British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

On 12/16/2018 at 8:18 PM, DJWolves said:

I'd be amazed if the last two aren't Jacob and Ashley and barring a bad summer of injuries I would be surprised if that team missed out on the play offs

It will comfortably make the play offs because it’s pretty much unbeatable at monmore. That said, I do still fear for this wolves team on the road, as solid as it is, they still haven’t replaced Freddie. You need someone who can win the big races away and I don’t see it in this team. Like I said though, easily a play off team but like Swindon I think it will be just a touch short.

On 18 December 2018 at 8:31 AM, Wolfsbane said:

He should be on 7.03, it's only fair. We had to suffer whilst he was achieving it;):D

He was 7,03 when he rode for Wolves in 2016 and in those meetings he rode his actual average has therefore gone up due to those scores so 7.03 is not even a true figure. 

That at said he won't be returning even if he was 3.07 as he is not interested

On 18 December 2018 at 9:24 AM, foreverblue said:

I can't see Tai or Pawlicki  riding in the uk for the foreseeable future, too expensive at a time when some teams are cutting costs.

It's not so much the expense as they know they wouldn't get anything like the money they get in Poland, it's more to do with the tracks here not being up to standard. However Pawlicki has just Poland and if he returned here it would be to get meetings under his belt as he admitted he needed more meetings. 

11 hours ago, acef said:

It will comfortably make the play offs because it’s pretty much unbeatable at monmore. That said, I do still fear for this wolves team on the road, as solid as it is, they still haven’t replaced Freddie. You need someone who can win the big races away and I don’t see it in this team. Like I said though, easily a play off team but like Swindon I think it will be just a touch short.

Would you not consider Pawlicki as a rider that is a true number one and a rider capable of winning big races away.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

He was 7,03 when he rode for Wolves in 2016 and in those meetings he rode his actual average has therefore gone up due to those scores so 7.03 is not even a true figure. 

That at said he won't be returning even if he was 3.07 as he is not interested

It's not so much the expense as they know they wouldn't get anything like the money they get in Poland, it's more to do with the tracks here not being up to standard. However Pawlicki has just Poland and if he returned here it would be to get meetings under his belt as he admitted he needed more meetings. 

Can’t see how it can be standard of tracks a rider of his ability can ride any track. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, INCOGNITO said:

Would you not consider Pawlicki as a rider that is a true number one and a rider capable of winning big races away.

I’m working on the basis that you’ll complete with Thorssell and Morris. Jacob traditionally struggles on the road.

If it’s Pawliki then that changes everything. Easily the strongest team in the league.

If it’s like last year 36 points, equivalent to winning all your home meetings and you’re in the playoffs where injuries and ringers then win you the “league”.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acef said:

I’m working on the basis that you’ll complete with Thorssell and Morris. Jacob traditionally struggles on the road.

If it’s Pawliki then that changes everything. Easily the strongest team in the league.

Either way Wolves are very strong,Thorssell considering he was coming back from a nasty injury and riding in a tough no1 role it was not a disaster.Away he had four double figure scores and two paid double  figure scores out of 13 matches average .He can put at least half a point on his average Pawlicki well i am a big fan of his if they go that way they will be no worse off i love watching Piotr ride.I dont know if Wolves are banking on Howarth being at reserve? at home they will be a tough nut to crack.

Edited by Sidney the robin

2 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Either way Wolves are very strong,Thorssell considering he was coming back from a nasty injury and riding in a tough no1 role it was not a disaster.Away he had four double figure scores and two paid double  figure scores out of 13 matches average .He can put at least half a point on his average Pawlicki well i am a big fan of his if they go that way they will be no worse off i love watching Piotr ride.I dont know if Wolves are banking on Howarth being at reserve? at home they will be a tough nut to crack.

With Becker and the expected Ashley Morris at reserve, all things being equal, I would not expect any of the Top 5 including Howarth to drop to reserve.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beowulf said:

With Becker and the expected Ashley Morris at reserve, all things being equal, I would not expect any of the Top 5 including Howarth to drop to reserve.

That would certainly give Becker a chance to find his feet a decent opportunity for him.

5 hours ago, acef said:

Stronger than belle Vue .Surely not!

23 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

That would certainly give Becker a chance to find his feet a decent opportunity for him.

Lost his Polish team though which will certainly affect his income and race sharpness.

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Lost his Polish team though which will certainly affect his income and race sharpness.

May be get fixed up in the Championship to help him out.

5 minutes ago, fish keeper said:

May be get fixed up in the Championship to help him out.

There's only five places left (at Newcastle and Eastbourne) and no prospect of him being signed unless he could come in on a 5 average for Eastbourne (who might also have Nick Morris) instead of the anticipated Ben Morley.

6 hours ago, acef said:

Jacob was 6th best away average overall in 2017 so not traditional at all.

• Like 1