British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

Forgot to say CVS said on Tuesday the draft fixtures for BT sport have us on 4 times (2 home, 2 away meetings). Better than the 1 appearance last year

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Also nice to see Becker pick up his 1st heat win, and Kyle performing well also.

Think Becker will struggle in the top flight this year he could probably have done with a season in the Championship this year,

35 minutes ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

Think Becker will struggle in the top flight this year he could probably have done with a season in the Championship this year,

Difficult to say really, I would expect him to improve as the season progresses but may struggle to start with.

Interestingly on Tuesday he said he prefers racing on big tracks as opposed to tight technical ones so will be interesting to see his progression at Monmore.

Ashley Morris looks to be a great signing for Birmingham by the way.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Difficult to say really, I would expect him to improve as the season progresses but may struggle to start with.

Interestingly on Tuesday he said he prefers racing on big tracks as opposed to tight technical ones so will be interesting to see his progression at Monmore.

Ashley Morris looks to be a great signing for Birmingham by the way.

Your probably right buddy . I thought Nathan and Max rode well hopefully they can really kick on this season and maybe find a top flight spot somewhere.

• Like 1

No Nick tomorrow night, quelle surprise.

No report on the official site again, quelle surprise.

I was right when Nick's injury was first reported, nothing on the OS. 

No surprise.

With a great team this year why, just why?

The PR is appalling.

Edited by Wolfsbane

Don't be so negative. At least we get the chance to see Chris Harris & Craig Cook riding for Peterborough.  Don't  we???

• Haha 2

Now it's treble up then. Or maybe just Buster's new idea of Drop In and Ride Where You Like lads ( and when you like ). TIC a little.

Nick out for 3 weeks after surgery on his injured wrist.

Not a peep, yet again, on the OS.

:icon_smile_clown:s.

Good to see Jacob has been back on his bike, training at Gdansk. Can't be far off a return.

What will we do?

A team with Masters, Schlein, Thorssell, Morris and Becker looks very strong, with Kyle dropping to reserve at some point probably. Can see Scott ending up at Peterborough 

Edited by Call me wolfie
  • Like 1

I think we have to bring Jacob back. Scott has done a brilliant job but we need to be the ones who get to use Jacob on his low average.

My only other thought is that if this ongoing injury issue to Nick is going to drag on then we need to move soon to replace him with Scott. 

Very little between the 2 at the start of the season. Nick 6.60 and Scott 6.47. I would imagine Scott goes above that when official averages change?

24 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

I think we have to bring Jacob back. Scott has done a brilliant job but we need to be the ones who get to use Jacob on his low average.

My only other thought is that if this ongoing injury issue to Nick is going to drag on then we need to move soon to replace him with Scott. 

Very little between the 2 at the start of the season. Nick 6.60 and Scott 6.47. I would imagine Scott goes above that when official averages change?

I'm not up to date on average calculations any more but going on the official meetings this season I make these the top 5 for Wolves:

Masters 6.53 incl BP or 6.11 without

Nicholls 7.67 or 6.67

Schlein 7.50 or 6.83

Howarth 5.90 or 5.14

Becker 7.00 or 6.4

Tough call for the Wolves promotion I'd say.

Are averages only worked out on league meetings ? If so Wolves have had 1 meeting so far. I don't know but I would of thought the first set of averages might come in after 4  league meetings ?

You might of worked out averages based on all the teams meetings so far, just to give an idea how all the riders are going :t:

Its still points divided by rides, then x the answer by 4. Pretty sure bonus points don't cost towards team building averages.

After 1 league meeting so far, not including bonus points.

Masters 5.00

Howarth 4.00

Scotty 7.33

Rory 7.33

Morris 4.00

Becker 7.33

So for team changes before the new averages come into effect, pretty sure its based on there starting average. Sorry if you already know ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

Will still be rolling averages each month with only league matches in each update

1 hour ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Tough call for the Wolves promotion I'd say.

There isn't anywhere close to being a tough call to make.

People are laboring under the misconception Nicholls is doing well. He is doing 'ok'. That is purely and simply because he is riding at No 3 which is a lot easier than 5 and especially 1.

The way the Wolves team is built (when all fit) is they don't have an out and out No 1 but four riders of a fairly equal level in Masters, Schlein, Thorssell and Morris. All four of them will see their scores dip when at 1 or 5.. but they would all put in massive pts when at 3 or 4 to balance it out.

When riding at 3 or 4 Masters, Schlein and Thorssell have all averaged around the 9 mark. Nicholls has averaged 7.00. 

At home it is more telling. Thorssell at 3/4 is a 10.5 rider. Masters and Schlein are close 9.5 to 10pters.... Nicholls 6.67.

If it weren't for the unexpected form of Luke Becker Wolves would have lost at least one, very possibly both home meetings.

The decision is simple. As soon as Thorssell is fit he comes back in.

It's the difference between having quite possibly the best team in the league (once Morris is back and if Becker carries on the way he is) and being also rans.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Will still be rolling averages each month with only league matches in each update

Cheers Taps.. I knew i'd forget something. Old fart syndrome ;)