybe Greaves for the last two spots?? 

me personally I would loan out Jacob for a year let him learn another track and hopefully help him improve on away form.....or if we can have the Jacob we had when he was flying at number 4 season before last?? needs a big boost of self confidence but understandable why shattered following his nasty injury

I presume Jacob will be confirmed and if so then we do have a very strong top 5. Cant believe many team would have a stronger pair of second strings than Morris and Howarth.

Ashley Morris looks the best bet for number 7 although Greaves is still improving

• Like 1

8.11 Masters

7.92 Schlein

6.60 Morris

4.84 Howarth

4.00 Becker

31.47 leaves 11.03 for last two. 

Everyone expects Thorssell 7.25 and Morris 3.57 (42.29) as the gaps in the team but after a troubled season is Jacob looking for a year out or are Wolves looking at giving him a year elsewhere. With Masters and Sclein signed they have two heat leaders and have Morris as a potential third, do they need four ?

Wells 5.77 and 5.26 would give four solid riders and a strong reserve pairing, but can't see it. Would they go for another big hitter and are they ready to bring back Pawlicki and fit Tom Bacon in at number seven ? Is Craig Cook an option on 7.54 or Jack Holder 7.39 to add another Down Under hero to the team.

odds are its going to be Jacob and Ashley, but wouldn't you expect Jacob to be one of the first to be signed if he is returning ?

Surely we can't be stupid enough to give him a year elsewhere.

They may all have agreed some time ago, just spacing out the announcements.

Edited by BWitcher

Jacob is part of the furniture at Wolves and almost a part of the Adams Family so I would expect him to be back but Pete Adams would know if Jacob needed a change or wanted a change and would advise him which way to go.

Think it's almost certainly going to be Jacob next revealed and it would take some going to get Cook accepted at Monmore

4 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Surely we can't be stupid enough to give him a year elsewhere.

They may all have agreed some time ago, just spacing out the announcements.

What - like Swindon were stupid to let Morris go on a bargain average?

I think Thorssell has to stay Wolves need to make there home track a fortress again.Considering his nasty injury i felt Jacob had a reasonable year and will improve again in 2019 the side assembled so far will take some beating at home.