British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

On 4/25/2019 at 12:44 PM, BWitcher said:

There isn't anywhere close to being a tough call to make.

People are laboring under the misconception Nicholls is doing well. He is doing 'ok'. That is purely and simply because he is riding at No 3 which is a lot easier than 5 and especially 1.

The way the Wolves team is built (when all fit) is they don't have an out and out No 1 but four riders of a fairly equal level in Masters, Schlein, Thorssell and Morris. All four of them will see their scores dip when at 1 or 5.. but they would all put in massive pts when at 3 or 4 to balance it out.

When riding at 3 or 4 Masters, Schlein and Thorssell have all averaged around the 9 mark. Nicholls has averaged 7.00. 

At home it is more telling. Thorssell at 3/4 is a 10.5 rider. Masters and Schlein are close 9.5 to 10pters.... Nicholls 6.67.

If it weren't for the unexpected form of Luke Becker Wolves would have lost at least one, very possibly both home meetings.

The decision is simple. As soon as Thorssell is fit he comes back in.

It's the difference between having quite possibly the best team in the league (once Morris is back and if Becker carries on the way he is) and being also rans.

Suggest you look at the PSC format again. Home No. 1 meets opposing No. 1 once, whereas No. 3 meets them twice. Both only face a reserve once, and of course there's the nominated races as well.

Fact is, when not viewed with bias, it's a difficult decision for Wolves. I expect them to stick with their original team, that's what I would, and Nicholls would fit in nicely at Poole or Peterborough, unless Poole are looking to Cook as their playoff substitute this year. 

47 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Suggest you look at the PSC format again. Home No. 1 meets opposing No. 1 once, whereas No. 3 meets them twice. Both only face a reserve once, and of course there's the nominated races as well.

Fact is, when not viewed with bias, it's a difficult decision for Wolves. I expect them to stick with their original team, that's what I would, and Nicholls would fit in nicely at Poole or Peterborough, unless Poole are looking to Cook as their playoff substitute this year. 

Nicholls won't be going to Boro after April 30th, the new green sheets show the team average jumping from 39.46 to 42.43 on May Ist. 

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Good point on the heat format, I had forgotten about that.

Still doesn't change my view however., its a no brainer to bring Thorssell back in as long as he is fit.

As the PSC group A is now a dead rubber with Belle Vue going through to the final can we expect the Peterborough (H) to be rerun or in the best interests of the sport can the 10 - 2 be allowed to stand!!!

Just now, Lefty said:

As the PSC group A is now a dead rubber with Belle Vue going through to the final can we expect the Peterborough (H) to be rerun or in the best interests of the sport can the 10 - 2 be allowed to stand!!!

It should be rerun of course, Wolves should have got their finger out like Belle Vue did.

First free Monday at Monmore Green  is Sept 16th :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Lefty said:

First free Monday at Monmore Green  is Sept 16th :rolleyes:

Be more if the Spoons didn’t dominate the rest. :unsure:

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

It should be rerun of course, Wolves should have got their finger out like Belle Vue did.

Date has been added to the fixture list as Monday 22nd July at home, can't get why it isn't done on Monday 10th June and Premier fixture moved back to the new date. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ellioth4 said:

Date has been added to the fixture list as Monday 22nd July at home, can't get why it isn't done on Monday 10th June and Premier fixture moved back to the new date. 

No argument from me.

Will that push the final back to the end of October? :cry:

11 minutes ago, Lefty said:

That's what I'm worried about. Belle Vue have already qualified from our group and the other group's final fixture currently is 13th June. So hopefully they can do in the summer

1 hour ago, Lefty said:

It's speedway, will be run after the final!

23 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

He can only replace Hans or Tungate, i can't see that happening.

Why? They are way under the limit since Summers replaced Cook

20 hours ago, Crumpet77 said:

Because on the 1st May the current 1-7 will be just 0.07 under the points limit - http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/premiershipteamissues19

OMG if true, but the figures look wrong to me, Lasse has averaged 5 points in his 2 meetings this year but his average has gone up to over 6 from below 5!! Really?

28 minutes ago, Crumpet77 said:

Hard to work out that increase, i agree with you :t:

Will depend which matches drop out of the rolling calculation

It may be the 2019 starting average included 2017 and 2018 matches upto the 20 sample size but at first review all the 2017 become obselete even if the new rolling average isnt using the full 20 matches

Only a theory - hopefully someone can clarify

• Like 1