British Speedway Forum
Yampy

Wolves 2019

On 5/14/2019 at 3:59 PM, BWitcher said:

I've no doubt there were. There aren't many fans left with any actual intelligence :)

If Nicholls ended up moving to No 1 or 5 and his scoring dropped they'd soon change their minds. They simply compare his scores at 3/4 to those of Thorssell at No 1 and think they are comparable in some way.

Don't get me wrong. I like Scott Nicholls and he is doing a good job BUT he is not as good as Jacob Thorssell at this stage of his career, especially at Monmore.

I totally get what you are saying

Nicholls at home scoring 11+2, 9+2, 12+1 and 9+2....are scores from the number 3 position that Thorsell would be expected to score.

Away though Scott has 13+1 and 9+1 and sometimes its away form that counts

Having said that i agree that if Scott moved to number one he may struggle to replicate those scores where (especially at home) Jacob would score more. Scott currently avoids the generally harder heat 13...his 4th ride at the moment is against the opposition numbers 3 and 6 ...easier than facing the opponents 1 and 5

I would also say Scott is outscoring what Morris would have done (my opinion of course)

45 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Nicholls at home scoring 11+2, 9+2, 12+1 and 9+2....are scores from the number 3 position that Thorsell would be expected to score.

Having said that i agree that if Scott moved to number one he may struggle to replicate those scores where (especially at home) Jacob would score more. Scott currently avoids the generally harder heat 13...his 4th ride at the moment is against the opposition numbers 3 and 6 ...easier than facing the opponents 1 and 5

I would also say Scott is outscoring what Morris would have done (my opinion of course)

The thing is, Thorssell at 3 or 4 was scoring more than that.. that would be the minimum he'd be expected to score. His away form at that position was good too.

I disagree on Morris. He is super fast around Monmore and again riding at 3 or 4 his scores would be very high. He is, like Thorssell, another with an average lower due to a season riding at 1/5.

Great news the original line up is finally going to be on track. Huge thanks to Scott who has ridden very well for us and delighted he is fixed up at Peterborough. He deserves it.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Well done Management in making the correct decision.

I suspect it was made easier by knowing Scott had another option lined up. Looking forward to the rest of the season now, it's the team PA wanted, let's see how it works out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

I suspect it was made easier by knowing Scott had another option lined up. Looking forward to the rest of the season now, it's the team PA wanted, let's see how it works out

Wolves are a very good side top 4 material

But i would rather race you at Foxhall with Thorsell and Masters then Nicholls and R/R

28 minutes ago, Gavan said:

But i would rather race you at Foxhall with Thorsell and Masters then Nicholls and R/R

I would probably agree with you there, Nicholls is much more accomplished at tracks like Ipswich and Peterborough, last nights meeting is probably the reason Jacob wasnt brought back in last week. makes us very strong at home though. 

Edited by Call me wolfie

On 5/15/2019 at 6:50 PM, Gavan said:

Don't forget in the PSC the format is different so the number 3 position is no easier than the number 1.  Irrelevant now as the choices have been made and Wolves have stuck by their original selection, which I applaud.  Let's see how the season progresses!

Edited by SPEEDY69

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

What absolute nonsense.

4 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Don't forget in the PSC the format is different so the number 3 position is no easier than the number 1.  Irrelevant now as the choices have been made and Wolves have stuck by their original selection, which I applaud.  Let's see how the season progresses!

Nicholls rolling average of 6.43 from last 20 meetings. Those all ridden at No 5 or No 3.

Thorssell rolling average of 7.25 from last 20 meetings, almost all ridden at No 1, think a couple at 5.

It's not even close.

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

I would probably agree with you there, Nicholls is much more accomplished at tracks like Ipswich and Peterborough, last nights meeting is probably the reason Jacob wasnt brought back in last week. makes us very strong at home though. 

No he isn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where does this myth come from, are you still living in 2012 or something?

6.43 is Nicholls average across his last 20 meetings. His average is that low for a REASON. 

Last night he scored 10 from 6, its at best an average return when riding at no 3, with RR operating at 4 giving you both Heat 12 and Heat 14.

It should also be pointed out, he has that low average without riding at No 1.. by far the hardest position.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

What absolute nonsense.

Why is that nonsense?

Thorsell i dont believe has seen Foxhall and Nicholls knows the place like the back of his hand

Morris does ok but in the lower league 

Personally Thorsell aand Morris will outscore Nicholls and R/R and do beter at most tracks....just that at Foxhall my opinion is that it doesnt make you stronger

Just now, Gavan said:

Why is that nonsense?

Thorsell i dont believe has seen Foxhall and Nicholls knows the place like the back of his hand

Morris does ok but in the lower league 

Personally Thorsell aand Morris will outscore Nicholls and R/R and do beter at most tracks....just that at Foxhall my opinion is that it doesnt make you stronger

Because Nicholls is a far weaker rider, at any track these days, and RR is even weaker still.