British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

Shame to hear about Jacob, especially this close to the start of the season, hope he heals quickly, quality rider.

2 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

It's his Dads I thought?

Nope, Tommy runs a grasstrack/speedway spares van - RTN Racing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

My mistake :rolleyes: Guy Nicholls. I thought he was related to Scott.  

https://www.eadt.co.uk/business/former-owner-of-ipswich-based-fork-rent-launches-tru-plant-1-5412116

Uncle

• Like 1

Let’s hope Nick is ok after pulling out of yesterday’s Ben Fund after 2 races. Last thing we need is another injury worry.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Let’s hope Nick is ok after pulling out of yesterday’s Ben Fund after 2 races. Last thing we need is another injury worry.

Rather have them in April than September;)

I think the Jacob injury is a huge blow for Wolves . In my opinion you are losing a heat leader and replacing him with a second string. As much as i like Scotty and i am not having a pop at him i just feel that Jacob is a superior rider to him these days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Think he was ok just having one of them days went nothing goes right. As a spectator would put it down to the track nasty blue line on bend one and two and a few inches over a load of dirt.

Sportowfacty reporting Morris broken his hand in test match against Toruń 

Edited by DWP

This is where speedway promotions (not just Wolves) just do themselves no favours whatsoever. There's been stories of Morris having a possible broken scaphoid doing the rounds for the last 24 hours. Word from the official site on the situation, there was none.

Now it may well be that it can't be reported one way or the other as if, for instance, he has broken it, they'll need to wait for the swelling to go down to confirm.

But for God's sake a few lines on the OS explaining the situation 'he's going for x-rays tomorrow/he's ok' would be fine. 

It's almost as though they take some kind of perverse pleasure in keeping people in the dark.

They've never come to terms with this interweb thingy.

• Like 2

It hasn't been reported yet because it is still unclear if the injury will have any impact on when Nick rides for Wolves. I think he is doubtful for the challenge against Brum but could well be ok for the first home meeting against Peterborough.

Nick just wanted to rest it for a week or so and then see how he goes after a practice later this week.

24 minutes ago, BrizHeathen said:

It hasn't been reported yet because it is still unclear if the injury will have any impact on when Nick rides for Wolves. I think he is doubtful for the challenge against Brum but could well be ok for the first home meeting against Peterborough.

Nick just wanted to rest it for a week or so and then see how he goes after a practice later this week.

That's great. Shame the Wolves promotion don't share it on the official site.

#mushroommanagement

Again!

• Like 3

Thorsell just been interviewed on Polish tv and said he hopes to be riding in two weeks.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:17 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Thorsell just been interviewed on Polish tv and said he hopes to be riding in two weeks.

Hopefully not for Wolves - we don't want him back until he is fully fit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, magnificentseven said:

Hopefully not for Wolves - we don't want him back until he is fully fit

After his lies it won't be his choice. If CVS sticks to his principles then Thorssell won't be at Monmore in 2019.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfsbane said:

After his lies it won't be his choice. If CVS sticks to his principles then Thorssell won't be at Monmore in 2019.

Lies?

Please can you elaborate. 

• Like 1