British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

Swindon wanted Doyle back then chose Musielak and Bachelor ahead of Morris. Nick had quite a disappointing 2018 so I don't think it was a surprise that he is leaving there.

I don't think its quite the same with Thorsell. He too took a backward step in 2018 and I think most of us expected he would average more than 7.25. The question now for Wolves to me is not just that he is on a low average so we should keep him, its that can we really get anyone better on a similar average. We could bring in Craig Cook or maybe go for a more all round team and have Ricky Wells. But I don't think either are a better option than Jacob. I think of those three Jacob is the one most likely to improve  his average, and if there is one question mark against this Wolves team its whether they will win enough races away from home. And Jacob is quite capable of progressing to winning 2 or 3 races on most tracks. And if he got back to his 2017 level, he is capable of beating any rider in the world at Monmore Green. By the end of that season he was going round just as quickly as Freddie.

Cook joins Peterborough and Bjerre joins Aces so stay cool WOLVES fans 

Edited by T.N.T.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, T.N.T. said:

Thank the Lord for that :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, T.N.T. said:

Hurrah. I can’t see it ever likely that Jacob will be left out unless he wants a season away.

its either going to be a predictable announcement of the last 2 or a shock in store!

2 hours ago, DJWolves said:

He too took a backward step in 2018 and I think most of us expected he would average more than 7.25. 

No he didn't..

and yes, most fans haven't a clue and simply fail to grasp the difference between riding at No 4 and No 1.

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

No he didn't..

and yes, most fans haven't a clue and simply fail to grasp the difference between riding at No 4 and No 1.

I think most fans understood what a big step it was for him to take on the number one spot.

The problem was that the promotion bigged him up for the task and were confident he would do the job which raised everyone's most people's expectations.

• Like 1

I personally though Jacob would do much better than he did, didn’t under estimate the task of becoming a number one however which proved he isn’t that level yet.

Starting further down the averages (assuming he is returning) should see him back to the standard of 2017 although without the influence of Freddie he will struggle to top that.

I hope I’m wrong of course.

Not sure I agree with either bwitcher or stevebrum really

bwitcher doesn't seem to have grasped that Jacob was losing races in 2018 to people that he would have beaten by the length of the straight in 2017

But stevebrum I think Jacob will come back strong and will improve his average in 2019 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him top our averages

15 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

Not sure I agree with either bwitcher or stevebrum really

bwitcher doesn't seem to have grasped that Jacob was losing races in 2018 to people that he would have beaten by the length of the straight in 2017

But stevebrum I think Jacob will come back strong and will improve his average in 2019 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him top our averages

You've just shown you don't understand it at all in your answer.

How much he increases his average will depend on his riding position. If he starts at 5 he will increase a little.. if he starts at 3 or 4 he will increase a lot.

Edited by BWitcher

really liking the look of this team so far.

one worry that i think actually cost us last season is we don't have an out and out number 1 in the team like we have in the past few years with Freddie or Tai.

might not be so much of a worry this coming season as other than Doyle and maybe Iversen if he signs with KL i don't think there is another teams number 1 to worry about.

-------------------------------

:D Well at least your responses will have enabled people to grasp what an arrogant tw*t you are, even if they wont be convinced about your level of understanding

37 minutes ago, DJWolves said:

-------------------------------

:D Well at least your responses will have enabled people to grasp what an arrogant tw*t you are, even if they wont be convinced about your level of understanding

Not arrogant, just correct.

Your response just further emphasizes what I said. 

I'll give you a chance though, name these riders that he lost to in 2018 that he was beating by 'the length of the straight' in 2017. I'll give you some help, barring a mechanical issue or a fall there won't be a single one.

The difference between riding at No4 to riding at No 1 is around 1-2pts. Jacob's average fell by 0.72 (based on his average being 7.97 at start of year, not sure if that is the right figure). Based on that he at the very worst stayed the same, but realistically it appears he improved.

The difference in riding at 4 and 1 isn't just about the significant difference in the fourth ride either. It's the mindset and pressure of being No 1. It's the first race being off the outside gates and of course it's about confidence. 

Edited by BWitcher

17 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Not arrogant, just correct.

Your response just further emphasizes what I said. 

I'll give you a chance though, name these riders that he lost to in 2018 that he was beating by 'the length of the straight' in 2017. I'll give you some help, barring a mechanical issue or a fall there won't be a single one.

The difference between riding at No4 to riding at No 1 is around 1-2pts. Jacob's average fell by 0.72 (based on his average being 7.97 at start of year, not sure if that is the right figure). Based on that he at the very worst stayed the same, but realistically it appears he improved.

The difference in riding at 4 and 1 isn't just about the significant difference in the fourth ride either. It's the mindset and pressure of being No 1. It's the first race being off the outside gates and of course it's about confidence. 

He was actually 8.64 at the start of this year

18 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

He was actually 8.64 at the start of this year

Thanks Wolfie.. I'd forgotten how crazy it was to sign him in the first place on that average :)

So he went down 1.39.. which fits in with me stating (as I did before a wheel was turned last year) there is a 1-2pt difference between riding at 4 and 1. Plus of course factor in he was coming back from a nasty injury.

Keen to know who the riders are he was losing to in 2018 that he was beating by the length of the straight in 2017.. or are we to assume this is made up?

Edited by BWitcher