British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Perhaps he should have scored more points earlier in the meeting then his last race ef wouldn't have mattered.

That’s a strange logic. An ef is just an unfortunate occurrence 

21 minutes ago, acef said:

And they happen all the time that is why you have to make sure you ride at your MAXimum all the time to compensate for unfortunate occurrences.

27 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

And they happen all the time that is why you have to make sure you ride at your MAXimum all the time to compensate for unfortunate occurrences.

I’m sure max was riding at his maximum. Like I said, only an EF stopped him and there are fine margins in these qualifiers 

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Yet Masters gets the SGP pick ahead of Fricke for 2 years in a row?  I would say that they are about the same level with Max still expected to improve while Masters has probably reached his level.

They are not the same level. I can statistically prove that.

In the UK they have similar averages, however Sam’s is inflated because of where he ridden last season. He will start the season at 1, but I can guarantee he will not stay there. Max will. He earned his current average doing most of the season as a number 1.

Internationally there is literally no comparison and if people can’t see that then I’m afraid they can’t be helped.

11 minutes ago, acef said:

I’m sure max was riding at his maximum. Like I said, only an EF stopped him and there are fine margins in these qualifiers 

Why was he last in a previous race sounds a bit unprofessional to have two failures in such an important meeting.

9 minutes ago, acef said:

In the UK they have similar averages, however Sam’s is inflated because of where he ridden last season. He will start the season at 1, but I can guarantee he will not stay there. Max will. He earned his current average doing most of the season as a number 1.

Internationally there is literally no comparison and if people can’t see that then I’m afraid they can’t be helped.

I think Masters will stay at number one  in the Wolves team, I agree internationally Max has a better record and would always get the nod in a world cup or cup of nations team but there is no denying their averages are similar.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I think Masters will stay at number one  in the Wolves team, I agree internationally Max has a better record and would always get the nod in a world cup or cup of nations team but there is no denying their averages are similar.

Agreed, very little between them in the UK. What they both achieve at the end of 2019 is pure speculation and not fact anyway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I can’t deny their averages are similar but I can argue that theoretically they are, and that’s because of the position they were riding in their respective teams.

Sam has an inflated average. That they are so close when you consider max was a number 1, I think that paints a more accurate picture.

45 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why was he last in a previous race sounds a bit unprofessional to have two failures in such an important meeting.

He’s the consummate pro. It was just bad luck. Not his time but it will come.

2 hours ago, acef said:

There's no such thing as bad luck, just bad judgement.

58 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

A much closer comparison with masters is tungate.

The bspa website has masters rolling average as 8.44 compared to tungate on 8.39. I'd give masters the nod over tungate but taking the figures at face value, like some do when eulogising over decent job's 2017 average, there really is nothing to choose between them.

The difference between fricke and masters is similar to the difference between masters and klindt. While klindt had a really good season I wouldn't consider him comparable to masters. 

Now there's food for thought, klindt back at wolves instead of decent job next season?

Three chances of Klint being at Wolves: Zero, None and Dog's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

There's no such thing as bad luck, just bad judgement.

Ok

5 minutes ago, acef said:

Ok

If Fricke's or say Lindgren's pit crew messed up, it someone's fault. It's not bad luck:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, acef said:

Yet Masters was picked twice ahead of Max for the SGP wild card!

They are both good riders of similar abilities - but you seem unwilling to accept  that.  Anyway - Doyley is better than both of them :wink:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Yet Masters was picked twice ahead of Max for the SGP wild card!

They are both good riders of similar abilities - but you seem unwilling to accept  that.  Anyway - Doyley is better than both of them :wink:

Conversely you appear unwilling to accept that they are not of similar ability.

Lets just agree to disagree.