British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

49 minutes ago, acef said:

Indeed.

If we ridden on paper tracks we may as well close the betting on Peterborough.

Of course in reality, and to those with a little more knowledge, know that it won’t necessarily play that way on the track ;-)

Panthers found that out in the championship in 2018 . Finished top of the league but won nothing apart from the fours  so I really don't think your superior knowledge of how the season will pan out  means anything  as we are all well aware of the pitfalls along the way  , you are happy with you're side  and Panthers fans are happy with ours end of , so enjoy the season ahead and forget about the bragging rites as they mean nothing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fred Flange said:

I'm surprised to read that you're not disappointed after being snubbed by woffinden and lindgren, not so much pawlicki.

As a Wolves fan I will be as you say be '"disappointed" at no Lindgren etc. It must be similar to Belle Vue fans who will miss Zagar, Cooke, Tungate etc as they enter the sterile surroundings of the National Diversity Stadium after being ripped for £3 parking, frisked for taking food in and finding such limited VFM catering inside.

Whoops looks like I've taken the bait ..... Will try better Next Year. 

Pip pip, Lefty

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Lefty said:

As a Wolves fan I will be as you say be '"disappointed" at no Lindgren etc. It must be similar to Belle Vue fans who will miss Zagar, Cooke, Tungate etc as they enter the sterile surroundings of the National Diversity Stadium after being ripped for £3 parking, frisked for taking food in and finding such limited VFM catering inside.

Whoops looks like I've taken the bait ..... Will try better Next Year. 

Pip pip, Lefty

Yes you took the bait, he realises very few if any clubs in this country can afford riders like Woffinden etc. Just on his usual wind up and dislike of everything Wolves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes you took the bait, he realises very few if any clubs in this country can afford riders like Woffinden etc. Just on his usual wind up and dislike of everything Wolves. 

Absolutely correct. Belle Vue haven't got a pot to p**s in and can't even afford GP failure Cook.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Fred Flange said:

What an odd post? (hence the creepy like, and the probable rubbisht stirring post, puke!)

Yes, I imagine most Aces fans are gutted at having to change the team due to the points limit (cook would still be at Belle Vue but for the minimum 3.0 average though?) and not being able to afford Zagars £4k a meeting, but the dire financial plight caused by frn is fully acknowledged by most Aces fans.

Wolves fans became very abusive (as usual, the creep liked it a lot though, lol!) in Nov 17 when I correctly predicted (as usual, lol!) that lindgren would be binned off and there was no chance of woffinden or pawlicki returning, and that thorsell would be no.1 because they didn't have a pot to piss in.

I assumed wolves were in a similar (if not worse?) poor financial position to The Aces, especially after Adams unprecedented moan on the radio about the crap supporters, but that was roundly shouted down by those wolves fans who are itk. 

If we had crowds like some say wolves pack into that little terrace I'd be wanting to know why the money the fans generate isn't being spent to get the big names back particularly now the disastrous fixed race nights has removed one  of the pathetic excuses for not racing here. 

Nobody is 'frisked' going into Belle Vue, if you are carrying a bag it will be checked. 

Like your fallacious comment about being 'frisked', the comments about parking and catering say far more about you than they do about Belle Vue, neither are compulsory, you only get ripped off if you choose to pay the price, doh!

Please tell me what your beef is with all things Wolverhampton it is all getting very petty and childish now .Just stay in your own room if you not like us.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

Please tell me what your beef is with all things Wolverhampton it is all getting very petty and childish now .Just stay in your own room if you not like us.

The guys a complete ‘creep’. His obsession with Stevebrum is pretty worrying 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fred Flange said:

What an odd post ....

Like your fallacious comment about being 'frisked'..... doh!

Fallacious?   Ooooh, suck on that one!  :)

• Haha 1

Indeed ,

Although i don't think its a question of 'knowledge'  to realise that titles aren't won on paper ?

Just common sense ...

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

The odious one is on quite a roll. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, therefused said:

Haters gotta hate. And be personal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Panthers found that out in the championship in 2018 . Finished top of the league but won nothing apart from the fours  so I really don't think your superior knowledge of how the season will pan out  means anything  as we are all well aware of the pitfalls along the way  , you are happy with you're side  and Panthers fans are happy with ours end of , so enjoy the season ahead and forget about the bragging rites as they mean nothing.

I have no superior knowledge. I was being very general with that statement. 

19 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

This side with a terrific top four will take some beating at home, they also will pick points up on the road.Wolves and Swindon have assembled the best two sides at the moment with Belle Vue close up. Don't know what all the fuss is about the Dad's Army Peterborough side can't see that ageing team winning the title.

The only fuss I can see seems to be coming from certain opposing teams fans , and your  Dads Army comment I think is very disrespectful to those riders concerned considering they have been entertaining fans for a number of years with a fair amount of success to show for it. For myself I am very happy with the team assembled and take nothing for granted as long as I am entertained in the right manner and as long as it is competitive I will be more than happy .

• Like 2

That's a tasty looking team. If Becker is anywhere near as good at speedway as his dad was at tennis, it's going to be top drawer. Get him on the faggots and peas early doors.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Beowulf said:

Absolutely correct. Belle Vue haven't got a pot to p**s in and can't even afford GP failure Cook.

what a load crap you idiot all  cvs & adams admitted last year wolves struggling crowds down !! well guess what won't be any different next season watching that lot on a piss poor track with piss poor racing wouldn't pay £18 to watch that every week gaters paradise !! i begrudge paying that when i go to watch the ACES there !! the beat visit their last season was to see mark riss deck cocky masters :rofl: :party:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

The only fuss I can see seems to be coming from certain opposing teams fans , and your  Dads Army comment I think is very disrespectful to those riders concerned considering they have been entertaining fans for a number of years with a fair amount of success to show for it. For myself I am very happy with the team assembled and take nothing for granted as long as I am entertained in the right manner and as long as it is competitive I will be more than happy .

To be honest my first thoughts were it reminded me very much of the teams Rye House were putting together.. which some ranked highly, but in fact was an aging team on the decline.

Of course, that isn't to say they won't all click and have a cracking season. Certainly has strength in depth.